Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Season 2 review so far

• 27 posts
    May 6, 2024 3:17 PM PDT
    Nephele, first I want to say I think you guys are doing a fantastic job. I appreciate all of you and all the hard work you put into the Crafting. I like the rework on the Woodworking profession. Having just one T1 wood is much better I think for multiple reasons. Really looking forward to getting some ranged weapons in there soon. Also looking forward to finally getting Crafting lvls sorted out from Adventuring lvls.

I do have a couple concerns though. Mainly the way prices are starting to look and/or the rewards that come with them. I think the most obvious is the quest to help Oliver repair the bridge. I'll admit I didn't do the quest. 60 Lumber is a Huge ask. I had to stop and ask what the reward for following the quest is. When I found out it was an 8 slot bag that I can craft all day for a couple pieces of Jute and Leather? Hard pass. I'll keep my hard earned Lumber. Thanks anyway. I wasn't the only one. Everyone I talked to said it's not worth it. I mean what's the point of having a quest that no one wants to do? Temp me, offer me something that I might be willing to give you 60 Lumber for.

The other concern I had was with the prices on the T2 Schematics. That was a huge jump from 4s to 75s. And there's around a dozen or so Schematics there, Not including the ranged weapons that are still not even in game yet. Now I can craft some small boxes as well as a few weapons and shields and "SELL SELL SELL" all day long. But at that lvl it's not like players have a lot of Silver to be throwing at me for boxes and a weapon they are going to outgrow soon anyway. I'm not saying that a dedicated crafter wouldn't get there eventually, but the time line it would take just to become a T2 crafter is looking way more daunting than I would hope. Ideally I would like to become a T2 crafter before my friends are T3 Adventurers.

Let me say again that I think you guys are doing a great job. I know there is a lot more work ahead and I believe in the end it's going to be great. You asked for feedback though so I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Sincerely, Thank you and to all the VR team.