Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

New EQ Progression Servers - Any interest ?

• 46 posts
    March 10, 2019 10:01 AM PDT

Daybreak is launching two new EQ progression servers next Saturday for the 20th anniversary: Selo's and Mangler. I'm planning to play on Mangler and wondering if any other folks waiting for Pantheon are interested in getting together there for grouping or raiding if there's enough interest to form a guild. With it starting at Classic and releasing expansions every 3 months, the timing seems perfect to play through the golden years of EQ through Luclin/PoP by around the same time that Pantheon is hopefully releasing or at least into beta and our guild or group there could potentially move over to Pantheon and hit the ground running.

I'll be playing on Mangler with an erudite wizard, with my wife playing a high elf cleric, and i'll probably also box a warrior or some kind of tank on a seperate PC. Respond here or shoot me a message if you're interested in grouping up or forming a guild when it launches. 

Basic Info on Manger:

- Launches with just classic zones. Kunark and future expansions are released every 12 weeks. 

- XP rate slightly accelerated from classic, but slower than other progression servers

- Major raid content from each expansion (e.g. Naggy/Vox/OS/VP/ToV) will be available as instances so available to any guilds who want to try the content (open world versions will also exist to be competed over like in true EQ experience). 

- Truebox Server - You're only allowed to play 1 account at a time per computer so if you plan to box multiple characters, you need multiple computers (this means no 20-box mage armies farming all the content if you played on other non-Truebox progression servers).

- Here is their detailed FAQ with more info on the server ruleset: https://www.everquest.com/news/mangler-progression-server-faq-2019

Hope to see some some of you there :)

• 41 posts
    March 10, 2019 4:43 PM PDT

I was thinking of playing but didn't know which server. I wanted to play an Iksar Necro but would have to play on Selo. But I might still play on Mangler.

• 413 posts
    March 11, 2019 6:53 AM PDT

Though I don't like Daybreak, I will do it for the 20th.  

Although - no corpse runs..:(

Q: Will you be removing changes made to game functions?

In most cases, no. For instance, the UI will be current, you will not leave your items on your corpse when you die, coin will not have weight, and the advanced loot system will be in place. If it is a modern system that is enabled on live servers for everyone, it will be in place.

• 46 posts
    March 11, 2019 6:57 AM PDT

There was a lot about Selo's that I liked, including the shorter lockout on raid content to speed up the farming process necessary with a faster expansion schedule but the deal breaker for me was it starting with everything through Luclin already unlocked and PoP unlocking 6 weeks after server launch. That would basically make huge chunks of Classic - Velious irrelevant since there will be so much needed to be done in that first 6 weeks to be PoP-ready by May 1.

For people who love PoP and are wanting to relive that experience as quickly as possible, Selo's is the best choice. For me, I'm looking for the initial fun and rush of the classic launch, and then raiding VP in Kunark, ToV in Velious, and hopefully cracking into VT just around the time that Pantheon goes into Beta, with hopefully being able to raid PoP and test Pantheon beta concurrently before jumping to Pantheon when it launches. 

I wish you the best though if you go to Selo's. A necro would definetely be a great class choice there with the increased rares on the server combined with solo farming capability a necro brings. 

Edit: Yeah, I was dissapointed to see no corpse runs either. It will make breaking Plane of Fear much less fearful...

This post was edited by Gemdiver at March 11, 2019 7:41 AM PDT
    • 696 posts
    March 11, 2019 9:11 AM PDT

Only thing about the faster progression one is that they only give you a Month for each expansion...which is stupid and defeats the purpose lol.

• 2 posts
    March 11, 2019 9:36 PM PDT
    Hi all! I do think I would be interested in this. I just started on p99 but don't really know anyone there, so making some friends and even porting over to pantheon when the time comes sounds fantastic. Only bad thing is my playtime can be erratic with work and school. What times are you planning on being most active?
    • 379 posts
    March 12, 2019 1:06 AM PDT

I will be playing Monk + Shaman on Mangler until Classic WoW goes live. WTB Pantheon Alpha~!

• 46 posts
    March 12, 2019 6:55 AM PDT

I'm east coast and will be pretty much all day and half the night on weekends and then weekday evenings and sporadically during the day on weekdays. Hoping to ultimately to have or find a guild that will raid on Friday/Saturday nights + 1 weeknight. My wife is a first time EQ player (though an EQ2 veteran), so I will probably rush my wizard on my own to be able to start farming rares and working on tradeskills, and level up my warrior with her at a slower pace.

• 239 posts
    March 12, 2019 7:34 AM PDT

I am really upset about this to be honest.  I have such a short attention span on games and can not split my little play time.  I'm really getting into grove on ESO and enjoying the lore, and about to the point where I was last time I quit.  And now they open a new progression server!!!

I will more then likely be there. Thinking of doing a class I have never done. Paladin/Druid/Monk or Bard...

• 239 posts
    March 12, 2019 7:56 AM PDT

One thing that really got my attention was the no single computer boxing. As Gem said he will multi comp box, which I'm not a fan of myself but at least this way will be much more rare. Do we really think this will be enforced?  Anyone play on EQ server that didnt allow boxing like this?

I just never liked the 1 guy running by with 2 groups of mages following behind him to go camp names.

• 379 posts
    March 12, 2019 7:24 PM PDT

You don't really see the mage box armies, but people still can box their own groups. I boxed 5 on Phinigel server for a while, usually people only have 2 toons though max. As far as enforcement, it is coded to not allow more than 1 client to connect to the sever if its the same IP. There are loopholes, but meh.

• 388 posts
    March 14, 2019 8:23 PM PDT

I am going to play on Mangler. I will be a Dark elf Cleric or Enchanter. (maybe a necro) .... 

Pantheon is LONG ways out. I need something to do... 

• 41 posts
    March 16, 2019 11:42 AM PDT

I decided to go gnome necro on Mangler. see you all there!

• 388 posts
    March 16, 2019 12:41 PM PDT

argh... can't log in ;p those 20 year old servers are screaming in agony right now lol 

• 239 posts
    March 17, 2019 6:46 AM PDT
    Finally got in after hours of issues with their crappy servers and horrible service.... why do we keep giving them our money? :).
    Anyways I am going to give this bard a try. Look me up on there name is "Gerardo" better hurry I'm already lvl 5!