Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

A change of scenery! :)

• 839 posts
    May 7, 2018 9:02 PM PDT

Mentioned a little while ago I was moving to the country and a bunch of you were reccomending how good it was and will be, well its actualy happening!

So, I feel a bit dorky posting it here, but i love this community, was too damn excited not to and with the amount of visits i do here these forums are my second home lol.. and then lastly i thought if i can find a picture of the view from my new home office / gaming room then it is semi relevant to at least my Pantheon experience, and i did!

My wife and I have bought a house on bit of land in the country over here in Australia and are moving up at the end of this month to start a whole new life, leaving Sydney city and everything behind! 

Some pics below from the realestate listing...

1. Is going to be our office and essentially my view while playing Pantheon in the future!

2. Where the house is positioned on the hill of the property (and the barn & machinery shed in view at the bottom)

3. One of the views from the hill (about 270 degrees of views like that from the house) 

4. What its like to wake up there in the morning when the mist is settling :) 

For any Aussies on here its in the Mid North Coast of NSW

Lots of work to be done painting and DEFINITELY new curtains lol :p  Life is going to be very different now, tons of challenges, tons of hard work and lots to learn but ultimately this is our reward every day! Gotta get used to living on tank water now too!

This post was edited by Hokanu at May 8, 2018 2:31 AM PDT
    • 257 posts
    May 8, 2018 3:22 AM PDT

That's one hell of a view.

• 769 posts
    May 8, 2018 11:37 AM PDT

That's friggin' awesome, Hokanu. Grats on the impending move! 

I lived for many years out in this shack an hour away from any cities, working as a ranch hand in Texas. This was years ago, and the satellite internet provider available to me was horrible, so there wasn't any MMO-ing going on, but the memories I have of my time out there are some of the best. There's something strange about living out in the country that makes you feel like you accomplish more by doing the smallest of things. Almost like things have more meaning out there. 

Very excited for you. 

• 98 posts
    May 8, 2018 1:40 PM PDT

Really amazing views.  Congratulations!

• 3016 posts
    May 8, 2018 4:47 PM PDT

Ah wonderful...love those views!! :)

• 839 posts
    May 8, 2018 6:03 PM PDT

Retsof said:

That's one hell of a view.

Nihimon said:

Really amazing views.  Congratulations!

CanadinaXegony said:

Ah wonderful...love those views!! :)

Cheers guys! The pictures just don't even do the views justice, its just stupidly amazing! So if we're grouping on Pantheon and Hokanu seems to not be paying attention... you will know where i have drifted off to :p

I cant wait to get out there with my camera and do some panoramic shots!  

Tralyan said:

That's friggin' awesome, Hokanu. Grats on the impending move! 

I lived for many years out in this shack an hour away from any cities, working as a ranch hand in Texas. This was years ago, and the satellite internet provider available to me was horrible, so there wasn't any MMO-ing going on, but the memories I have of my time out there are some of the best. There's something strange about living out in the country that makes you feel like you accomplish more by doing the smallest of things. Almost like things have more meaning out there. 

Very excited for you. 

Sounds like a pretty incredible experience Tray! Thats really interesting what you mentioned about the little things being meaningful accomplishments because it is somthing very similar that my wife and I talk about all the time and that we are so looking forward to and thats a really great way to describe it!  I'm going to send her what you said :)  Our life in Sydney is so rushed and almost feels out of our control. We are looking forward to being close to the land and nature and blending our lives in with it, but also being closer to the mercy of it too.  

I dont know if any of you have heard of it before but we are falling head over heels into the concept of Permaculture, we enjoy Taoism as a philosophy and permaculture is kind of like the manifestation of Taoism blended within growing food sustainability.  Of course it was never meant to draw that correlation, but the 2 are so intrinsically connected!

• 3016 posts
    May 10, 2018 9:17 AM PDT

Makes me homesick for my little rancher out in the boonies,  raccoons, deer, black bear, quail, hummingbirds.    All on my once upon a time property.