Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Simple initial user interface

This topic has been closed.
    • 483 posts
    March 15, 2017 1:17 PM PDT

Just a quick post about the initial UI when you first login.

It should be simple and clean. WoW’s original interface is a great example, it has a transparent chat box, simple good looking unity frames, non-obstructive action bars and a clear option menu.

All these options can be changed, but having an intuitive and aesthetically pleasing UI that doesn’t overwhelm the players the first time they log in is really important.

My suggestion on current things to improve upon are:

Chat box – only 1 chat box with 2 tabs (main chat and combat), make the chat transparent.

Action bars – They look good, some artwork on the borders would be nice.

Buff bar - Make it transparent.

Status frame – Don’t like very much right now, maybe they’ll have a major rework in the future. Make it occupy less space, maybe give it a different shape.

Overall the current UI, in terms of information and the components it needs is perfect, I would just like to see it made a bit cleaner, that way you can see more of the game world.

• 27 posts
    March 15, 2017 1:21 PM PDT

I don't want to hijack this thread but have they mentioned much about third party addons?

I know they want to send as little information to the client to avoid the abuse that programs like MQ can provide. Sorry if this has been answered already. 

• 483 posts
    March 15, 2017 1:24 PM PDT

@Destron

They've said they don't want any type of addons, however they'll allow UI skins.

This post was edited by jpedrote at March 15, 2017 1:25 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    March 15, 2017 4:48 PM PDT

You already have a thread about User Interface which this thread could easily integrate, so I will go ahead and close this one to save spreading information out and dup[licating topics, please feel free to continue discussing the UI in your original thread or the many others found by searching for "User Interface".

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5218/user-interface-restrictions