Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Based on what you have seen so far

• 9115 posts
    April 11, 2019 4:02 AM PDT

Community Debate - Based on what you have seen so far, name your favourite Pantheon class and why? #MMORPG #communitymatters

• 271 posts
    April 11, 2019 4:23 AM PDT

Dire Lord.

Been around long enough to know that in the end, you are all you've got. Not always or constantly, not even predictably; but ultimately, you are all you've got. Only bank you can take it to is yours.
    And twenty some years later, by damn, am i not tired of begging/waiting. And waiting. And waiting. Eventually hoping. Or more realistically, accepting my lot. Not again :)
    We've been at this before, we've been at this here too. All i need is a look at the class descriptions to know it's more of the same.
    "some classes can do better than others"

This goes back to a design level, where (and why) VR has chosen to be.. "progressive" and where it's chosen to be.. "conservative". It is what it is, happy to be around nonetheless, but.. calling it as it is.

Are there folks that like all that? Sure! What's more fun than gathering 3 pieces of gear when everyone else only needs one? What's more fun than standing still hoping for someone to help you cause it's a simple mob nest but no way in God can you go through or down it alone, when the class next to you just exited it, soloing it all? How awesome does that make you feel!
    Fun can be subjective of course, so.. sure. Someone would love that! But since you asked ^^

* says the man that has been waiting for a Vanguard 2.0ish shammie since the day Vanguard closed mind you.. if that tells you something. Luckily for you, not everyone's my age, or my levels of cynicism, so there's that, lol; i don't know how honest folks are with the team here, but i feel i need to be as i'm certain i'm not the only person thinking this way. And i'd dare say for good reasons as well. Too late to mention now? Again sure, way too late. But since you asked.

This post was edited by Aenra at April 11, 2019 4:31 AM PDT
    • 178 posts
    April 11, 2019 5:08 AM PDT

Priest,

because reasons.*

* i can wear full plate and wield mace and shield rolelaying DnD cleric and not be a paladin.

• 230 posts
    April 11, 2019 5:25 AM PDT

Paladin...no summoner....no paladin....I just can't decide.

Summoner - because no end of useful stuff without all the encumberance. Also pets look like good combat assistance

Paladin - Love the abilities and slaying undead

• 1281 posts
    April 11, 2019 6:33 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - Based on what you have seen so far, name your favourite Pantheon class and why? #MMORPG #communitymatters

Nothing has changed my mind from my very initial thoughts.... Rogue. Definitely the Rogue. Nothing particularly "scientific". The Rogue class "feels right" to me. That's about the best explanation I can give.

• 1921 posts
    April 11, 2019 6:35 AM PDT

Monk, because they satisfy 3 roles (dps, cc, tank) and can self heal, so maybe 0.5 of the Heal role, too. :)  3.5/4 roles?  Sign me up!
    Absolutely no risk of dying, and the ability to force PvP on a PvE server is pretty handy, too, if the need arises.  I say this last bit facetiously, because I would never do it, but it's still true.

• 206 posts
    April 11, 2019 6:50 AM PDT

You VR, have brought an amazing dynamic to the Warrior. I am thankful for that. I can honeslty say that I think the warrior will be wanted in every group, whether it be later levels or end game. I could even argue that warriors may be as essential to a group for utility as an enchanter is for cc(in the minds of EQ'ers). If a warrior can master the Battle Formations, War Banners, and War Cries then their versitility alone will be looked for as tanks. I feel like party members will appricitate the warriors abilities to be combined with their own.

Honorable mentions: Summoner. Dire Lord.

This post was edited by Valorous1 at April 11, 2019 8:28 AM PDT
    • 1785 posts
    April 11, 2019 7:03 AM PDT

I like them all, but I think I really appreciate Pantheon's take on the Summoner.  They don't just feel like a reskin of EQ mages or a second-class wizard.  I may or may not play one, but Summoner fascinates me.

• 193 posts
    April 11, 2019 7:15 AM PDT

Just one? Nah, not gonna happen. In no particular order:

Dire Lord - a new take on a tank class; I actually like the fact it isn't a shadowknight/anti-paladin thing

Summoner - as mentioned earlier, it doesn't look like a watered down wizard, and I really like where it could go

Rogue - more than just dps, plus I totally want to use that rope to climb everywhere I can (and try places I'm not supposed to)

Edit: Really wanted to add bard to my list, but we haven't actually seen anything on them yet.

This post was edited by Percipiens at April 11, 2019 12:51 PM PDT
    • 947 posts
    April 11, 2019 7:43 AM PDT

Bard - because I just want to look good :)

My first would've been DL had they been able to wear the good looking armor ;)

All of this will likely change once we get more details on the races.

This post was edited by Darch at April 11, 2019 8:15 AM PDT
    • 724 posts
    April 11, 2019 7:44 AM PDT

From my list of "likely to try and play" classes, the one I like the most so far (from seeing them in streams) is the paladin. Would be a change for me, as I never played a tank class as main really. I like the class for its theme, and the description of its abilities. And what was shown of that in the streams of course!

