Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Instance vs Open World

• 1315 posts
    March 14, 2019 11:56 AM PDT

oneADseven said:

I ended up revising that dungeon concept because it was originally dependent on some form of instancing.  A lot of people didn't like that and made good points about how it didn't really fit into the "vision" that has been described for this game.  In the end, it was a good experience.  It challenged me to try and think outside the box to find a way to maintain the underlying concept without relying on instancing.  I ended up being much happier with the revised version than the original, particularly because of how it could end up being a shared zone/experience.

Hmm do you have a link to the newest version?  I have not seen it in a while and I'm curious to see what you came up with.

• 3237 posts
    • 1584 posts
    March 14, 2019 1:53 PM PDT

Trasak said:

@Riahuff22

Yeah, kept going back and forth if I should have put you off to the side or not.  I put the (at great need) as a way to indicate you were not universally for sharding but considered it as a possible tool at launch to smooth out the over crowding.  Should I change (at great need) to (only at launch to prevent overcrowding) or create an undecided catagory?  I realize now that even my lists had my bias of basically being those Vehemently against any form of instancing and everyone else so I put you in the everyone else catagory.

It's all good man, since you put it that way it was different than I thought it meant, but like I said we will see what the devs have planned for at launch, basically all the ways have been said, and known before this topic was brought up, and both have major cons and pros, so we will see what happens, like I said once before their isn't a right answer, nor will their ever will be so this conversation will never ease to end.