Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Congrats on the funding round VR

This topic has been closed.
    • 40 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:18 AM PDT

Glad to see there's investing going on behind the scenes that isn't crowd sourced.  I know being able to grow those teams will be key for you guys getting the game finished in a timely manner.

• 441 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:20 AM PDT

Yes very exciting news =-) So the question on everyones mind... will this mean the games release date could be sooner with more staff being added? 

• 40 posts
    • 2886 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:30 AM PDT

Good news indeed.

The official announcment thread: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5934/series-a-funding-for-pantheon-is-now-complete/view/post_id/107811

Nanfoodle said:

Yes very exciting news =-) So the question on everyones mind... will this mean the games release date could be sooner with more staff being added? 

Unfortunately, that's very unlikely. This sort of thing is probably built into the roadmap. So instead of an actual boost, I think it's more like a green light to move forward with their plan without any major problems. Which is of course still pretty relieving. But I'm sure they already took room for growth into account.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 26, 2017 9:40 AM PDT
    • 1921 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:38 AM PDT

From the release:

"

Series A funding allows the company to expand the team in almost every department and bring the game into a semi-private pre-alpha state where external testers and focus groups can begin sampling the game.

" (bolding mine)

So, that's great to hear.   However, the last statement offers some potentially conflicting information:

"

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is scheduled to enter into public testing later this year.

" (again, bolding mine)

If public testing isn't semi-private testing, this would seem to indicate a significant change in scheduling, when compared to other commentary earlier this year on pre-alpha, alpha, and beta timelines.

If public testing is semi-private testing, then.. why the different wording? hrm. :|

• 13 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:39 AM PDT

Congrats!!

• 422 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:54 AM PDT

vjek said:

From the release:

"

Series A funding allows the company to expand the team in almost every department and bring the game into a semi-private pre-alpha state where external testers and focus groups can begin sampling the game.

" (bolding mine)

So, that's great to hear.   However, the last statement offers some potentially conflicting information:

"

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is scheduled to enter into public testing later this year.

" (again, bolding mine)

If public testing isn't semi-private testing, this would seem to indicate a significant change in scheduling, when compared to other commentary earlier this year on pre-alpha, alpha, and beta timelines.

If public testing is semi-private testing, then.. why the different wording? hrm. :|

I don't get the issue here, Semi-Private pre-Alpha is the pre-alpha for the people who pledged that teir. "public testing" will be all phases of testing that include anyone who doesn't work for VR. That includes pre-alpha, alpha, closed beta, and open beta (assuming they do an open beta which most do for stress testing). I don't know what info you are talking about that was discussed earlier this year, but VR never said when pre-alpha or any other phase of testing would begin other than to say "later this year", which matches exactly what was said in the press release.

I don't see how anything they said could be taken as a shift in scheduling. If anything the full funding being reached could mean the timeline might shorten as they get more resources and get those areas Kilsin was speaking of in the announcement post caught up. I see nothing but good news here.

• 81 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:08 AM PDT

Woohoo!  Congrats VR! 

• 319 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:26 AM PDT

To me public testing seems to say everyone in the world will be invited. I did not think VR was having a public testing phase.

Semi private means the resters will be invited, from the backers who have signed up for the different phases by making the different pledges.

And CONGRATS VR ON THE NEW FUNDING

• 1921 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:49 AM PDT

Isaya said: ... To me public testing seems to say everyone in the world will be invited. I did not think VR was having a public testing phase.

Hence my concern.

• 2886 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:51 AM PDT

Isaya said:

I did not think VR was having a public testing phase.

There will almost definitely be an open (public) beta after closed beta, shortly before release to stress test the servers and get a better idea of how many people are interested in the game. But I personally doubt that will be later this year. Last we know testing would last about a year, which means it will probably be sometime in 2018.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 26, 2017 10:51 AM PDT
    • 208 posts
    April 26, 2017 11:11 AM PDT

Happy dance!

• 27 posts
    April 26, 2017 11:42 AM PDT

This news drew me to make a bigger pledge. Looking forward to all the progress and more importantly looking forward to the Alpha!

• 483 posts
    April 26, 2017 12:30 PM PDT

ALPHA! ALPHA! ALPHA!

It's getting closer :)

• 1714 posts
    April 26, 2017 8:05 PM PDT

Nanfoodle said:

I'm sure this funding was included in the current timeline estimates. 

• 363 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:44 PM PDT

Congratulations VR! Well deserved.

• 1468 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:24 PM PDT

Great news!

• 37 posts
    April 27, 2017 12:50 AM PDT

Congratulations, Good to see all kinds of progress :)

• 9115 posts
    April 27, 2017 3:32 AM PDT

Thank you, folks! Please find the official announcement here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5934/series-a-funding-for-pantheon-is-now-complete

As
    it was an official statement posted in the announcement section, I will need to close this to consolidate replies and information, thank you again for the well wishes, this is an exciting time for us as a company and we now look forward! :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at April 27, 2017 3:35 AM PDT