Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - If you had the choice to include one thing

• 9115 posts
    May 20, 2019 3:55 AM PDT

Community Debate - If you had the choice to include one thing in a Pantheon Pledge, what would it be and why?

Bonus question - What would the perfect Pantheon pledge look like to you? #MMORPG #communitymatters

We are currently making some changes to our pledges and your feedback is important to us!

• 151 posts
    May 20, 2019 4:54 AM PDT
    If a grown up is in charge and can weed out the stupid submissions I would like to see players being able to name in game items. Weapons, buildings, maybe some named mobs.

The devil is in the details. Cant over do it right? But something like that is far cooler to me than another stupid in game item. I hate those. I want either real world stuff or something in game that I could see on launch day and 5 years from now and know I had some say in it. Even if it's just a name on a gate to a farm house.
    • 193 posts
    May 20, 2019 7:52 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - If you had the choice to include one thing in a Pantheon Pledge, what would it be and why?

Bonus question - What would the perfect Pantheon pledge look like to you? #MMORPG #communitymatters

We are currently making some changes to our pledges and your feedback is important to us!

Well, this has been kicked around in another thread (that I can't find), but will throw it out there for this one. I'd like to see print versions of the lore and artwork. Probably wouldn't want to make that available early on (at least not the lore), but after a year or two it would be cool to have. Signed editions would be even better. :)

Given that we just have a general description of current rewards and don't know how much they will impact gameplay, it's hard to speculate on them. They sound cool and will hopefully be a small advantage, but not game breaking. Being able to name/design an item might be a cool pledge reward. After playing, say, 6 months or a year, we'll have a much better idea of what would fit and actually be able to do so intelligently. With all the items this game is likely to have, this might actually help (pending VR approval, of course).

I'd also like to see a way to lock in a certain set of pledge rewards. Having an option (other than the 12 monthly installments) to give toward a certain pledge level would be nice. We currently can give and it adds, but if we fail to make the mark of what we were 'saving' for, we just have to hope the new version of that level is as desireable as what we wanted with the original.

• 200 posts
    May 20, 2019 8:08 AM PDT

To start, a description of what each item is so we know how to compare different pledges.

Side note: I get the feeling VR hasn't come up with what the actual in-game items will be (which is fine, seems difficult to keep balance early on). Maybe the items should only be unlockable/questable for pledges at level 30+, that way VR can design these pledge items with actual stats. Also, we wouldn't start out with a powerful ring, tunic or backpack at level 1. Lastly, you don't have to create a bunch of cosmetic only items.

Overall, I'm happy with what's listed for pledges.

Perfect pledge: Adviser's with added early character creation (like the lower cost Bloodsworn) and a physical map or giant coffee mug.   

One item (you asked!!!): Not to beat a dead horse because I know you just addressed this in the last newsletter, but I would gladly donate more money if I could sign an NDA to see some transparency or insight as to where we are in development or a rough timeline. Currently, it's a difficult hurdle for me to get over to blindly donate more money than I already have. My initial $300 was because I trust the team and believe in the vision. 

Lastly, I absolutely love that you are asking for feedback and keeping the community involved. Glad to be here!

This post was edited by WarKnight at May 20, 2019 8:41 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    May 20, 2019 8:30 AM PDT

Nothing that would help a starting character - as is common in other MMOs. The whole *point* of Pantheon (well, one of the points) is for things to be slower and more challenging here. Anything actually useful would literally be pay-to-win even without the nightmare of an in-game store.

Hard to say without knowing how the game will be set up. If a subscription comes with 50 character slots per server, for example, a pledge benefit of an extra character slot will be rather useless even to a confirmed altmaniac such as myself. Let me toss out some ideas that I wouldn't necessarily want myself but that might be attractive to some of us and not too inconsistent with basic game philosophy:

1. Character slots. Most or all pledges give one extra - more would be a benefit (no I don't think the game will give 50 or even 10 per server - even a total of 10 for all servers combined may be more than we will get).

2. Extra name reservation - the current pledge reward has been limited to one name - depending on the naming system a second name would be a plus. Perhaps not allowed to be claimed until everyone has a reasonable time to get their *first* name reserved.

