Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Simplifying subcriptions

• 366 posts
    January 30, 2015 11:36 AM PST
    CanadinaXegony said:
    Zarriya said:

ooo your thread got a sticky Wandidar! So I am figuring it is because the devs would like to see feedback here.

Yes, the pledge levels do need to be simplified.

Previously, there were a lot of choices. Too many?  I am not sure; it was nice to have the freedom to choose my package. But the sheer number of choices were confusing to look at on this site.  If you want to keep the packages that is okay, however there needs to be better organization, consistency and support. When one is trying to sell a product first impressions are important.

-The pledges need to be lined up in order: from lowest dollar amount to the highest.

-A good description needs to accompany each one.

-The ability to purchase with a credit card would also help.  I have bought a lot of games in the past. For this game I had to open up a PayPal account;  one could argue if they want the game that bad they will do it.  My only concern is that this game may have an older playerbase that is not as comfortable using PayPal.

-A chart was very helpful.

-Terms such as Alpha 1 & 2 have been used: Access to each phase of testing should be clear.

-Confirmation to players who have already pledged should be confirmed.

If you look in the Wiki all the pledge levels are defined there.     Where I am confused is according to my pledge I should be allowed in at "pre-alpha"   currently no mention is ever made of "pre-alpha" only alpha or beta. 

Perhaps this needs clearing up.      And just wanted to state that aside from the store and all its confusing little pledges and so on,  the wiki really clears up and defines what you get for each larger pledge made.      I hope they use that as a guideline and don't change what was promised.       I think I would be distinctly unhappy if that happened,  given the large changes that have already occurred around here.   

**edit   this is currently what is promised me for what I have given thus far:

• Unlimited VIP Access
    • Alpha access
    • Beta access
    • Early name reservation
    • 2 Digital copies of the game
    • Game Title: Pantheon Explorer
    • Game Item: Fun Illusion
    • Additional character slot
    • Game Item: Explorer's Backpack
    • Game Item: Tunic of the Planes
    • Game Item: Astral Guide Vanity Pet
    • Physical Item: Celestius Cloth Map
    • Game Item: Ring of the Fallen
    • Physical Item: Postcard From Team
    • Name appears in game credits
    • Name an in game item
    • Unlimited Subscription
    • Design an item**
    • In-Game Plaque with character's name***
    • Name and NPC***
    • Invite to developer's guild
    • Name a point of interest in game***
    • Pre-Alpha Tester Access*
    • Tester credit in game credits
    • Tester forum tag
    • In game nameplate icon
    • Design a questline or boss***
    * The expectations for those who pledge this tier are simple. Be ready and able to help us with any type of game testing and be willing to spend time submitting detailed bug reports.All of those who participate in this pledge must sign a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA) and cannot work for any other game company. If at anytime we feel it is justified your access can be removed by the development team.

**Design everything about the item from looks, to name, to story. All designs are subject to the dev team's approval.

***All designs/names are subject to the dev team's approval.

I would hate to think that this would be watered down, or given away to a lower pledge level..or something similar.    Hopefully any changes you do make,  will make sense...be reasonable,  and not be off putting to those that have already contributed.

Cana

Yes your pledge level is there, however mine is not.  I have the Kickstarter journeyman's  pledge which was transferred over to here.  Where yours says Pre -Alpha test access there was no such wording from kickstarter  - instead mine says "very early access to the game as a tester. " which should mean the same thing because the lower tiers say alpha access at the time.  When the kickstarter was posted that was the earliest way you could get into testing. If I do not get pre-alpha testing my friends and I will be upset because that is what we pledged for.

So what is going on now  is there are pledges on the wiki that are clear and posted.  Then there are pledges such as mine and my friends (who have different pledges) that are not listed.  The pledges on the wiki have a bit different terminology than the pledges from the kickstarter. Also for two of us our contributions do not match what we actually contributed.  I had tried to contact a green back at the time but the issue went responded (I understand there was a lot of transition back then).  Because our pledges are not listed it has made us a bit uneasy.

