Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Forum re-organization?

• 83 posts
    June 28, 2023 1:27 AM PDT

I understand that you likely have a lot on your plate right now Savanja, especially since Kilsin left VR. But Vandraad is 100% correct in his assessment of the current state of the forum. With the recent changes, it is harder for the forum user to find concrete information regarding a particular aspect of a specific race or class. Not enough traction on these boards? What do you think will happen now that things just got more complicated for the user?

If the current section organization is to be maintained, however, a couple of things need to be added to the forum functionality in my opinion (I'm essentially copying what I wrote on the other thread about this issue):

1> A feature that allows introducing tags (such as [Halfling] or [Druid] )to the thread titles, something like many subreddits use for example.

2> A more robust Search feature that also takes into account those tags

This post was edited by Kaynrath at June 28, 2023 1:34 AM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    June 28, 2023 9:22 AM PDT

These forums are not in their final form. Eventually, they will be migrated to a new system and at that point, we hope there is enough activity here to warrant more subforums.

• 624 posts
    June 29, 2023 3:23 AM PDT

Having supported VR since the Kickstarter, and used these forums for the past 8 years, I was a bit shocked when all that history was unceremoniously chucked. Granted the signal-to-noise ratio was rather low recently given the small team & thus glacial pace of development (less and less new topics created / discussed). Yet there were plenty of useful threads / historical discussions that are now just... gone. Could have put them in an archive section, marked them read only, something more fitting than simple deletion. Prior debates among your greatest fans as well as the thoughts of friends no longer following this effort have been forever silenced. That's beyond sad.

Not a fan of this change at all.

• 3852 posts
    June 29, 2023 5:16 AM PDT

I don't disagree with what Kumu says at all. But these have always been billed as development forums not "keep our pledgers entertained" forums.

VR has obviously concluded that old forum sections that are lucky to get one post a month - most are not that lucky - do not assist with development and the value of entertaining us is outweighed by the risk of making the game look like an ancient project that no one is interested in any more. 

I am not saying I agree with the changes; merely that I can understand the motivation for the changes. So I accept them with equanimity.

• 78 posts
    June 30, 2023 12:41 AM PDT

Savanja said:

These forums are not in their final form. Eventually, they will be migrated to a new system and at that point, we hope there is enough activity here to warrant more subforums.

We have to defeat the forums in this form to get to it's final form?  I guess it's time for Rick Roll posts and John Oliver memes!

This post was edited by mallanb81 at June 30, 2023 12:44 AM PDT
    • 1921 posts
    June 30, 2023 10:17 AM PDT

Savanja said:

What's preventing the migration?  It's been years since that migration goal was communicated to the community.

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    June 30, 2023 10:42 AM PDT

vjek said:

What's preventing the migration?  It's been years since that migration goal was communicated to the community.

TBH, the tech guys are working on in-game stuff and we don't have dedicated website tech.