However, this is all subject to change...it's really hard to decide based just on the class descriptions, and the streams haven't nearly been thorough enough. Need. More. Info! :)

• 696 posts
    April 11, 2019 7:47 AM PDT

Druid

With the climate system being in place, and druids playing a big part in that, the druid seems to be the pick for me so far. I also like how all the priest classes are going to be more equal this time instead of the go to cleric healer, so druid seems more tempting now since I won't suck at healing like I did in EQ. They also look like dps healers with their certain passives and the tentacle aoe dmg/healing abilitie looks awesome to. The reverb bouncing of druid healing effects looks great also. So on paper the druid seems to be the pick for me right now.

The second one would be Paladin. Paladin finally looks like a great tank that can match the Warrior and Direlord. Usually second rate and a offtank the Paladin needs to shine somehow. With the passive against undead they certainly look really fun to play and will dominate certain areas and mob types over the warrior and Direlord. So that will either be my main, depending on druid, or alt that I decide to make.

• 413 posts
    April 11, 2019 8:12 AM PDT

In the begining I was leaning Monk - but after the reveal I am "ok" with how they have the Chakra Gate system set up.  Though Chi energy does not quite work that way.  so I am waiting and see how it looks in context of the game.

I am really impressed with the Rogue reveal.  Which is different for me.  I have often thought that Rogues were "in name only" in most MMO because sneak and backstab are not enough for me.  But with the preception system, Atmospheres and climbing.  The Rogue class has more to play with now.  Length or rope, Trapworks, Poison Craft, then the Alchemical Abilites.  If I can really be Rogue like, I might be playing my first Rogue outside of pencil and paper D&D.

Palidin has my attention as well.

I will explore these 3 classes.

This post was edited by Zevlin at April 11, 2019 8:23 AM PDT
    • 1428 posts
    April 11, 2019 8:37 AM PDT

enchanter

as i peer into the abyss i see myself and not a reflection.  madness smears across my face plucking the hairs from my eyebrows.  a smoking thought blazes through hitting 1, 2, 3.  oh right the healer needs mana.  a vision he needs a squeeze pull his potential.  an extra creature has joined the fray.  insanity shall greet the souless soul with a soul.  fish are clouds and birds are seaweed.  no rhyme or rhythmn.  shape chaos is order i am the alchemist of the mind.

• 259 posts
    April 11, 2019 8:38 AM PDT

The Summoner, because the pet classes have always been my favorite class to play.

• 90 posts
    April 11, 2019 9:14 AM PDT

Shaman. No no! Druid. No, wait! Cleric. No, no! Bard. Um...maybe Summoner. No, wait! Maybe.....

• 1428 posts
    April 11, 2019 9:19 AM PDT

Ghool said:

Shaman. No no! Druid. No, wait! Cleric. No, no! Bard. Um...maybe Summoner. No, wait! Maybe.....

i see indecision has struck you.  here let me help you.  you've been traversing for a long time in dire need of a drink.  stumbling upon a tavern you walk in.  the barkeep eyes you as you (how do you walk in?) and order (what is your drink?) because (why did you order this drink?)

• 627 posts
    April 11, 2019 9:31 AM PDT
    The Shaman the story behind the class, the buffs and aggressive utility is just what I'm looking for. To be abel to join a grp as backup healer and support with utility, buffs and dps is where I hope to play the most. It sounds sooo fun!
    • 646 posts
    April 11, 2019 10:33 AM PDT

I really wish there was a cloth-themed healer.

From a "I want to play it" perspective, my favorite so far is probably druid (even though I'm not keen on the pet)... so long as I can be a main healer as druid. From a design perspective, my favorite is summoner.

• 168 posts
    April 11, 2019 10:42 AM PDT

Summoner so far based off of abilities, haven't really seen Summoners up close in a stream yet though.

• 127 posts
    April 11, 2019 11:40 AM PDT

Paladin. From reading the abilities it looks like it's not just going to be a one-trick pony tank or even a tank with a bit of healing, but an all-in crisis manager. The class has a push back, pull, knockdown, stun, mesmerize-like ability, small heals, resurrection, debuff removal and even an illusion that will tank for you while you move to deal with an emergency elsewhere.

It's so far away from the traditional tank and spank playstyle that I'd actually argue it's quite deserving of being listed as a (hybrid) crowd control class, because all that stuff listed above goes beyond just a 'utility' label. It looks super interesting and I hope it does turn out viable to be played that way if specced properly (with high charisma and wisdom stats). In any case, the huge versatility of their kit will likely make it easy for different players to distinguish themselves through their own personal skill and style.

The RP flavor of the class is icing on the cake.

This post was edited by Kaeldorn at April 11, 2019 11:43 AM PDT
    • 12 posts
    April 11, 2019 12:43 PM PDT

Bard - runnin fast and pumpin mana all the while providing sweet silky tunes!

This post was edited by Morn at April 11, 2019 12:43 PM PDT
    • 90 posts
    April 11, 2019 1:07 PM PDT

Too early to tell, I really want to see more of the Summoner class and what they can do and how viable they are. From the stream I've seen so far the classes presented don't have their full potential unlocked yet and are just acting on bare bone abilities. 

From what i read though i really want to play the summoner. 

• 154 posts
    April 11, 2019 4:11 PM PDT

Enchanter and close second would be Druid. I will make my choice depending on my experience playing during the beta and if Bard is released or not. 

• 44 posts
    April 11, 2019 4:21 PM PDT

There are more classes than druid? news to me!....