3. A free transfer between servers. I will surely create characters on more than one server - some may prove not to my liking and starting a character over is a bigger investment than in a game where yoiu can go level 1 to 100 in a day. Perhaps a transfer only of the character not of any of its possessions so that this cannot be used to move money from a server where it is easy to get money to one where it is harder.

4. Conversely a free transfer of items but not the character if VR sees no real risk to the economy but doesn't want people to be able to get away from a bad reputation without creating a new character.

5. One free change of race but only to a race permitted for the class.

6. One free change of class but only to a class permitted for the race.

7. If the game will not have this as an option in-game - one free trip back to the character creation screen to change the character's appearance.

None of these allow any character to be even minutely better than a new subscriber could create - they either benefit the player rather than the character or give a "do over" to certain aspects of character creation. I do not recommend allowing anything that actually lets the character be different than a new player could create such as a combination of race/class not otherwise allowed.

This post was edited by dorotea at May 20, 2019 3:37 PM PDT
    • 521 posts
    May 20, 2019 8:43 AM PDT

Id choose something that would let me immortalize my character in some way. That could be the option to add a quest line involving an NPC version of my character, a monument of my character, or the option to name a road or anything that let me leave a mark on the world.

Other possibilities could be getting an option to buy a 3d print of my character, or access to a unique cosmetic version of my class or race, or a unique social emote such as /belch /burp /fart /pickpocket ect..

• 627 posts
    May 20, 2019 8:45 AM PDT
    One with Alpha and Beta test only price 200 ish
    • 2138 posts
    May 20, 2019 9:02 AM PDT

Sabot said: If a grown up is in charge and can weed out the stupid submissions I would like to see players being able to name in game items. Weapons, buildings, maybe some named mobs. The devil is in the details. Cant over do it right? But something like that is far cooler to me than another stupid in game item. I hate those. I want either real world stuff or something in game that I could see on launch day and 5 years from now and know I had some say in it. Even if it's just a name on a gate to a farm house.

Sabot, If I were you, I would hate my idea were it not for the grown-ups being in charge and stupid submissions warning. If eyes cannot be on every submission, my idea is perhaps to create some machine eyes to be the grown-ups with a twist.

You know those click-bait sites that have you find out your rap name, or Game of thrones name or some-such? where you select form column A, then B, then C based on certain parameters and the ramndomizer does the rest or completely random? Why not have the same as an interactive sub function in game, on the fly. first to unlock/be there/obtain kind of thing for some items, not all items maybe epic items or newbie quested weapons so everyone gets a shot to name something once for fun. This would cement item nostalgia value, though. I know I would want to keep my first named weapon. Common things like what you mentioned and maybe the ultra rare being some spots in a sewer or cave where graffitti can be scribed- picked form a menu of choices.

The twist would be the ability to save certain choices and then finally choose the one you like. Sometimes the randomizer can come up with some doozies like "Last words, Quickblade of Darkness" or "Lifedrinker, sculptor of the shadows" so instead of hoping you get that last one that sounded good but you cant find again you can save a few, and then when bored of looking can select one and thats it.

The reason I think if I were you I would hate my idea is - I have no say in it. I may have a really cool name or somehting that means something to me but may choose a word or colleciton of words that may fail the filter set up by VR  making me fruststrated, where a random generator will take away that frustration of having to deal with my frustration on the VR side.

Like that Vampyre card game? that came out soon after M:TG. Remember what it used to be called? The publisher had to change that name due to RL/political forces. The same may apply. One less thing to have to deal with.

• 172 posts
    May 20, 2019 9:08 AM PDT
    Rewards that reflect the amount of my pledge. Specifically subscription time. Most games are $60 at release and a lot of pledges offer two copies of the game which I think is fair. But then it's only 3 months subscription. That's $165 value at $15/mo sub with two copies of the game. If I pledged $165 and got those rewards alone, I've gotten my monies worth. I've supported the developers by basically paying in advance.

Obviously in my opinion: However, there is nothing substantial beyond that, besides getting in to earlier testing phases. Being the game isnt pay to win, the in game rewards are... lack luster, as they should not indicate an advantage. The tangible rewards are great but the cloth map was moved to the 1k pledge.. is 1k really worth a cloth map? Perhaps... I understand that the map isnt a driving force behind that price of pledge.