This post was edited by Zarriya at January 31, 2015 12:14 PM PST
    • 378 posts
    January 30, 2015 1:21 PM PST

Don't think we should change prices for Alpha and Beta access but just add some lower price donations, that way if you throw a few low amount donations in and build up to the correct amount then you get access to either Alpha or Beta.

Currently Access is set at

$60.00 gets you beta

$75.00 gets you Alpha

I don't think we need to change that just allow people to donate smaller amounts to build up to it. 

I think this is still a good set up 

This post was edited by Zandil at January 31, 2015 12:15 PM PST
    • 671 posts
    January 30, 2015 11:48 PM PST
    Raidan said:
    Zarriya said:

I feel marketing needs to be direct and honest.  No gimmicks, no buy now or limited offers,  etc.

The model I am proposing would be open and honest, it is merely rewarding those who have supported Pantheon the earliest (when it was vaporware), now, when development and release is still in doubt, and not as much when it is gaurunteed to launch.  If anything, I would argue it is more fair, and a better business model.

Pretty much any limited quantity/time item does this.  For example, look at any 5k/10k/half marathon/marathon race.  It is always "much" cheaper months in advance prior to race day. Or plane tickets, etc.

I understand what you are saying, but I do believe it is just splitting hairs at the moment. Pantheon is currently in pre-alpha state & 2~4 year out from release.

VRI (Visionary Realms, Incorporated) already differentiates KickStarter & Patron funded pledges. One's lineage within Pantheon is ever in jeopardy and things like name claim will most likely be part of certain tiers, etc. The sky is the limit on that & I am sure each tier will get many more things, than advertised...  That is why VRI was so vague to begin with. Just look at the pledge levels for Shroud. Pantheon might have housing and crafting in, upon release. I am sure IF.. then Pledge tiers will have things such as housing incorporated into Patron levels, etc.

But again, we are jumping the gun by weeks I fear. They dropped the Keeper's Vault on us, which is outstanding & they already announced they are moving the site assets elsewhere and seeking new forums & website. I think when they move into Alpha, & sitting on a new website is when Pantheon will start to viral...    so again, when Pantheon moves into alpha is when We will probably see things come square. 

Coincidentally, I think they can offer a few good future promises of "when certain milestone are met", into some of these Patron levels. House plots..? Boat Faction, (etc)

But if tumble and mix EQ & Vanguard 2 in your head, you can see the potential for VRI has to open up & outward Pledge levels, making certain tiers more enticing/better value, etc. 

I can't wait to see, what the new Pantheon's Pledge Book is going to look like. I for one, plan showing more support if the transparency & competency is maintained... The sky is the limit. But i do believe that they should respect those who took the biggest risks, & not loose focus on that seeking newer pledges. I hope they can reflect that is some way.

Then obviously...  I highly doubt they will be keeping the oddball pledge names either.

Seeker?

Fallen?

Explorer?

Risen?

Warder?

Knight?

Cartographer?

Patron? (Citizen?)

ETC...

This post was edited by Hieromonk at January 31, 2015 12:16 PM PST
    • 308 posts
    January 31, 2015 12:17 AM PST
    Hieromonk said:
    Raidan said:
    Zarriya said:

I understand what you are saying, but I do believe it is just splitting hairs at the moment. Pantheon is currently in pre-alpha state & 2~4 year out from release.

VRI (Visionary Realms, Incorporated) already differentiates KickStarter & Patron funded pledges. One's lineage within Pantheon is ever in jeopardy and things like name claim will most likely be part of certain tiers, etc. The sky is the limit on that & I am sure each tier will get many more things, than advertised...  That is why VRI was so vague to begin with. Just look at the pledge levels for Shroud. Pantheon might have housing and crafting in, upon release. I am sure IF.. then Pledge tiers will have things such as housing incorporated into Patron levels, etc.

