Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Gaming Goals

• 9115 posts
    January 10, 2019 4:06 AM PST

What are your gaming goals and resolutions for 2019? #MMORPG #communitymatters

• 1479 posts
    January 10, 2019 4:17 AM PST

Lobotomizing myself on current mmo's waiting for the holy grail...

Sad year incoming.

• 73 posts
    January 10, 2019 5:29 AM PST
    To rid my rig of; nevereveragainwintergoldentrails, finalfanstasyqueenofdancemovecombat, lotroschoolbandmusic, and wowthesegraphicsucks! Oh and to eat more veggies and exercise more...
    • 40 posts
    January 10, 2019 5:36 AM PST

Just trudging through my game collection.  I collect old gaming systems and RPGs, along with my Steam library, I have well over 300 RPGs to play.  Right now I'm playing Ar Nosurge on PS3 (not that old, I know) and Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced on Game Boy Advanced.  I also go back and forth between MMORPGs every month, playing the one I feel like playing at the time.

Also, there's that one game I wish would advance in development just a tad so I can help testing it.  I've been laid off and have nothing but time to help :D

• 230 posts
    January 10, 2019 6:03 AM PST

Mechwarrior 5 is coming out. Might give that a whirl

• 3852 posts
    January 10, 2019 6:39 AM PST

MauvaisOeil got it about right.

Probably stick with LOTRO as one of the slowest leveling of the MMOs I have played in recent years and get one of each class maxed out in levels and crafting on a new server.

Maybe Pantheon will hit alpha?

• 27 posts
    January 10, 2019 7:08 AM PST

Kilsin said:

my goal is to read about Pantheon Rise of the Fallen Alpha launch date by the summer of 2019! :D

• 23 posts
    January 10, 2019 7:08 AM PST

Looking forward to the Division 2.  It is an RPG of sorts.

• 945 posts
    January 10, 2019 7:52 AM PST

Casually playing some super smash on the switch with the family and warframe on the ps4 when the kids are in bed... very noncommital games.  Trying to avoid games that require a lot of time & attention (PC MMOs) for the time being... Patiently waiting for a certain MMO to enter the Alpha testing phase.  ;)

• 61 posts
    January 10, 2019 8:44 AM PST

You initially asked what my gaming goals were for 2019. I suppose i have two:

1. Finish the massive Torchlight 2 mod I have been working on

2. Advance my Unreal 4 training.

• 429 posts
    January 10, 2019 9:17 AM PST

Alpha testing Pantheon . 

• 1247 posts
    January 10, 2019 9:49 AM PST

Just awaiting more from Pantheon. Gaming is dead imo, nothing interests me in 2019. Haven’t played a game in years. :)

• 646 posts
    January 10, 2019 1:28 PM PST

With the start of the new year, the last of my WildStar refugee friends have made the transition over to FFXIV, so I'm looking forward to helping them work through content - and tackling content with them as a group later on.

Also, Pantheon alpha. :3

• 1428 posts
    January 10, 2019 1:30 PM PST

i'm sure everyone is aware that the current state of mmos has degenerated into a cash grab.  most are just looking for a home away from home deal.  until that home is finish building i'll stay in a nearby hotel known as bdo :o keep trucking boys and girls.  we are looking forward to your house to buy and not to rent.

• 127 posts
    January 10, 2019 2:04 PM PST

I have a pretty huge backlog of games to pick from that I bought on sale. Mostly RPGs, strategy games and point & click adventure games.

Also looking to do some modding again to satisfy my creative itch.

So plenty of non-MMO stuff to keep myself occupied with for the time being.

• 363 posts
    January 10, 2019 2:05 PM PST

Play P99 until Pantheon Alpha

• 107 posts
    January 10, 2019 3:21 PM PST
    Now that I am settled into our new house, my gaming goals are to finish redecorating my computer/gaming room. Build a new desktop gaming rig (havn't really needed one in years) and patiently wait for PROTF to go into Alpha mode.
    • 2419 posts
    January 10, 2019 3:32 PM PST

Kilsin said:

I have none as nothing else sparks any interest in me whatsoever.  Can't go back to EQ1 as there isn't a mob, zone or raid from Vanilla through Secrets of Faydwer that I haven't experienced a dozen times over across 8 different classes.  EQ2 is just shite as is Rift and a few others.  EVE Online burned me out on PvP because nobody wants to fight unless they outnumber you by 20:1.  I revisited Skyrim and fell asleep because of the completely boring nature of the dungeon design (worse than EQ1's LDoN expansion).

Civ VI has a new expansion coming out soon that could be interesting and there are some Steam games about to be released that might offer a brief distraction.

Basically I'm in a holding pattern until Alpha.

• 38 posts
    January 11, 2019 6:35 AM PST

Awaiting the arrival of Tales of Vesperia for Switch.  

I've been burnt out on video games for quite some time now, never really enjoying anything but I've decided to use my Switch a bit more. 

I travel for 4 hours a day via bus to get to and from work, so I'll have no excuse not to play and the Switch has been my favourite console since the PS2.

This post was edited by Gristol at January 11, 2019 6:35 AM PST
    • 1315 posts
    January 11, 2019 7:06 AM PST

My goal is to build a working VR game to stack blocks with physics.  Not really ambitious but im not really a programer by trade and I plan on using Unity 3D to do most of the tech bits.

• 627 posts
    January 11, 2019 8:10 AM PST
    My gold it to be a gaming God, in reality I'll prolly end up as a Rubberbanding pirat in a world called Atlas.
    • 287 posts
    January 11, 2019 8:23 AM PST

I've all but given up on MMOs.  Just waiting for Pantheon now though there a re a couple other interesting ones due for release soon.  I might give one of them a try.  Why not?  I've played pretty much every other non-isometric fantasy MMO ever released, often for just a month or two until I figure out how bad it is.

In the meantime, working on a couple new mobile apps, prepping a few dumbass products for market, finishing the restoration of a classic car, playing guitar with friends and learning to play drums and working far too much.  A lack of a good MMO to play leaves a pretty big vacuum to fill :)

• 1785 posts
    January 11, 2019 3:54 PM PST

Hrm.  For me....

Helping test Pantheon as it progresses, to squish icky crawly things and provide lots of feedback to help it be really awesome when it's ready for launch.

When not doing that, I'll be crafting in FFXIV, interspersed with enjoying the storytelling in their new expansion.  I don't really expect that game to last (for me) beyond the upcoming expansion though.  It's become too top-heavy and after 4 years, things are just starting to wear thin.

No other MMO plans really.  I might dabble in something here or there, but realistically, I need to spend more time away from the PC and less time in front of it than I did in 2018.  So, it's probably a good thing to not have a bunch of MMOs (or other games) I'm trying to play :)

• 249 posts
    January 11, 2019 4:33 PM PST
    Play p99, aoe2, d1 and d2 until Pantheon. Eventually I'll either build a PC or buy a gaming laptop
    • 25 posts
    January 11, 2019 8:19 PM PST

Save money to buy my first windows machine since 2011...

The only thing that will be installed it will be Pantheon. lol