Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

You're Welcome

• 226 posts
    November 14, 2023 4:45 PM PST
    Seems those of us that were wise enough to constantly complaining were right.

/bow

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pantheon-returns-to-the-mmorpg-format/
    • 16 posts
    November 14, 2023 5:15 PM PST
    /agree
    • 252 posts
    November 14, 2023 6:29 PM PST
    I'm sure all of us who consistently expressed our displeasure helped. I also suspect (just a feeling, no evidence) that there were a couple of other factors. 1. Feedback from VIPs. Surveys were still being collected when the leak happened. 2. Lack of interest by VIPs in the 247 mode. I got the impression that it wasn't very busy.

To be fair, I don't know that, I just got hints from paying attention in Discord and other channels. In other words it pissed people off, VIP surveys didn't like it, and it didn't accomplish what they wanted in the first place (maintaining engagement).

We'll have the opportunity to ask for clarification on these points during the Q&A session.
    • 185 posts
    November 14, 2023 7:31 PM PST
    Lets run this back with the graphics.

Only hope for the game. They can hate on us now and thank us later.
    This post was edited by lotuss79 at November 14, 2023 7:34 PM PST
    • 264 posts
    November 14, 2023 8:23 PM PST

Cheers Sweety! And I agree lotuss79 I'd rather see all unity assets than what they've showed us so far. Still, this is a big improvement of the situation.

• 902 posts
    November 15, 2023 1:06 AM PST
    Totally agree that complaining was the right thing to do. But there was too much complaining by the same people regurgitating the same old same old. Make a point, move on.
    This post was edited by chenzeme at November 15, 2023 1:08 AM PST
    • 233 posts
    November 15, 2023 2:00 AM PST
    They must understand that 99% of people hate the art, their game might launch, but people wont play long at a game they hate the look of.

Ashes of creation, riot MMO, pax dei and more, so much is coming out and they cant afford to be sub par, pantheon is already going to be niche from the start, if you lose that niche you're done.
    • 1284 posts
    November 15, 2023 9:58 AM PST

Thanks a lot, you single handedly killed the one thing I love!  :P 

Now Grimseethe is trying to kill the other one thing I love.  I am the 1 in 99, why, oh why, must I always be lonely!  

• 1019 posts
    November 15, 2023 9:59 AM PST
    Ranarius said:

Thanks a lot, you single handedly killed the one thing I love! :P

Now Grimseethe is trying to kill the other one thing I love. I am the 1 in 99, why, oh why, must I always be lonely!

Apparently you have bad taste.
    • 226 posts
    November 15, 2023 10:03 AM PST
    chenzeme said:
    Totally agree that complaining was the right thing to do. But there was too much complaining by the same people regurgitating the same old same old. Make a point, move on.

It worked. So it would seem we didn’t complain to much.
    • 18 posts
    November 15, 2023 10:16 AM PST
    Grimseethe said:
    They must understand that 99% of people hate the art, their game might launch, but people wont play long at a game they hate the look of.

Ashes of creation, riot MMO, pax dei and more, so much is coming out and they cant afford to be sub par, pantheon is already going to be niche from the start, if you lose that niche you're done.

I sincerely doubt 99% of people "hate the art". I prefer the old art style, but I don't hate the new art style. I think that describes a pretty good number of people. I've seen way too many people express being ok with the new art style to believe that 99% of people hate it.
    • 1284 posts
    November 15, 2023 10:43 AM PST

Well, when you don't count all the people with bad taste, it's probably close to 99%.  Maybe even 100%?

• 18 posts
    November 15, 2023 10:50 AM PST
    Ranarius said:

Well, when you don't count all the people with bad taste, it's probably close to 99%. Maybe even 100%?

Oh, definitely 100% if you take those of us with bad taste out of the equation. If we didn't have bad taste, we'd clearly hate it.
    • 233 posts
    November 15, 2023 10:54 AM PST
    Ranarius said:

Thanks a lot, you single handedly killed the one thing I love! :P

Now Grimseethe is trying to kill the other one thing I love. I am the 1 in 99, why, oh why, must I always be lonely!

Dont really understand, im trying to save this mmo ive spent hundreds on.
    • 233 posts
    November 15, 2023 10:57 AM PST
    viirin said:
    Grimseethe said:

I sincerely doubt 99% of people "hate the art". I prefer the old art style, but I don't hate the new art style. I think that describes a pretty good number of people. I've seen way too many people express being ok with the new art style to believe that 99% of people hate it.

Everyone hates it.

But they think they may go back on this so they dont complain, or some think it might not matter, but once they start playing thay will see why it does.
    "Nothing can be cool, scary or ominous with cartoon graphics"
    JRS

This is my quote now, use it when needed.
    • 252 posts
    November 15, 2023 11:02 AM PST
    I hate the art but I am not arrogant enough to say that everyone who says they like the art is either lying to me or lying to themselves. Then again, I'm not arrogant enough to claim that I am the best MMO creator on the planet if only someone would code it for me.
    • 18 posts
    November 15, 2023 11:04 AM PST
    Grimseethe said:

Everyone hates it.

But they think they may go back on this so they dont complain, or some think it might not matter, but once they start playing thay will see why it does.
    "Nothing can be cool, scary or ominous with cartoon graphics"
    JRS

This is my quote now, use it when needed.

Oh, right, I hate it. I got confused there and thought I didn't hate it, but I see now that you know what I actually think better than I do. Thanks for clarifying.
    • 185 posts
    November 15, 2023 11:09 AM PST
    chenzeme said:

You're probably right that no one thing dissuaded them, but the constant complaining definitely played a part.