The point I'm getting at is any pledge should be rewarded with appropriate game time based on the pledge amount. I would add a subscription to pledges that reflect the amount paid for, up to a year or a 6 month sub at $15 as a maximum which also reflects two copies of the game in the amount paid. 15×12 = 180 (one year sub) 2×60 = 120 (two copies of the game) together makes $300.
    • 1584 posts
    May 20, 2019 9:14 AM PDT
    I would love a book of all the lore in the world, and how certain civilizations came to be and all that. I would put this with all my other books I also love to read
    • 560 posts
    May 20, 2019 9:16 AM PDT

I know you said only one item but I have two.

1. Setup pledges so that every higher pledge gives the same rewards as lower pledges plus whatever the new higher pledge offers. There are lots of benefits to be gained by doing it this way. You are able to simplify pledges by stating this pledge includes all previous pledge rewards plus and list the new rewards. It also makes selecting a pledge easier. Right now, you have a large list of items to look though and fear that a previous pledge might offer an item or name plate you might like more then a higher level one. This system would also make upgrading risk free as you would never lose anything only gain more.
    2. I was happy you added an ability to pay monthly for a pledge but it costs more then buying it outright. I understand why you would do this but I feel you might be able to make more if you take another approach. I would like you to add a monthly subscription model set at the games intended monthly subscription price. The way this would work is I would subscribe and as the total amount I have paid added up to the next pledge tier I would be upgraded. The reason I would sign up for this kind of a plan is mostly to just help VR as it is likely I would waste money on release having pledged half way between two pledges. But as I plan on paying a monthly fee on release anyways, I see no reason not to start now. All I ask in return is a that before the game is released I have a chance to make a higher pledge reward.

This post was edited by Susurrus at May 20, 2019 9:18 AM PDT
    • 238 posts
    May 20, 2019 10:23 AM PDT

starblight said:

I know you said only one item but I have two.

1. Setup pledges so that every higher pledge gives the same rewards as lower pledges plus whatever the new higher pledge offers. There are lots of benefits to be gained by doing it this way. You are able to simplify pledges by stating this pledge includes all previous pledge rewards plus and list the new rewards. It also makes selecting a pledge easier. Right now, you have a large list of items to look though and fear that a previous pledge might offer an item or name plate you might like more then a higher level one. This system would also make upgrading risk free as you would never lose anything only gain more.
    2. I was happy you added an ability to pay monthly for a pledge but it costs more then buying it outright. I understand why you would do this but I feel you might be able to make more if you take another approach. I would like you to add a monthly subscription model set at the games intended monthly subscription price. The way this would work is I would subscribe and as the total amount I have paid added up to the next pledge tier I would be upgraded. The reason I would sign up for this kind of a plan is mostly to just help VR as it is likely I would waste money on release having pledged half way between two pledges. But as I plan on paying a monthly fee on release anyways, I see no reason not to start now. All I ask in return is a that before the game is released I have a chance to make a higher pledge reward.

If I could make a major suggestion these would be the two that I would reccomend as well especially number two.  I am paying $15 a month to communicate on the forums and while I personally have no trouble with paying for this service there are many that I know who would not pay the $15 a month just to be able to communicate. I think that the fourms would see alot more action and Pantheon would get alot more player reccomendations in its current developmental state if people could see this money being used towards pledge packages. 

One other thing that I would suggest is the inclusion of a mount in the $300+ tiers. I feel like mounts should be on the harder side to get in game in terms of how much they cost and whey they drop at. I think that having one included within the pledge tiers would draw alot more intrest towards the specific tier they are included in. 

• 2138 posts
    May 20, 2019 10:36 AM PDT

1. Being able to gift pledges. Lets say I pledged for alpha access, but I know I would be a lousy tester. Can I throw my pledge in the VR pot so VR can run their fingers through these unused alpha/beta accesses like so many gold coins and distribute them as they see fit or as gifts to random fantheons who might be better testers than I?

