Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Mastery Question

• 1584 posts
    April 20, 2023 10:10 PM PDT

Now i have a question about this mastery as well, like Joppa was saying if you put a point into Cold Bolt, all the spells in its line gains from it, but lets say you get to the next spell in that line, will that also have its own mastery points you can use to further increase it potency?

• 1284 posts
    April 21, 2023 8:36 AM PDT

It sounded to me like spells that are in a line will all use the same mastery points.  They will not have their own mastery point options in addition.

That's how I understood what he said anyway.  Could be wrong.

• 520 posts
    April 21, 2023 1:22 PM PDT

Pretty sure it will be like Ranarius described - a line will have shared mastery most likely (though at this point it's not set in stone). 

• 1584 posts
    April 21, 2023 1:32 PM PDT

Right i was just wondering, like i did understand putting mastery points at the beginning of the line improved all of the spells in that line, just didn't know if each spell in that line had mastery points as well, guess more will be said in the future PA testing.

• 2050 posts
    April 21, 2023 7:39 PM PDT

I would expect that points you put in early on carry over, but if you only raised the spell up 1 level early on, the later spells in the line would still have the option of being raised further. Once you have the spell up to Mastery lvl 3, I'd agree with Ranarius's description.

• 888 posts
    April 22, 2023 10:06 AM PDT

Joppa said that mastery points apply to the whole spell line. From a design standpoint,  this is necessary otherwise we would be punished for spending points in lower tier abilities and most players would basically not use the system until high level.

• 1584 posts
    April 22, 2023 12:06 PM PDT

Counterfleche said:

Joppa said that mastery points apply to the whole spell line. From a design standpoint,  this is necessary otherwise we would be punished for spending points in lower tier abilities and most players would basically not use the system until high level.

wouldn't be punishing if you had to max the mastery points in the first spell to get the the second spells mastery points, it would become linear.

• 520 posts
    April 22, 2023 3:43 PM PDT

Riahuf22 said:

wouldn't be punishing if you had to max the mastery points in the first spell to get the the second spells mastery points, it would become linear.

But if strenght of the upgrades stayed similar to the current level, later spells in the line would be OP. Alternatively they could nerf the upgrades altogether, but whats the point? Belive me - I understand  temptations of power fantasy in games very well - obliterating foes left and right - but it's just not the game for it - they need to balance it well in order for the challange to still be a thing. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future expansions there would be just more mastery tiers altogether.

• 1584 posts
    April 22, 2023 6:44 PM PDT

Hegenox said:

Riahuf22 said:

But if strenght of the upgrades stayed similar to the current level, later spells in the line would be OP. Alternatively they could nerf the upgrades altogether, but whats the point? Belive me - I understand  temptations of power fantasy in games very well - obliterating foes left and right - but it's just not the game for it - they need to balance it well in order for the challange to still be a thing. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future expansions there would be just more mastery tiers altogether.

Well that all depends on what the upgrades would become, i was just asking IF the 2nd, 3rd, etc. spells have their own mastery points you can invest in after investing points into the previous spell in that line, not that they SHOULD.

This post was edited by Cealtric at April 22, 2023 6:48 PM PDT