Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Quest item(s)

• 11 posts
    December 12, 2016 1:11 PM PST

I have a question. I was just watching the latest 3hrs gameplay on Youtube.  The party was advancing a quest started by talking to Anne Luca.  It was later on commented that if no one talked to NPC Anne Luca which led to a conversation with NPC Armond Toryn inside the cave in which he gave the quester a key which unlocks a new area normally not accessable without that key.

Here's my question. Do I always need to have that key on me at all times to enter that new area? Or will that key be stored away in an "universal keyring" which I don't have to carry on me if I later on decided to want to go back into that cave? Or will there an implementation to the game that will mark the player to access area(s) forever which is part of a quest line once they have already started or have finished? For example, if i decided to discard that key will I ever get to access that new area again in the future?

• 1618 posts
    December 12, 2016 3:07 PM PST

Hopefully access-related items will simply "flag" your toon, instead of making you always carry them.

• 9115 posts
    December 12, 2016 5:27 PM PST

We haven't fully decided on the mechanic for that yet, we just wanted to show off the perception system in its early form for the stream and show what it could be used for and how good it could be for delivering a range of things, quests being one of them. This is something that we will take feedback on during testing, if the key or quest items are too cumbersome we will flag the character or figure out another way that is more enjoyable :) 

• 542 posts
    April 7, 2017 11:19 AM PDT

I like the idea of items related to progression
    Example;you need to find a mouthpiece and a horn,combine the items
    in order to summon the dragon that will take you to the flying city(the dragon can be in other zone,so after you combined the mouthpiece and the horn ,you don't immediately know its purpose)
    Next to that the horn could also be used to summon the boatman (so items would have multiple purposes)

and sometimes you wouldn't know which item to use in order to advance.It would make for an interesting puzzle
    Items could also play an important role to make players compelled by what they see in front of them.
    Some content might only be available to certain classes.Only a druid can find the item that allows him/her to the grove with the white stag,for example.

This post was edited by Fluffy at April 7, 2017 11:20 AM PDT
    • 441 posts
    April 7, 2017 12:10 PM PDT

I as well want a keyring and a tab on my bags for quest items. I hate having to skip gaming to orgnize bags. The less you have to do that the better. 

• 2886 posts
    April 7, 2017 7:54 PM PDT
    • 154 posts
    April 7, 2017 8:32 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

See the discussion at https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3966/keys-and-bags

Thanks for the Link Bazgrim. Whew I really appreciate it. It's hard sometimes searching to see if a prior thread covered a topic.

• 154 posts
    April 7, 2017 8:40 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

We haven't fully decided on the mechanic for that yet, we just wanted to show off the perception system in its early form for the stream and show what it could be used for and how good it could be for delivering a range of things, quests being one of them. This is something that we will take feedback on during testing, if the key or quest items are too cumbersome we will flag the character or figure out another way that is more enjoyable :) 

I appreciate what you said. I'm glad to know VR is open to considering overall playabiltiy as well. While I want challenging I would also like to avoid having the game so nit picky that it takes the fun out of it. Imo these games are an escape from that weird/bizzaro RL Realm lol. I'd hate to feel like playing the game the equivalent to an RL job lol; gah gag me with a spoon save me from that lol 

• 319 posts
    April 8, 2017 7:55 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Maybe a keyring that would be wearable on the character in a slot that does not drop in death. All keys go in there and no chance of loseing them in death because your keyring is in that dungeon you now do not have the key to. I remember a charm slot in EQ that my druid never got a charm for, so it went unused.

• 16 posts
    May 13, 2017 2:11 AM PDT

I think Isaya's idea for a permabound 'keyring' is pretty cool. Then once one would have enough keys it'd grant some kind of a title like "the Janitor" "Keymaster" or whatnot :D.

This post was edited by Wolftar at May 13, 2017 2:11 AM PDT
    • 1019 posts
    May 13, 2017 6:44 AM PDT

Wolftar said:

I think Isaya's idea for a permabound 'keyring' is pretty cool. Then once one would have enough keys it'd grant some kind of a title like "the Janitor" "Keymaster" or whatnot :D.

Haha, I like the title "the Janitor"