• 128 posts
    July 10, 2018 6:23 PM PDT

PVE only (99%)  PVP only in Arenas

• 3 posts
    July 16, 2018 6:47 PM PDT

Free For All PVP all the way

• 75 posts
    July 16, 2018 7:21 PM PDT

I prefer PvE with a mix of PvP in controlled settings, be it a keep raid, battleground or something else similar. Not a group of us are out "exp-ing" and 25 people jump us while we are fighting some mobs.

I don't like pvp thrown in as an afterthought because it is more work for the devs to balance class features and abilities to work against players and mobs since the power difference is usually quite significant.

• 10 posts
    July 18, 2018 2:30 PM PDT

Kilsin I wish you would post a poll so we could all see the results please.

PVE here.

Thx!

• 135 posts
    July 19, 2018 12:27 PM PDT

PVE mainly Rp on rare occasion. With the great lore and race options roleplay will be fun in Pantheon.

I HATE  pvp with a passion i will NEVER PVP!

Pvp  destroys pve skill and class balance. Nothing like logging on every week or two   and realizing your pve skills have changed all because of pvp players are never satisfied with class balance.  Its also hard on pve players knowing that pvp players in most games get 75 percent or more of developers time with all the balancing and testing.

This post was edited by Kiera at July 19, 2018 1:46 PM PDT
    • 768 posts
    July 19, 2018 12:49 PM PDT

PVE and RP.. not a fan of PVP. But I understand if there is a seperate server for those who want to kill each other.

• 14 posts
    July 20, 2018 9:20 AM PDT

PvE fan and RP :)

• 5 posts
    July 20, 2018 9:53 AM PDT

PVP

• 646 posts
    July 21, 2018 10:09 AM PDT

I am primarily a PvE and RP player, but I do dabble in instanced PvP. I dislike open-world PvP.

• 23 posts
    July 25, 2018 12:01 AM PDT
    PvP sucks. RP blows, no one does it right and four mmos in a row I’ve noticed that they become hookup sites for err...people.
    • 153 posts
    July 26, 2018 2:54 PM PDT

I like it all, that being said PvE is by far the most important aspect of the game, and PvP well if im a monk i know not to attack a druid that hasnt been dispelled XD, I am a huge fan of monk beats warrior beats ranger beats bard beats enchanter and down the line type of in depth rock paper scissor balancing. In layman's terms ask the monk to kill the warrior thats beating your ranger ass you go find a proper target for your skillset.

This post was edited by Riqq at July 26, 2018 2:55 PM PDT
    • 49 posts
    July 26, 2018 7:03 PM PDT

KrasnayaSolnza said: PvP sucks. RP blows, no one does it right and four mmos in a row I’ve noticed that they become hookup sites for err...people.

Yeah, I dislike how most of those communities turn into a haven for "ERP". I prefer RP servers because people do tend to stay in character (really just as easy as not talking about work or whatever) and they don't usually have stupid names like xSlayerElf69... but for the most part, it's relatively light on the RP aspects, which hopefully Pantheon will try to encourage more involvement in it.

I didn't even know this game would have PvP servers, too. I feel compelled to play there just for the random acts of inhumanity, but I hardly ever get involved in it... so mostly just punishing myself for no reason. It'll be interesting to see how PvP is handled.

• 3 posts
    July 28, 2018 2:25 PM PDT

Late post, but...  PVE w/ some limited RP here!

• 258 posts
    July 28, 2018 5:56 PM PDT

I loved PvP in DAoC, but just about every other game I've played has fallen short. I likely wouldn't play PvP in Pantheon, but...

If I did play PvP in Pantheon, I'd want the server rules to be:
    - Team PvP (based on race choice, I guess)
    - Three teams in all (for good balance)
    - No corpse runs
    - No XP loss if you've been damaged by another player
    - No cross-team communication (you can't talk to or trade with players from other teams... cuts out a lot of drama and BS)
    - Targeting enemy players only shows their race
    - Server-wide kill spam in chat for all teams ("Dirtnap has been slain by Slayer!")
    - You get points for PvP that can be used at player slots for chances to win moneyz or itemz (or whatever). Points to spend on something.

I'd be very tempted to play on a server like that, but I may just be living in my own little world with these ideals... The PvP community for this game is already very small, so I'm not going to hold my breath. But a man can dream... A man can dream... :p

• 119 posts
    July 29, 2018 1:26 AM PDT
    Sometimes RP, sometimes PvP, rarely just PvE
    • 49 posts
    July 29, 2018 1:52 AM PDT

Kaen said:

I loved PvP in DAoC
    - Three teams in all (for good balance)

Maybe it was different on the retail servers after Atlantis, but this rarely ever seemed to be the case in my experience. There was usually one faction that was always the underdog, and it was usually Hibernia on the servers I played on. The added complexity is neat, but good vs evil is much more simple.

• 30 posts
    July 29, 2018 6:44 AM PDT

I have only ever played PvE and that's where I'll be in Pantheon. I'm not in to RP either. My personal preference is to focus on enjoying the environment and the content it has alongside great people, regardless of class, race, etc. It's great seeing that there will be options available to suit everyone's play style.

• 3 posts
    July 31, 2018 5:48 PM PDT

PvE server only, tho I sometimes enjoy being able to "flag up" for world PvP and doing PvP in preset battlegrounds instances.

-Foam

• 1019 posts
    August 1, 2018 6:18 AM PDT

PvE with some stratigicly significant zones Good vs. Evil PvP.

• 63 posts
    August 1, 2018 8:03 AM PDT

PvE

• 36 posts
    August 1, 2018 8:44 AM PDT

PvE here. When I'm in the mood for PvP I load up Quake, UT, or some other shooter.

• 399 posts
    August 1, 2018 10:01 AM PDT

PVE

• 74 posts
    August 1, 2018 3:03 PM PDT

I made a survey for this..

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T5JNFSD

• 30 posts
    August 1, 2018 11:21 PM PDT
    PVE only