Forums » Introduce Yourself

Old School

• 4 posts
    January 11, 2019 2:43 PM PST

Hey everyone! I'm too old to be this excited about a game! Haven't felt this way since I found out I could apply for EQ beta a very long time ago.

I'm a biker, a gypsy, I've traveled all over the USA since 2014 when I dropped out of the rat race.

Now I don't travel anymore, but that means I get to have cable internet installed in the trailer, and leave the pc set up, and when its time to test in alpha, I'll be ready. 

Played EQ a long time, my Enchanter has over a year of /played, and my Monk, wow, the number is obscene. I think my friends would say "get a life". Well, its too late for that. I'm all in on Pantheon.

• 547 posts
    January 11, 2019 2:53 PM PST

Aw yea - Old EQ forever <3 Very cool Malla. I’m so glad you joined. You are most welcome here and welcome back!

• 3 posts
    January 11, 2019 4:20 PM PST

Great to see all the old school EQ players surface for this game! 

• 1 posts
    January 11, 2019 5:53 PM PST

Old EQ Player here as well, very excited, nothing has come close since.

• 58 posts
    January 12, 2019 6:02 AM PST

Hello and welcome!

• 1 posts
    January 12, 2019 8:01 AM PST

Welcome, I think there are many old school players looking forward to Pantheon. I am one of them as well! This community is awesome!

• 32 posts
    January 14, 2019 6:05 AM PST

Welcome back. Know the feeling, way to much excitement. Can't wait to start mashing taunt and kick!

• 319 posts
    January 14, 2019 6:06 AM PST
    Welcome dude
    • 4 posts
    January 14, 2019 6:53 AM PST

decarsul said:

Welcome back. Know the feeling, way to much excitement. Can't wait to start mashing taunt and kick!

As a long time Enchanter, I tip my hat to the tanks like you who helped make it all possible. I did play an Ogre warrior to 50, but was primarily a Monk and then Enchanter.

I can't wait to experience the amused exasperation when a caster breaks mez, and I haven't boggled, so the mob kills me, then the caster, while the tank frantically tried to taunt away a hard hate-list vendetta. And of course the Cleric is just as frantic, and I don't have to say anything to the caster because the Cleric rips him/her good. :)

It built competent groups, and then guilds, and we came to be both in-game and IRL friends. The best raid Wizard I knew started out, like at level 18, breaking my mez a couple times. He never did it again. In fact, a couple times he saw a mob on its way to me, while I tashed like crazy, and hit it hard, drawing it off. So I'd land mez before it got to him. And I, for my part, learned when to boggle and when not to, because I'd rather die than kill the Cleric. 

• 3908 posts
    January 14, 2019 2:12 PM PST

Welcome!