Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

It may be a different way of life...

• 9115 posts
    March 9, 2017 4:03 AM PST

From Thronefast to Wild's End, the way of life for these cultures sure is different but beautiful nonetheless. #PRF

Image may contain: mountain, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: mountain, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 9, 2017 4:05 AM PST
    • 624 posts
    March 9, 2017 4:10 AM PST

Once again teasing with eye candy, Kilsin (The Candyman?  yet another monicker).  Thronefast always makes me smile, but I didn't realize it had water scenes as well.  Glorious.

• 441 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:08 AM PST

Stunning =-) 

• 9115 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:14 AM PST

Kumu said:

Once again teasing with eye candy, Kilsin (The Candyman?  yet another monicker).  Thronefast always makes me smile, but I didn't realize it had water scenes as well.  Glorious.

Haha, add it to the list my friend, I need to hound the devs to get a few of these for my characters :D

Yes, it has a few water areas and lakes and some of the views are breathtaking!

• 9115 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:15 AM PST

Nanfoodle said:

Stunning =-) 

I agree! In-game looks even better, these screenshots, no matter how good, cannot fully showcase the beauty that is Pantheon! :)

• 2886 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:34 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Kumu said:

Haha, add it to the list my friend, I need to hound the devs to get a few of these for my characters :D

Yes, it has a few water areas and lakes and some of the views are breathtaking!

Lol I can see it now... "Dreamcrusher Kilsin the Candyman"

Nice screens :)

• 626 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:36 AM PST

Oh man! So good, thank you sir! 

• 110 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:37 AM PST

That. Last. Picture! I'm claiming that cabin for me and Kalibos!!! I would love to live in that beautiful cabin, till the good soil, and enjoy nature and beautiful architecture in the background.

• 17 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:38 AM PST

Great water rendering there :)

By the way, what do we know about swiming? Will it be possible? Will there be underwater content?

• 2886 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:48 AM PST

Kaeril said:

Great water rendering there :)

By the way, what do we know about swiming? Will it be possible? Will there be underwater content?

From the FAQ: "Yes. In fact, one of our playable races, the Dark Myr, is an underwater race. It is important to note here, however, that while the idea of exploring underwater areas and discovering ‘Atlantean’ ruins is a compelling one, many implementations of underwater content and gameplay in other MMOs has left some gamers with a negative impression. We are confident that we can provide compelling and fun underwater zones as well as an interface and ability to move underwater that is not frustrating. Additionally, our goal of having underwater zones is not only to provide a different feel and atmosphere, but also to create areas where different tactics can come into play. Underwater exploration and combat is more of a 3D experience, since you can be attacked from any direction, including above you and below you. Some good examples of this are the Battle Room from the book and movie Ender’s Game and the combat in the nebula between Kirk and Khan in the original Star Trek 2 movie, where Kirk outsmarts Khan by attacking from above using his familiarity with 3D space to his advantage."

• 780 posts
    March 9, 2017 7:25 AM PST

Pretty great shots.  I'd love to see that last one at sunrise/sunset.

• 17 posts
    March 9, 2017 8:53 AM PST

Thanks Bazgrim, looks like I need to read the FAQ again for fresh news :)

• 243 posts
    March 9, 2017 8:54 AM PST

Thanks for the shots Kilsin, they look great :)

This post was edited by Rominian at March 9, 2017 8:55 AM PST
    • 191 posts
    March 9, 2017 11:35 AM PST

Kilsin, in each of those shots the horizon is a mountain.  Is that unique to those particular locations, or should we expect all zone boundaries to be terrain?

• 483 posts
    March 9, 2017 12:05 PM PST

Wild's end is looking so unbelievably good, Thronefast still needs some work, but the colour scheme and the draw distance are amazing, and the castle looks so HUGE, really impressed :)

• 724 posts
    March 9, 2017 12:22 PM PST

Very nice screenshots indeed! On the last picture, is that an aqua farm? If humans build such farms, I'm really looking forward to see the water structures built by the Dark Myr! :)

• 294 posts
    March 9, 2017 4:40 PM PST

Very nice. Thanks Kilsin.

• 839 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:08 PM PST

Shai said:

Kilsin, in each of those shots the horizon is a mountain.  Is that unique to those particular locations, or should we expect all zone boundaries to be terrain?

Good question!

Awesome shots again Kils, seeing these and not being able to log in is starting to hurt though... 

• 157 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:54 PM PST

I like how the colors of Wild's End kind of matches the Halfling female we see on the main page for Races.

The reds & blues. Seems logical for them to camoflauge in with their habitat being one of the smaller races in a world with griffons.

• 2138 posts
    March 9, 2017 6:28 PM PST

I bet tthere's some nice fish lurking under those flying buttresses in the first picture,

That image sort of looks like a shrine in the second- what gods be these?!

I wonder how the rice farmer is getting along in the third picture. Maybe he/she has rice for sale- if that is rice- or maybe he/she needs something? 

This post was edited by Manouk at March 9, 2017 6:29 PM PST
    • 187 posts
    March 9, 2017 8:04 PM PST

Now, that's what I'm talking about! Getting to see a bit more unearthly things! I wouldn't expect to be able to climb the next rise and see THAT! :)

Spectacular! Keep up the great work, you guys deserve all the praise you've gotten and more.

• 39 posts
    March 9, 2017 9:01 PM PST

That looks amazing.  The choice for building a new rig so i can get evey last shadow, lighting scheme, water reflection.  OH man i am going to spend alot of money getting ready for this :) 

• 61 posts
    March 9, 2017 9:34 PM PST

It looks great but after spending 3 hours last night watching the latest twitch, i am left with a thought and this screenshot kinda confirms it.

Why are there no doors on buildings???

I mean you can see doors but in the latest twitch video, they go to the town to show the "quest" system but i swear every building there didnt have doors! Id' like to think it is just an happenstance. right?

yet these recent screenshot seems to point toward this.

Anyone can (please) prove me wrong?

• 9115 posts
    March 9, 2017 10:01 PM PST

Shai said:

If it suits the zone it is used but not for all zones :)

• 9115 posts
    March 9, 2017 10:02 PM PST

Senadin said:

It looks great but after spending 3 hours last night watching the latest twitch, i am left with a thought and this screenshot kinda confirms it.

Why are there no doors on buildings???

I mean you can see doors but in the latest twitch video, they go to the town to show the "quest" system but i swear every building there didnt have doors! Id' like to think it is just an happenstance. right?

yet these recent screenshot seems to point toward this.

Anyone can (please) prove me wrong?

Apart from it being in pre-pre-alpha and still a WIP we have doors on many things, we even have some that require keys to open for boss content, quests etc. so you have nothing to worry about and the latest stream should have shown you that we have doors ;)