Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Biggest Game Session?

• 2138 posts
    April 10, 2017 3:11 PM PDT

abt 15-16 hrs? at one sitting. I did not call in from work to play, but If I had to call in work, it was a joy to be able to play extra.

• 189 posts
    April 10, 2017 5:04 PM PDT
    Longest play session was about 23hours straight for a fear wipe and recovery in Everquest.

I used to plan my vacation days around patch days and expansion releases.. Oh the days..
    • 1468 posts
    April 11, 2017 3:00 AM PDT

Ooops misread the thread title.

I think the longest I have ever played is about 12 - 14 hours in one go. I tend to get too tired after that and that makes it hard for me to concentrate. I could never do a 24 hour plus session. I have no idea how people cope with that.

This post was edited by Cromulent at April 11, 2017 3:01 AM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    April 11, 2017 11:00 AM PDT

I don't skip launch day if I can help it,  but I do try to get the heck out of Dodge ..in the newbie starter areas..soon as I can.   I usually don't group til after about level 5,  as coin is scarce and I am usually trying to buy better spells, and get the hang of my class.   Grouping at that stage just interferes with what I am trying to do.   So no joined at the hip at level one for me..babysitting others..til at least level 6 hehe.  I like to explore,  if there is a cutscene I like to see the whole thing..and if grouped,  most people don't have the patience to read or whatever,  they like to hit escape or get out of it somehow.   I'm in it for the journey ..not the race to level cap.    Time to smell the roses, is where I am at.  :)    Longest session I think was an 8 hour corpse retrieval in Fear,  people kept coming in the front entrance and retraining us (by accident because they didn't know we were there)  I had to go to work the next morning rather bleary eyed (worked for medical insurance at that time..not a good place to be tired.)  :D  Thank goodness for classes that could drag corpses and clerics that camped to be able to rez us all.   :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at April 11, 2017 11:10 AM PDT
    • 74 posts
    May 2, 2017 10:57 PM PDT

I broke my leg playing tackle football and stayed home playing Baldur's Gate for weeks on end. At the end of it I was wearing sunglasses indoors the entire time. Cabin fever is fun, but only when there's Baldur's Gate.

• 470 posts
    May 9, 2017 6:37 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is the most amount of time you have spent playing a game in one session from its official launch and did you take time off work for it?

More time than I care to admit. I know that in EQ my old guild and I spent many a nights camping epics and other specific items. I have pulled a near 48 hour session once (camps and breaks, lots of caffein). Grant it, I was much younger. Not sure I could do that again at this stage of my life. lol

This post was edited by Kratuk at May 9, 2017 6:38 AM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    May 9, 2017 8:42 AM PDT

Does spleeping 15 minutes between spawns count? Probably 40 hours or so for Raster in Guk. I had him pop much sooner but someone KSed me. So I actually got him twice in that time frame.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at May 9, 2017 8:43 AM PDT
    • 110 posts
    May 9, 2017 9:31 AM PDT

I remember installing Everquest after getting home from work at 5pm, and the next thing I knew it was 5am and time for work again.  In terms of how long my sessions can be these days that is a bit different.  The longest sessions these days are only a few hours since most MMO's fall short anymore.  However with the hype I have seen with Pantheon I am feeling a 5pm to 5am day in my future.

• 172 posts
    May 9, 2017 6:03 PM PDT

I must be a casual player.  Although I remember playing nearly every day for months at a time, I never played for more than 12 hours straight.  A long run for me was 10 hours.  I need to get up and move around a bit once in a while.

I have set aside vacation time for PRotF as well, but my wife is insisting on us going to France this summer, so I will be limited to just one week.  Boooo!  Unless...  it releases next year, in which case I will have more time.

• 249 posts
    May 9, 2017 6:39 PM PDT
    Over winter break in college my cousin and I went a week straight playing eq1. It was like that WoW South Park episode. We got his rogue and shammy to 60, got both of their epics and got my ranger to 54 and 90% of my epic done. The only breaks we took were for sleep and beer runs. Ohhh the good ol days
    • 142 posts
    May 9, 2017 10:04 PM PDT

I was lucky enough to get 4 weeks off work the day before FF14 havensward released. I'd play from 8am till around 5pm then spend rest of the night with the family. Was an awesome month. I've seen many early access game releases, but I usually make it about 24 hrs then I crash.

This post was edited by Calmrain at May 9, 2017 10:08 PM PDT
    • 2752 posts
    May 9, 2017 10:06 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

I've never gone overboard on launch day. Usually the server crashes, lag, and overpopulation rain on the parade. But Pantheon will be an exception for me. I plan on taking two weeks off from work (will take more if I can) and my preparations resemble something like an apocalyptic contingency plan, complete with meal replacement drinks lol.

Need a healer Bazgrim? ;)

• 160 posts
    May 9, 2017 10:10 PM PDT

I took 3 days off for the launch of Diablo 3......need I say more?

It was funny, because the IT guy at my firm came over to me the instant he saw I had taken the day off and exchanged a few smirks that said "I know exactly what you're doing"....

Hilarious fail.

• 1584 posts
    May 9, 2017 10:42 PM PDT

When playing EQ spent like 40 hours simply grinding through levels and grabbing pieces gear here and there since back than a lot of it was unknown, plus i was like 15 so i was one a lil bit immature in the gaming enviroment and it was also my first MMO i ever played so the learning curve was a lot to learn at the time, but i had a blast couldnt tell you what level i got to but back than i wouldn't be surprised if i only walked away with 5 levels back than, like i said i was new in all kinds of ways so my leveling was terrible slow back than.

• 2886 posts
    May 10, 2017 8:04 AM PDT

Iksar said:

Bazgrim said:

I've never gone overboard on launch day. Usually the server crashes, lag, and overpopulation rain on the parade. But Pantheon will be an exception for me. I plan on taking two weeks off from work (will take more if I can) and my preparations resemble something like an apocalyptic contingency plan, complete with meal replacement drinks lol.

Need a healer Bazgrim? ;)

Lol I'm a Cleric, man. By healer, do you mean Druid or Shaman? :P

• 2752 posts
    May 10, 2017 9:14 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Lol I'm a Cleric, man. By healer, do you mean Druid or Shaman? :P

Druid haha.