Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Season 1

• 6 posts
    March 15, 2024 1:38 PM PDT
    Is it too late to pledge to get access to season 1 or what would be the latest? Was planning to pledge next friday on payday but thats the day before supporter pledges get access and i assume that really is too late.
    • 37 posts
    March 15, 2024 2:23 PM PDT
    That would likely be too late. It can take 2-5 days since it is done manually.
    • 2052 posts
    March 15, 2024 4:29 PM PDT

redman is right. Pledging next friday would give you a pretty good chance of missing Saturday and a decent chance of missing Sunday. I'm sure you would get in for some part of the week after that.

At slow times, people have gotten in the day after they pledged. But it all depends on how busy Support is, and with Champions getting their first visit to Season 1 starting this Sat - and then Supporters next Sat - everyone at VR is already busy and will get more busy as the week goes on.

This post was edited by Jothany at March 15, 2024 4:31 PM PDT
    • 9 posts
    March 17, 2024 10:06 AM PDT

I just finished getting access....and I'm underwhelmed with the experience I just had in the game.

The game offers even less than the original EQ did in year 1 for new players.  There is a difference between "hard" games and "obtuse" ones.  Dark Souls is hard, Pantheon is obtuse.  I don't want to spend 6 hours trying to find things to do and creatures to hunt.  I don't want to sift through mountains of text in the first hour just to find out where the game-loop begins.

While I can respect not having the auto-nav features of the faster MMOs (eg WoW), the game world should be hiding the game-loop.

Maybe in another year they will have a decent starting experience.

• 4 posts
    March 20, 2024 7:51 AM PDT

Grendahl said:

I just finished getting access....and I'm underwhelmed with the experience I just had in the game.

The game offers even less than the original EQ did in year 1 for new players.  There is a difference between "hard" games and "obtuse" ones.  Dark Souls is hard, Pantheon is obtuse.  I don't want to spend 6 hours trying to find things to do and creatures to hunt.  I don't want to sift through mountains of text in the first hour just to find out where the game-loop begins.

While I can respect not having the auto-nav features of the faster MMOs (eg WoW), the game world should be hiding the game-loop.

Maybe in another year they will have a decent starting experience.

sadly is true. the initiation is poorly structured. it will make sense to EQ players but to noone else. I had a couple friends try it out and they were borderline offended. Everyone had good things to say about graphics and even animations but the "welcome to Pantheon" is experience seriously lacking. It can be fixed of course and i am sure it has not been a priority yet.

• 11 posts
    March 26, 2024 12:12 PM PDT

I am disappointed about the crafting and gathering of resources. Not only were recipes removed, gathering of materials for apiece of cloth armor was a pain. Jute was hard to find in quantity, spending more time running around looking for jute than actually playing the game. If you wanted decent newbie armor that is.

• 2052 posts
    March 26, 2024 12:19 PM PDT

DeathtoGnomes said:

I am disappointed about the crafting and gathering of resources. Not only were recipes removed, gathering of materials for apiece of cloth armor was a pain. Jute was hard to find in quantity, spending more time running around looking for jute than actually playing the game. If you wanted decent newbie armor that is.

You got a genuine taste of what Release day can be like.  There really are a LOT of nodes that spawn jute, even along the roads. But when a ton of new players on Lvl  1 characters all arive at the same time, all harvesting resouces become scarce. It won't be so bad when there are multiple starting zones, but with only one it can be frustrating.

Having been thru it a couple of times now, I can say that it doesn't last very many days. And then at some point you're running down the road and see a node that hasn't been harvested! Looking around, you find that they're much easier to find. And your off to crafting!