Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Greatest of all time?

• 9115 posts
    January 21, 2019 3:53 AM PST

What is your greatest accomplishment of all time in an MMORPG? #MMORPG #communitymatters

• 438 posts
    January 21, 2019 4:10 AM PST
    Getting all my epics for my ranger in EQ1.
    • 228 posts
    January 21, 2019 4:29 AM PST

In Vanguard, hurrying my Mineralogist to level 50, acquiring all the prerequisite guild hall recipies and in a few weeks or months singlehandedly producing all the boards and bricks for my guild's hall. The guild helped all they could with harvesting and grouping for the recipies, but it was A LOT of building materials to make. We were racing for a good plot, and I was the only high-level Mineralogist in the guild. It was terrible and exhilerating at the same time.

• 97 posts
    January 21, 2019 5:06 AM PST

When Wrath of the Lich King came out I was the #3 Priest in the U.S. and #11 in world. Looking forward to playing Pantheon!

• 29 posts
    January 21, 2019 5:29 AM PST
    Getting nr 1 position world wide with our guild regarding most quests completed (average per member) in EQ2 and holding that spot for a long time
    • 124 posts
    January 21, 2019 6:00 AM PST

soloing chelsith as a coercer in EQ2

This post was edited by decarsul at January 21, 2019 6:00 AM PST
    • 313 posts
    January 21, 2019 6:16 AM PST
    Raid leading our 10 man group in cataclysm. Beat all the content. I was usually at the top of the healing meters, or close, which was difficult for shaman to do in 10 man raiding.
    • 259 posts
    January 21, 2019 6:49 AM PST

When my kids started playing MMO's with me. :)

• 1033 posts
    January 21, 2019 6:58 AM PST

I think organizing the single pull of Dane Frostweaver to the zone enterance and setting up a group that cycled all banished people back to the top from the pit during the battle where we took him down in record time in relative ease is one of my favorites. Most are simple achievements of pulling a single pull people said could not be pulled or killing a raid mob with an under geared and under staffed group that other guilds claimed was impossible. 

• 430 posts
    January 21, 2019 7:27 AM PST

My shaman epic in EQ1

• 200 posts
    January 21, 2019 7:44 AM PST

Not sure what my greatest accomplishment was. But I was about 13 or 14 years old playing EQ so traveling as a mid to high teen Dark Elf (KOS many places) from East Commons to South Karana Treants to buy a FBR (Flowing Black Robe) from an older wise gnome necro was pretty memorable. I died a few time, but finally making it was pretty cool! Also, being able to turn into a skelly and getting the DMF spell were significant accomplishments for me! I know I know, nothing too crazy or epic, but these were milestones for me and felt good to accomplish!

• 303 posts
    January 21, 2019 8:10 AM PST

To, at the age of 13, explain to and convince my parents that they should pay EUR12.99 a month for me to play ONE video game.

• 96 posts
    January 21, 2019 8:16 AM PST

When I finally earned my Plane of Disease spells on my Warrior and Necromancers in EQOA after years of farming. I eventually got enough boxes to farm it all myself and got really good at farming PoD which led to me gathering all the PoD spells I needed for my characters. Was one of the most memorable challenges when playing that game and was super fun looking back on it. 

• 239 posts
    January 21, 2019 10:01 AM PST
    Holding a job through EQ1
    Shaman epic in EQ1.
    Defeating my bard buddy in a duel finally! ( had to pay his room mate 100 plat to disconnect his mouse in the middle of the fight ) but a win is a win, am I right?
    • 73 posts
    January 21, 2019 12:57 PM PST

Kilsin said:

What is your greatest accomplishment of all time in an MMORPG? #MMORPG #communitymatters

Easy to answer this question... Getting to know, finally meeting and then marrying my wife!

• 8 posts
    January 21, 2019 1:46 PM PST

Beating my 16yr old son in PVP

• 1033 posts
    January 21, 2019 2:14 PM PST

SoWplz said: Holding a job through EQ1 Shaman epic in EQ1. Defeating my bard buddy in a duel finally! ( had to pay his room mate 100 plat to disconnect his mouse in the middle of the fight ) but a win is a win, am I right?

Well, I admit it was rough at times, but I was working 50-60 hours a week for a while and still eventually was able to get my epic. It took longer than others, but I did it. I really disliked EQ's contested raiding content, but I accepted the fact that while others were earning their digital rewards, I was earning physical ones and in that respect, I was the true winner. *chuckle*

• 9115 posts
    January 21, 2019 9:45 PM PST

Haha, love these accomplishments, keep them coming! :)

• 178 posts
    January 22, 2019 2:17 AM PST

Kilsin said:

What is your greatest accomplishment of all time in an MMORPG? 

Quitting WOW at CATA.

• 999 posts
    January 23, 2019 6:19 PM PST

Breaking into the Plane of Fear in EQ (first guild on our server) and obtaining Lustrous Russet Armor for my warrior - the PoF warrior armor (later Indicolite? sp from PoH) that wasn't warrior only when first released - rolled aganist other plate classes also.  No other raiding experience or really experience at all in a MMORPG was nearly as difficult as that with the real fear of permanently losing my corpse/gear.

• 644 posts
    January 23, 2019 7:37 PM PST

After all those years of very (very) hardcore playing I just can't pick one but some highlights for me were:

Being selected as the first Enchanter Class Correspondent for all of EQ

Getting Time Flagged through open raids

Multi-boxing Morrell's Ascendant (top group target in HoT)

Out DPS-ing my entire raid as a mage

Saving entire raids with my pet as emergency off tank

etc.

• 17 posts
    January 23, 2019 9:02 PM PST
    Running thru Kithicor forest and surviving lol. Time flagged was great. One of the funnest things my guild ever did was the naked gnome runs. 30 or so naked gnomes on a scavenger hunt/race thru several zones was a blast. But by far the best accomplishments were completing epics. I remember the first time I equipped my monk epic, I was in awe. But it wasn't just mine, completing epics for our guild was always so rewarding.
    • 3016 posts
    January 24, 2019 8:46 AM PST

Learning how to kite on my wizard,  helping others with my teleportation spells,  rescuing low level newbies from the plains of Karnor...that had been dumped off there by people who thought that was a hilarious thing to do to newbies,  making friends, going on adventures,  discovering spell drops,  finally killing some of those dark elf npcs that used to kill me at lower levels.  Finding new ways to accomplish things (trial and error) taking one for the team on many occasions...those were all things that kept me playing.  :)

Cana

• 696 posts
    January 24, 2019 9:22 AM PST

Played a MMORPG mod on Minecraft(Dungeon Realms) way back when and was one of the only people that could stand up against a guild known as VK who dominated all PVP areas. At one moment in time with a bunch of janky geared people, and me who was the most geared person on the server, we managed to kill one of the top end notorious pvpers in VK and the whole server, which had like 20-30 thousand people on it blew up and celeberated. The reason this was a big step into fighting back was because if a name was red( which means you killed someone that didn't fight back) then they would drop everything on the ground when they died, and we mangaged to kill him when he was red and took all of his stuff while there were 20 other VK members  trying to defend him.

Anyways, after that I ended up hunting VK members  and killed 4 or 5 others that became red and wiped them and made them think twice about going red for awhile until they DDosed me and stole all my gear. But it was fun while it lasted being the hero for awhile in a pretty much sand box MMORPG mod. 

This post was edited by Watemper at January 24, 2019 9:23 AM PST
    • 696 posts
    January 24, 2019 9:23 AM PST

double post

This post was edited by Watemper at January 24, 2019 9:23 AM PST