• 1428 posts
    May 20, 2019 12:34 PM PDT

Sabot said: If a grown up is in charge and can weed out the stupid submissions I would like to see players being able to name in game items. Weapons, buildings, maybe some named mobs. The devil is in the details. Cant over do it right? But something like that is far cooler to me than another stupid in game item. I hate those. I want either real world stuff or something in game that I could see on launch day and 5 years from now and know I had some say in it. Even if it's just a name on a gate to a farm house.

can we have a blacksmith called leet and his store name be leet's blacksmith?

i would also like a magic shop called 'the might pen'

a restaurant named 'you kill it we cook it'

a sword of a thousant truths

a shield of a thousand lies

a hammer called smashing grills

an axe called noob splitter

a dagger called annoyance

a staff called the staff of uwu

and to answer overseer kilsin:  i want a nice high quality hat made in the usa with dark myr logo and a limited edition statue (of high quality) of my class and race choice- a female dark myr enchanter functionally dressed please.

• 2419 posts
    May 20, 2019 1:09 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

I'm actually quite happy with the pledge packages and quite happy that VR has allowed early pledgers (those who pledged during the original Kickstarter) to keep their pledge perks even after those exact pledges later disappeared.

I really can't think of a 'perfect' pledge because what I perceive to be a good value (perks vs money) might be way out of wack for someone else.  That said, the best packages are those things that will have long-lasting effects, always being something others could come across even years down the road. The item naming, designing an item are what I like.

• 1033 posts
    May 20, 2019 1:57 PM PDT

That other than basic access to alpha/beta, or maybe physical rewards there be no other rewards.

If you want to donate, donate. If you want to be rewarded outside of basic concepts such as access for alpha/beta, helping in some designs (ie design a dungeon), or getting titles that have no effect on the game, or any other feature that is inconsquential to game play, then you are asking some sort of advantage... and I think any company that provides consequential advantage because someone donated at a development time is playing favors and no different than a RMT store (Yes, this makes games like Star Citizen a game that is massively RMT in its design).

I understand the marketing purposes of crowd funded game, but I think that in such endevours, the rewards should be "more content", not "special features for you who donate the most".

At the end of the day, this is a subscription game, everyone who PAYS should get the same basic features of play (fluff crap that has no effect on game play is irrelevant), but... if a service, a feature in play that has an effect on play is offered in a pledge, but not offered to a release sub, then it is special treatment, and at its very core RMT regardless of how one might want to excuse it.

You want to donate, donate... expect something for donating? You aren't looking to see this game made, you are looking to get some cheat out of seeing it made and a game that allows that is no different than any other RMT PTW game that exists.

• 801 posts
    May 20, 2019 2:02 PM PDT

@kilsin

I know this is only information gathering topic. But hear me out. YOu knew i had the knights pledge some ages ago, i went to update it to a higher teir and found i would have crippled my certain pledge. I gave it to a close friend of mine. Now my biggest fear is this.

YOu offer a better then knights pledge and my gift feels cheap. I didnt have to do this, but it was in support for the existing pledges.

Please stomp all my fears, because i feel like i might get slapped in the face, and unforseen by you guys.

Thanks.

• 388 posts
    May 20, 2019 2:30 PM PDT

I like Pledges as they are but since you asked: 

I would love a cloth map that doesn't require $3000 to get. (let me add one to my current pledge for $50)

I would love to be able to do Pre Alpha as a one time thing. Let me group in pre alpha for like $25-30 an hour. This would likely promote people spending a LOT more money. I will give you $100 right now to be able to heal you guys in BRK or HC or that Orc camp that the devs went to that one time with all the funny twitchers/youtubers etc. for 2 hours. (i wanna Cleric heal) 

I would love to be able to add the in game Name Badge thing (like the special you had going several months back) 

Gifting pledges to friends would be cool. 

Let me go from PATHFINDER to BLACK ROSE pledge for $50 for 5 months. 

that's all I got for adds. but server transfers and name changes should never ever ever be possible in Pantheon 

This post was edited by Flapp at May 20, 2019 11:21 PM PDT
    • 416 posts
    May 20, 2019 2:35 PM PDT

A cap with the Pantheon logo!

