Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

No to mods, but yes to customization

• 3852 posts
    July 13, 2019 8:30 AM PDT

I rarely use mods of any type - I come from the era when a mod meant an automatic ban if you were caught so I never got into the habit.

That said - although I don't think VR should spend resources to *support* mods as Kilsin said (see quote above) I also don't think they should spend resources to prevent them. Meaning mods that do things like allowing custom UIs, not outright hacks or cheats.

Firstly HemlockReaper makes good points.

Secondly this isn't a pvp game and pvp considerations should not affect game design decisions that apply anywhere but pvp servers.

Thirdly if a raid guild wants to require a particular interface because it is that much better it is no different than a raid guild requiring voice chat or even Discord specifically - as many do. Those that don't like the interface can find or form another guild - this too is no basis for game design decisions affecting the entire game from level one on up. Just as I am often told this isn't a game designed for solo play - when I argue that it should at least be somewhat solo friendly (no need to debate the point it is covered at length in other threads) this is *also* not a game designed for raiders. It is a game for grouping and exploring and many other things but so-called end-game content is not the heart of it and the goal is for people to move slowly to level-cap not race up in order to do "endgame".

• 116 posts
    July 13, 2019 8:40 AM PDT

Personally- IF Pantheon will let me undock AND choose to show or hide ALL components of the UI. Then skin/mods would become redundant. 

Now, when I say undock, I mean it. Don’t have groups of things together so that I must accept them on an all-or-nothing basis. 

Let me drag and arrange them anywhere on the screen that suits my needs. 

Give me total control over my UI and I’ll be just fine. 

• 1479 posts
    July 13, 2019 9:52 AM PDT

No need of mods. I'm fine with a customizable ui and if possible a blank sheet for roleplaying purposes, reportable if used for insanities.

• 801 posts
    July 15, 2019 3:32 PM PDT

This is important to allow UI customization, however not the ability to add in macros that auto attack mobs, auto loot etc.. So scripting should be limited and passing back to the Anticheat engine to determine if your cheating with the UI.

If i have to get tennis elbow, so will you.

• 379 posts
    July 15, 2019 6:03 PM PDT

Give me DPS meters or give me death! Lol