Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

HEALTH BARS - unlock, enlarge, move?

• 213 posts
    April 27, 2017 1:02 PM PDT

I was just wondering if you guys at VR might consider a few things related to the health bar before launch.  One of them being allowing us to change the size of it, particularly to enlarge it.  As a healer I really like those bars big and front and center.  I really enjoy seeing health numbers in those bars as well because the size and length of those bars isn't always indicative of how much health someone really has remaining.  I would like to unlock and move that group health bar and put it where I need it.  I know that there will be people attempting to make custom UI's at some point but I would really hate to wait that long to be able to move and enlarge that health bar.  I just wanted to bring this up as soon as possible in case you guys haven't already considered this but also for people out there who might be slightly vision empaired who want to play as well.  

• 780 posts
    April 27, 2017 1:25 PM PDT

Pretty sure the plan is to make it so the stock UI is extremely flexible and customizable.

• 213 posts
    April 27, 2017 2:05 PM PDT

Awesome, I looked for that information today in the stream but I didn't hear anything about it.  Where did you hear about that?  That makes me really happy!

• 411 posts
    April 27, 2017 2:14 PM PDT

I also remember having read that the UI will be customizable, but that more deep modifications and addons won't be supported. That information is buried here somewhere in the forums I believe, but only Kilsin and Bazgrim seem to have the master forum key.

• 780 posts
    April 27, 2017 2:16 PM PDT

I don't know if I'll be able to find you a link or anything, but they're trying to give people all the customization they might want in a UI without needing mods.  Not sure if it's in other threads, streams, or old Roundtable Discussions (or all of those), but I'm quite sure you'll be able to have the health bars you want and have them in the space you want them to occupy.

• 93 posts
    April 27, 2017 2:33 PM PDT

Flexibility in what Ui elements I can see, where I see them, and in some cases what level of detail they do or don't show is very important to me.  I'm excited that VR is planning to make UI customization robust.  

• 249 posts
    April 27, 2017 2:39 PM PDT

Ui mods were in the stream. They support them as long as you don't gain a competitive advantage

• 780 posts
    April 27, 2017 3:05 PM PDT

Sure, but they don't want you to feel like you need to install mods in order to have a UI that works for you.

• 2886 posts
    April 28, 2017 8:12 AM PDT

You've got nothing to worry about, Gamerchick :)

From the FAQ:

10.6 Will we be able to customize our own UI in-game without add-ons?

Yes, the UI will be customizable and skinnable. We will likely avoid, however, true scripting languages that might allow a player to create macros that automate gameplay.

Here's a link to the part of the stream where they talked about mods and add-ons: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138465335?t=39m07s

And here are some threads discussing UI customization:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3961/user-interface-how-important-is-it-to-tweak-your-ui

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4072/ui-map-customization

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5218/user-interface-restrictions

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 28, 2017 8:12 AM PDT
    • 1714 posts
    April 28, 2017 8:20 AM PDT

Gamerchick said:

I was just wondering if you guys at VR might consider a few things related to the health bar before launch.  One of them being allowing us to change the size of it, particularly to enlarge it.  As a healer I really like those bars big and front and center.  I really enjoy seeing health numbers in those bars as well because the size and length of those bars isn't always indicative of how much health someone really has remaining.  I would like to unlock and move that group health bar and put it where I need it.  I know that there will be people attempting to make custom UI's at some point but I would really hate to wait that long to be able to move and enlarge that health bar.  I just wanted to bring this up as soon as possible in case you guys haven't already considered this but also for people out there who might be slightly vision empaired who want to play as well.  

Nice UI customization is pretty much a must.