Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

item/clicky, utility, non-weapon theory-crafting

• 2138 posts
    January 4, 2019 10:08 AM PST

What intesting items can you come up with that might be usefull in a MMO like Pantheon that you have gleaned from other MMO's?

I am thinking of something simple, and useful and almost indespensible- kind of like the chipped bone rod in old EQ for finding your corpse out in the open areas if a bard or necro were not around. a permanent chipped bone rod would be one of these things. it would point you in the direction to your corpse, only.

Here's my idea:

Handy stick: Primary. If handy stick is equiped and player attacks with no target selected by the player the handy stick will return a consider message of the closest non player, non lore/quest NPC. This effect will work through closed doors and around corners. Handy stick will only return a consider message, and not return NPC name or other attributes.

I think this is ok because you have to equip it and you have to attack, if you attack your invis drops. Also, it returns the consider message only and only for the closest monster to where you are but you don't know how close or far that is. So you could be in an area and 'poke" and see a red con message, freak out a bit, then "poke" again and see a LB message which would mean there is a red roamer. If in a dungeon and heading towards an unknown boss room, you would not be forewarned because you would only get the message for the closest minion behind the door, and not the boss itself so you might think it safe. Not always reliable, but handy at times.

Maybe an additional clicky effect could only be used on player characters, where you target a player character and click it and it nudges them a quarter step with a recast timer of 5 hours (so you can't nudge someone AFK over a cliff) and shows a bright emote message when used.

• 124 posts
    January 10, 2019 11:24 PM PST

I like the idea of the chipped bone rod, i do not like the suggestion you mentioned. Ofcourse EQ was filled with items like these.

Prenerf Circlet of Shadows (instant invis), Manastone (mana for hp), breastplate with 'gate' effect and the likes.

When it comes to re-usables i don't want them to be game changing like the previous items obviously were. Those items in the form of craftables / usables i'm cool with. Still liking your chain of thought. If these items will exist, they should be more in the sence of 'quality of life'. So in that sence, ill continue your list (it is harder than it seems . . ):

1. Making it easier to find a corpse totally get that.
    2. Making it easier to find certain resources ditto.
    3. Corpse summon (there should be a cost involved depending on level and zone or in other words, not readily available CR should still be the main way to get your corpse back) 
    4. Sense North

This post was edited by decarsul at January 10, 2019 11:25 PM PST
    • 2138 posts
    January 11, 2019 7:38 AM PST

thats the idea! (and it is not as easy as it seems :)) nothing too OP, but something handy through all levels.

2a/4a. Divining rod: points to direction of *something*- or- if underwater and turned upside around- points up.