Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Recurring theme of goofiness or am i overreacting?

• 1120 posts
    July 18, 2023 1:08 PM PDT

Unpopular Opinion: If youre playing a video game to be so immersed that when you see a NPC name you dont like it ruins that for you, you should probably do a deep dive on why youre playing games in the first place.

Everywhere in the world there are names that people would consider dumb, whether because they are from different cultures or just because someone thought an interesting name was nice.  In my hometown high school there were twin boys named Orangejello and Lemonjello, pronounced Or-On-Gel-Oh and La-Mon-Gel-Oh.  People often made fun of them for it, but at the end of the day, who cares.  Looking at a fantasy world where there are hundreds if not thousands of named NPCS and having so far 1 example of something that you deem "silly" should feel like a win.

I think your battle here is misplaced, if anything you should be waging war against the player made naming system, cause i promise you, if Fuzzruckus bothers you, people running around with various political, subtle sexual and just flat out copywritten names will ruin you.  And this is coming from someone who is literally named after a computed generated animal from a fictional world of pet battles.