But again, we are jumping the gun by weeks I fear. They dropped the Keeper's Vault on us, which is outstanding & they already announced they are moving the site assets elsewhere and seeking new forums & website. I think when they move into Alpha, & sitting on a new website is when Pantheon will start to viral...    so again, when Pantheon moves into alpha is when We will probably see things come square. 

Coincidentally, I think they can offer a few good future promises of "when certain milestone are met", into some of these Patron levels. House plots..? Boat Faction, (etc)

But if tumble and mix EQ & Vanguard 2 in your head, you can see the potential for VRI has to open up & outward Pledge levels, making certain tiers more enticing/better value, etc. 

I can't wait to see, what the new Pantheon's Pledge Book is going to look like. I for one, plan showing more support if the transparency & competency is maintained... The sky is the limit. But i do believe that they should respect those who took the biggest risks, & not loose focus on that seeking newer pledges. I hope they can reflect that is some way.

Then obviously...  I highly doubt they will be keeping the oddball pledge names either.

Seeker?

Fallen?

Explorer?

Risen?

Warder?

Knight?

Cartographer?

Patron? (Citizen?)

ETC...

now is the time to work on this stuff, since while we are pre alpha atm according to the last round table 2017 is still the year of release. which means beta comes in 2016 since they want to have a year+ beta. so alpha should be starting sometime in the next 8-10months to have a decent time testing and redesigning systems that dont keep with the devs stated intent. also when has a preorder ever had decent names for the seperate editions? EQNL? Trailblazer, seeker, etc....

while i think milestones may be a good idea i dont want group milestones to replace my individual pledge rewards. if such a thing were to happen i would be a sad panda :o(   ohh maybe we could get a little panda pet we can punt and then the character will emote "WoW look at the panda fly...."

This post was edited by Gawd at January 31, 2015 12:17 PM PST
    • 671 posts
    January 31, 2015 12:50 AM PST
    Gawd said:
    Hieromonk said:
    Raidan said:
    Zarriya said:

Seeker?

Fallen?

Explorer?

Risen?

Warder?

Knight?

Cartographer?

Patron? (Citizen?)

ETC...

now is the time to work on this stuff, since while we are pre alpha atm according to the last round table 2017 is still the year of release. which means beta comes in 2016 since they want to have a year+ beta. so alpha should be starting sometime in the next 8-10months to have a decent time testing and redesigning systems that dont keep with the devs stated intent. also when has a preorder ever had decent names for the seperate editions? EQNL? Trailblazer, seeker, etc....

while i think milestones may be a good idea i dont want group milestones to replace my individual pledge rewards. if such a thing were to happen i would be a sad panda :o(   ohh maybe we could get a little panda pet we can punt and then the character will emote "WoW look at the panda fly...."

I am confused by many things in your post.

Most of what you countered with, was in accordance with what I suggested. Also, I think you misinterpreted about what I was saying about milestones. I am talking about Milestones that must be met by VRI, for this game to be released. A milestone is a goal..   So if someone Pledge $1k now...  if houses are ever in introduced & plots are part of post-release, pre-alpha peeps should get first dibs, etc.

I you are here (present) during certain goals (ie: milestones that VRI has met) then you should be rewrded accordingly. Very simple stuff.

The ONLY thing now, is to wait until they release the new Pledge offers & packages. Everybody is going to gain, not loose.

• 308 posts
    January 31, 2015 2:23 AM PST
    Hieromonk said:

I am confused by many things in your post.

Most of what you countered with, was in accordance with what I suggested. Also, I think you misinterpreted about what I was saying about milestones. I am talking about Milestones that must be met by VRI, for this game to be released. A milestone is a goal..   So if someone Pledge $1k now...  if houses are ever in introduced & plots are part of post-release, pre-alpha peeps should get first dibs, etc.

I you are here (present) during certain goals (ie: milestones that VRI has met) then you should be rewrded accordingly. Very simple stuff.

