Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Gnomes - can they show emotion?

• 45 posts
    April 30, 2023 12:34 PM PDT

Dear VR

Now this might seem like an oddly specific question, but I am doodling with a fanart project and would like to know - Can gnomes show feelings and emotions at all, or are their masks solid and unable to change shape to show anger or sadness?

Can they cry?

Ps. If anyone out there knows a piece of lore that states this, please chip in - Looking at you here Therek :)

Pps. Keep the rock rolling VR, Pantheon looks awesomer and awesomer day by day. (or more awesome if that is more accurate in terms of correct englishness)

• 520 posts
    April 30, 2023 1:21 PM PDT

Maybe they radiate energy of different colour depending on the emotion their are expiriencing!

• 888 posts
    April 30, 2023 5:12 PM PDT

They could be very good at emotive expression and able to convey feelings via body language. Or maybe they want to remain unreadable and actually prefer masking their feelings.

• 144 posts
    May 1, 2023 2:15 AM PDT

Does someone care if food has emotions? I mean beyond fear...

Good question though... how you personalize your gnome character might also be a question.

• 122 posts
    May 1, 2023 9:50 AM PDT

I think it would be funny if you type /sadface. The mask would have a sad face on it until a different emote.

• 810 posts
    May 8, 2023 8:44 AM PDT

I look forward to the eventual nutcracker animation to have the jaw move up and down.  Open the port to dump potions in. 

I am happy for their energy to flare in varoius ways for some things.  But lets be honest, if they could cry would they even have tears left?  Poor gnomes have survived a horror story.  Unless we find out they are somehow forging new gnomes. 

This post was edited by Jobeson at May 8, 2023 8:47 AM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    May 19, 2023 10:04 AM PDT

One word- well, 2 no, 3 oh wtheck. Ancient Japanese Kabuki theater. Jeff McBride and his mask quick change magic act. Current day emoji culture. Pantheon gnomes have unique racial/personal (ornament-like?) quest/goal/thing like chanters with collecting illusions, but less needful. Balance: no emote menu. All other races have in-game emote menu, Gnomes do not, gnomes instead get mask ornaments to collect to represent emotes     :) [ btw, who persists in doing a smiley like this? (: why would you spin your head around just to smile broadly? :D  ]