They needed to know that a significant portion of their player base will not go along with this.

And then they realized the new direction would not bring in enough Asmongold subscribers to make up for the loss.

But they still need their feet held to the fire on the graphics. We're not there yet.

Whatever the percent of the population that likes the new art, its simply not enough.

The screenshots make the game look better, not worse. And once Alpha pledgers get in, there will almost certainly be a similar outcry.
    • 902 posts
    November 15, 2023 11:11 AM PST
    Sweety said:
    chenzeme said:

Its too much when threads are hijacked to say the same thing over and over, especially when the original post is totally unrelated. Once, twice, three times, fine. Seven, eight, or more, it just isn't fine and in mho, is too much.

This post was edited by chenzeme at November 15, 2023 11:12 AM PST
    • 1284 posts
    November 15, 2023 11:19 AM PST

I was mainly just joking around. Wasn't sure if that was clear or not.

But in a non joking around way here's what I can say. I did not like the art style when they first showed it. I didn't even like it when I first saw it in game. But that's probably because I had no way to imagine what it could become (I'm not an artist, I have no eye for these things). Now, after a couple months it's been tuned and changed so much already compared to day 1 and I actually find myself *liking it.* It's strange. I think if I were to go back and find all my comments on the art style over these months I'd see a gradual trend in my comments starting with "certainly do not like it" all the way up till today which I believe is the first time I'm finding myself saying that I "actually do like it." They have been able to do things with this art style that I didn't know they'd be able to do, they proved me wrong on my initial assessment of it.
    This post was edited by Ranarius at November 15, 2023 11:19 AM PST
    • 902 posts
    November 15, 2023 11:20 AM PST
    lotuss79 said:
    chenzeme said:

You're probably right that no one thing dissuaded them, but the constant complaining definitely played a part.

They needed to know that a significant portion of their player base will not go along with this.

And then they realized the new direction would not bring in enough Asmongold subscribers to make up for the loss.

But they still need their feet held to the fire on the graphics. We're not there yet.

Whatever the percent of the population that likes the new art, its simply not enough.

The screenshots make the game look better, not worse. And once Alpha pledgers get in, there will almost certainly be a similar outcry.

Maybe you are right. But it's hard to get a fair spread of views when a few keep posting the same post.
    The graphics though I did a poll in another thread where it was almost split 3 ways between like, dislike and dont care enough either way. For a totally fair poll, VR need to host it and everyone needs to vote.

Having said that, it will be much more work to revert the models than it is to not go ahead with 247. So I would bet this is here to stay.
    This post was edited by chenzeme at November 15, 2023 11:22 AM PST
    • 194 posts
    November 15, 2023 11:34 AM PST
    chenzeme said:
    Sweety said:
    chenzeme said:

Its too much when threads are hijacked to say the same thing over and over, especially when the original post is totally unrelated. Once, twice, three times, fine. Seven, eight, or more, it just isn't fine and in mho, is too much.

You're hijacking the thread right now. This is a thread about appreciation for the community for getting changes made. If I were OP I'd request you not post in it at all since you requested the same of others in your threads anytime they decided to provide their opinions.
    This post was edited by justdrop at November 15, 2023 11:34 AM PST
    • 560 posts
    November 15, 2023 11:40 AM PST
    I would love to see a poll on the graphics change. I range between liking the new graphics to not caring. The reasons given for the graphic change are a real concern and completely make sense to me. Unless VR can hire a much larger staff I see no benefit to going back to the old graphics and taking much longer to get the game released.

The poll should be 2 questions to better frame what the pledgers feel. It is one thing to not like the graphics it is another to be willing to wait longer for the game to come out for the older graphics.

1- I like the old graphics

1- I like the new graphics

1- I do not care

and

2- Old Graphics are worth waiting longer for

2- New graphics are worth the faster release
    This post was edited by Susurrus at November 15, 2023 11:45 AM PST
    • 167 posts
    November 15, 2023 11:59 AM PST
    They put out the news about 247 and were immediately met with displeasure from all of their major Youtube channel supporters, Cohh's public posts, the entirety of Reddit, the Youtube comments on their videos and the initial wave of negative/constructive posts in the forums as well.

But it's cute that you actually think this was because of your non-stop off-topic verbal diarrhea in other people's topics for the last 3 weeks. Super helpful, yes, thank you.
    This post was edited by Prevenge at November 15, 2023 12:02 PM PST
    • 185 posts
    November 15, 2023 12:18 PM PST
    Ranarius said:

I was mainly just joking around. Wasn't sure if that was clear or not.

But in a non joking around way here's what I can say. I did not like the art style when they first showed it. I didn't even like it when I first saw it in game. But that's probably because I had no way to imagine what it could become (I'm not an artist, I have no eye for these things). Now, after a couple months it's been tuned and changed so much already compared to day 1 and I actually find myself *liking it.* It's strange. I think if I were to go back and find all my comments on the art style over these months I'd see a gradual trend in my comments starting with "certainly do not like it" all the way up till today which I believe is the first time I'm finding myself saying that I "actually do like it." They have been able to do things with this art style that I didn't know they'd be able to do, they proved me wrong on my initial assessment of it.

I think your coming around might be part of VR's devious irl "Acclimation System".

I look at the graphics now and they look exactly the same as when they first made the switch! And i don't *think* im blind. Any changes have probably been quite minor.