The ONLY thing now, is to wait until they release the new Pledge offers & packages. Everybody is going to gain, not loose.

ok on the milestones i had you wrong, i thought you were talking about donations milestones. the "If we get to 500k donations we will add crafting" kinda thing. but if you look at the pledge levels alot of things on there are things that can not be done after alpha or maybe beta is over. creating items, quests NPC's is typically done during alpha.

but the rest of what i posted was mainly aimed at the comment that we are jumping the gun to be talking of these things at this juncture. and that we are 2~4 years away from release. i wanted to elaborate on the timeline that was stated by Aradune in the RT because when someone gives a A~B many people could be dismayed because its human nature to believe when told A~B it will be B for sure, and i didnt want anyone thinking that we were 4 years away from release.

also to your confusion i would say it is a mistake to think that anytime you get quoted its to counter what you have said. there are many reasons to quote someone. one of my favorites is to expound on what they have stated previously so that people reading do not get confused thinking i am talking about the post above me that was posted while i was writing my post.

This post was edited by Gawd at January 31, 2015 1:44 PM PST
    • 83 posts
    January 31, 2015 3:28 AM PST

Puntable pandas hmm, as funny as that might or might not be heh :)

im sure it would get the game and the developers in all sorts of trouble

• 308 posts
    January 31, 2015 5:17 AM PST
    Zlambit said:

Puntable pandas hmm, as funny as that might or might not be heh :)

im sure it would get the game and the developers in all sorts of trouble

how? neither the Panda nor the exclamation Wow is owned by anyone. or do u think peta will have something to say about it? dont worry about them they are too busy trying to get rid of the Deer Hunter and Big Game Hunter Games.

• 753 posts
    January 31, 2015 5:37 AM PST

Gnomes get punted.  Pandas would chew your face off if you tried to punt them...

Back to Subscription talk - it's been really great conversation so far!

• 9115 posts
    January 31, 2015 5:56 AM PST

Admin Note: Please stay on topic guys, I know it can be fun to drift into new conversations during a thread but this is something that we a really cracking down on at the moment and for the time being it will remain a friendly reminder but if the message doesn't sink in, the forum guidelines continue to be broken and the reminders go ignored, we will go ahead and delete future off topic posts.

You are more than welcome to start a new "Panda vs WoW vs Gnomes vs Legal battle" thread in Off Topic if you really think you need to but this thread is already being monitored closely as I did ask that no new threads are created on the topic of the Store, Pledges etc. and this one is bordering very close to those topics. The reason I let it continue was that it was a good mature discussion, so please do not let it stray off topic now.

Thank you for understanding :)

• 3016 posts
    January 31, 2015 12:11 PM PST
    Zarriya said:
    CanadinaXegony said:
    Zarriya said:

ooo your thread got a sticky Wandidar! So I am figuring it is because the devs would like to see feedback here.

Yes, the pledge levels do need to be simplified.

Previously, there were a lot of choices. Too many?  I am not sure; it was nice to have the freedom to choose my package. But the sheer number of choices were confusing to look at on this site.  If you want to keep the packages that is okay, however there needs to be better organization, consistency and support. When one is trying to sell a product first impressions are important.

-The pledges need to be lined up in order: from lowest dollar amount to the highest.

-A good description needs to accompany each one.

-The ability to purchase with a credit card would also help.  I have bought a lot of games in the past. For this game I had to open up a PayPal account;  one could argue if they want the game that bad they will do it.  My only concern is that this game may have an older playerbase that is not as comfortable using PayPal.

-A chart was very helpful.

-Terms such as Alpha 1 & 2 have been used: Access to each phase of testing should be clear.

-Confirmation to players who have already pledged should be confirmed.

If you look in the Wiki all the pledge levels are defined there.     Where I am confused is according to my pledge I should be allowed in at "pre-alpha"   currently no mention is ever made of "pre-alpha" only alpha or beta. 