• 781 posts
    May 20, 2019 2:51 PM PDT

My one thing to include across the pledges if not already planned to be in a seperate "store" of its own would be the shirts, hats, coffe mugs, Posters etc.. any of those items along with the pledge would make me a happy camper :) "store" probably isn't the correct word to be using but a way to purchase those items apart from the pledge if not offering them in all pledges.  To offer them in a lower Tier pledge when you already have the higher tier is kinda confusing to me. Other then that my personal opinion would be that the pledges are looking pretty good as is as far as the advantages go, the wording on a lot of the items is getting confusing as they keep changing ie : " founders conclave instead of founders guild "  etc..  As far as the perfect Pantheon Pledge, I honestly don't think there is one as everyone has a different expectation, but that's just my humble opinion.  Thank you guys for all the hard work that ya'll are doing in making this game one to be remembered :)  

• 1281 posts
    May 20, 2019 3:45 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

The ability to convert your "old" Pledge level to the new one of the same "cost" if you feel that it is better than what you are receiving.

• 1714 posts
    May 20, 2019 4:14 PM PDT

Naming a server would be dope. 

• 372 posts
    May 20, 2019 5:53 PM PDT

If you had the choice to include one thing in a Pantheon Pledge, what would it be and why?

A cloth map of Terminus (physical reward)  -  Is it worth $45?  Because I'd gladly take a cloth map over 3 months of game subscription.

Bonus question - What would the perfect Pantheon pledge look like to you?

Firebrand's Pledge $200

• Unlimited Champion Access
    • Beta access
    • Digital copy of the game
    • Early name reservation
    • Game Title: Firebrand
    • Additional character slot
    • Cloth Map of Terminus (physical item)
    • Digital Soundtrack

This post was edited by Tigersin at May 20, 2019 6:00 PM PDT
    • 151 posts
    May 20, 2019 11:41 PM PDT

stellarmind said:

can we have a blacksmith called leet and his store name be leet's blacksmith?

i would also like a magic shop called 'the might pen'

a restaurant named 'you kill it we cook it'

a sword of a thousant truths

a shield of a thousand lies

a hammer called smashing grills

an axe called noob splitter

a dagger called annoyance

a staff called the staff of uwu

and to answer overseer kilsin:  i want a nice high quality hat made in the usa with dark myr logo and a limited edition statue (of high quality) of my class and race choice- a female dark myr enchanter functionally dressed please.

A grown up has reviewed your submissions. They have been deemed stupid. You have two more attempts at summiting an acceptable ie non stupid submission remianing. 

• 2756 posts
    May 21, 2019 3:54 AM PDT

Hmm. Can't do one thing, I'm afraid. If I had to prioritise one thing it would be: -

Surname reservation
    I think I've read previously you are keen on making only the combination of first and last name unique, but for someone like myself that would like to operate a YouTube channel about the game, I would like to have Disposalist as a surname that no one else can use than all my characters would be recognisably and definitely 'me' without having to display the account name or whatever.
    I think even without the YouTube aspect it would be nice anyway to reserve a family name. I think a lot of players would find it an irritation to have other players using their surname and pretending they are somehow 'related' to you.

But I have to add some more suggestions...

No in-game fluff, please. No weird looking cosmetic clothing or indestructable passive pets.

My name in the game somewhere I can go visit (and not just in a pop-up list when you click somewhere even if it's just scrawled on a rock in the middle of nowhere)

Copyright free digital assets that YouTubers could use in videos, eg. Artwork and in-game graphics with transparent backgrounds. Soundtrack and effects etc.

More character slots if character slots are quite limited. Pantheon races and classes are all sounding very interesting, so I'm going to want at least 12 slots so I can give all the classes and races a good go before choosing one (or two) to main.

Some free technical 'actions' like server transfers, etc.

Lifetime subscription? I think I paid £120 for a lifetime sub to LOTRO. I like that I can go back and play it no matter when I fancy. Since some pledges are $1000 perhaps a lifetime sub is appropriate for some?

Limited edition wearables (cap, t-shirt, underpants!, etc)

All pledge bonuses be truly limited edition, eg. if you give a pledge cloth map, don't let it be available in the cash shop later. At least make the cash shop one different.

I should say, I'm fine with the pledges as they are, but you did ask! ;^)