Perhaps this needs clearing up.      And just wanted to state that aside from the store and all its confusing little pledges and so on,  the wiki really clears up and defines what you get for each larger pledge made.      I hope they use that as a guideline and don't change what was promised.       I think I would be distinctly unhappy if that happened,  given the large changes that have already occurred around here.   

**edit   this is currently what is promised me for what I have given thus far:

• Unlimited VIP Access
    • Alpha access
    • Beta access
    • Early name reservation
    • 2 Digital copies of the game
    • Game Title: Pantheon Explorer
    • Game Item: Fun Illusion
    • Additional character slot
    • Game Item: Explorer's Backpack
    • Game Item: Tunic of the Planes
    • Game Item: Astral Guide Vanity Pet
    • Physical Item: Celestius Cloth Map
    • Game Item: Ring of the Fallen
    • Physical Item: Postcard From Team
    • Name appears in game credits
    • Name an in game item
    • Unlimited Subscription
    • Design an item**
    • In-Game Plaque with character's name***
    • Name and NPC***
    • Invite to developer's guild
    • Name a point of interest in game***
    • Pre-Alpha Tester Access*
    • Tester credit in game credits
    • Tester forum tag
    • In game nameplate icon
    • Design a questline or boss***
    * The expectations for those who pledge this tier are simple. Be ready and able to help us with any type of game testing and be willing to spend time submitting detailed bug reports.All of those who participate in this pledge must sign a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA) and cannot work for any other game company. If at anytime we feel it is justified your access can be removed by the development team.

**Design everything about the item from looks, to name, to story. All designs are subject to the dev team's approval.

***All designs/names are subject to the dev team's approval.

I would hate to think that this would be watered down, or given away to a lower pledge level..or something similar.    Hopefully any changes you do make,  will make sense...be reasonable,  and not be off putting to those that have already contributed.

Cana

Yes your pledge level is there, however mine is not.  I have the Kickstarter journeyman's  pledge which was transferred over to here.  Where yours says Pre -Alpha test access there was no such wording from kickstarter  - instead mine says "very early access to the game as a tester. " which should mean the same thing because the lower tiers say alpha access at the time.  When the kickstarter was posted that was the earliest way you could get into testing. If I do not get pre-alpha testing my friends and I will be upset because that is what we pledged for.

So what is going on now  is there are pledges on the wiki that are clear and posted.  Then there are pledges such as mine and my friends (who have different pledges) that are not listed.  The pledges on the wiki have a bit different terminology than the pledges from the kickstarter. Also for two of us our contributions do not match what we actually contributed.  I had tried to contact a green back at the time but the issue went responded (I understand there was a lot of transition back then).  Because our pledges are not listed it has made us a bit uneasy.

@ Zarriya

I transferred my kickstarter pledge here...and then after several months I added to it.    That is why my pledge shows.      I did the original $500.00 and then added to it after being here on site for awhile (round about August or thereabouts last year.) :)

Cana

• 3016 posts
    January 31, 2015 12:26 PM PST

Just a question,  will we be seeing VRI's projected milestones...I've seen other kickstarted games do this,  namely Camelot Unchained.     It just helps to know where they are in the process and what they need to get to the next  milestone/goal and what they've accomplished so far.     Again it might be a bit early in the process to be asking this question.    Or VRI might have to approach this differently?  

• 366 posts
    January 31, 2015 12:30 PM PST
    CanadinaXegony said:
    Zarriya said:
    CanadinaXegony said:
    Zarriya said:......BIG snip....

@ Zarriya

I transferred my kickstarter pledge here...and then after several months I added to it.    That is why my pledge shows.      I did the original $500.00 and then added to it after being here on site for awhile (round about August or thereabouts last year.) :)

Cana

Ty chatting with me about this! I think Kilsin is trying to focus this thread so I will take this to PMs (if that is okay with you). <3