Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Buying Lvl boost and item for Real money..

• 627 posts
    December 14, 2018 3:09 AM PST

I am curious what are the oppinion from VR on this issue?

Its a bigger problem then ever before, people want to progress and have some money to spare. So they use them to get raid drops, level an alt, buy ingame gold, max out profession skills and so on.
    In some of the most popular mmos right now, its is very commen that some guilds sell off some raid spots to random strangers, that pay through a 3th site for this service.

I hope VR got a Hammer and is not afraid to swing it :)

• 31 posts
    December 14, 2018 3:39 AM PST

I'd really hate it if people could progress by paying $$.

Geea

• 9 posts
    December 14, 2018 4:51 AM PST

I'd be surprise they would do something like this. its a game focused on grouping and they wan't people to enjoy the game at every level, not just "end game content". Personnally It would make me quit before even starting, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• 1281 posts
    December 14, 2018 5:13 AM PST

BamBam said:

I am curious what are the oppinion from VR on this issue?

Its a bigger problem then ever before, people want to progress and have some money to spare. So they use them to get raid drops, level an alt, buy ingame gold, max out profession skills and so on.
    In some of the most popular mmos right now, its is very commen that some guilds sell off some raid spots to random strangers, that pay through a 3th site for this service.

I hope VR got a Hammer and is not afraid to swing it :)

They will NOT be doing this.  Thhey've alresdy stated that there will be no "cash shoprs" nor "pay to win" in Pantheon.

• 627 posts
    December 14, 2018 5:23 AM PST

Ofc VR won't but player with the interest in earning money on Pantheon will attempt to sell ingame items, currency and other services for real money from their own site.

My question how do VR stand in regards to these communities and what approce will they do to bring it down to a minimum.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 17, 2018 3:18 PM PST
    • 9 posts
    December 14, 2018 5:32 AM PST

ah ok I understand what you mean. I gotta say I'm curious about this too. Its definately a problem in other games.

• 135 posts
    December 14, 2018 6:11 AM PST

Vr said no unfair gameplay advantage would be buyable.

I do think some players might try to sell things for real life  currency and hopefully Vr will  drop the hammer on those players.

• 1303 posts
    December 14, 2018 7:09 AM PST

I'd have to dig to find it, but I also believe they said they are going to be putting notable resources into tracking and squashing anyone attempting to create a secondary market. 

• 1120 posts
    December 14, 2018 12:24 PM PST

Theres nothing you can do about guilds selling raid items or "tag alongs" for quests or titles or mounts (whatever is available) for in game gold.

That's all perfectly legal.  And honestly, having been a high ranking officer in several higher end guilds, it's not usually the high end guilds that are RMTing.  Most guilds save a massive amount of money for expansion releases, new content etc...

But as echoed by others, I'm sure VR has their focus set on preventing as much RMT as possible and i doubt they will tell us anything in regards to how they plan on doing it.

• 287 posts
    December 14, 2018 2:41 PM PST

I don't really care about guilds selling raid spots or drops they can't use.  I don't really have anything against paying a guild to level up your character either.  What I do hope VR is able to suppress is the botting/farming industry made up of accounts that farm gold for sale outside of the game, none of which actually play the game except to dominate whole regions 24/7.

I'll admit they're super fun to mess with sometimes.  For example, aggro-training a bunch of mobs onto those that use AoE abilities or KSing them (for a change).  But mostly they're nothing but a nuisance, not least for their non-stop chat spamming advertising their web sites and CHAEP $$$GOLD$$$.

It would be great if they were somehow blocked from doing this in PRotF.

• 1120 posts
    December 14, 2018 5:12 PM PST

Akilae said:

It would be great if they were somehow blocked from doing this in PRotF.

You cant stop it.  You can only hope to contain it.

There needs to be 0 ability to talk in general or send tells for "trial accounts" and VR would have to ban entire accounts anytime a spammer is detected.

60 dollars for a game and 15 for a subscription... you better get an awful lot of business from those few spams you're completing before being banned.

The issue is that any mechanic put in to limit gold spammers also affects players.  Limiting methods of communication on free to play accounts impacts new players actually trying out the game.

If VR was really ballsy, they could not only ban the accounts of spammers, but also, purchase small amounts of gold, and then ban those accounts as well.

• 1303 posts
    December 14, 2018 5:56 PM PST

Porygon said:

If VR was really ballsy, they could not only ban the accounts of spammers, but also, purchase small amounts of gold, and then ban those accounts as well.

EQ and WoW both did this to one degree or another. I'd go a step further and put out honeypot sites to sell gold, and then ban the account that came to collect. 

• 752 posts
    December 14, 2018 6:37 PM PST

I dont remember which post i read, but i remember VR stating they will be actively doing search and destroy missions to get rid of cash farmers/sellers and PL spammers. The biggest thing IMO is dont allow trial accounts or F2P. If a gold spammer or cash for service person has to pay for full services they will be more careful about transactions. There will always be someone trying to exploit the system and thats ok. We catch em and burn em and move on. If the game is designed well enough its going to be quite hard to PL and it usually takes a while for gold spammers to get set up with funds. Also with the mentor system there may be a built in compensation system- its hard to say at the moment.

• 3237 posts
    December 14, 2018 6:40 PM PST

I suggested a detailed proposal on how they could (mostly) eliminate RMT with an aggressive approach dubbed as the "RMT Sheriff."  I can't really post it on here because it's a PDF document but the vast majority of people I have shared it with (and had follow-up conversations with) thought that it would be effective and were willing to chip in an extra $5 per month to help fund the cause.  If anybody would care to see it feel free to hit me up with a PM in Discord  --  1AD7#7153

This post was edited by oneADseven at December 14, 2018 6:40 PM PST
    • 1120 posts
    December 14, 2018 6:53 PM PST

The reason gold selling is so easy nowadays is because most games have trial versions, or are just free to play.   It's easy to just create 400 accounts and keep remaking them when they are banned.

So we will just have to see how long this "trial" lasts for pantheon.

• 36 posts
    December 14, 2018 9:48 PM PST

TIME to stop this BS of selling items for RMT it should be outlawed full stop it's a scam and con. If companies want to make games which allow such, then it should be announced when the game is in development or about to go kickstater so that we can vote with out wallets. I am unwilling to support any gaming company which use these kinds of tactic to raise revenue. This type of thing is typical of gambiling companies where it's all about profits and not the long term care of the game. RMT = gambling with your money and can become addictive and for people on low incomes this can cause lots of harm. If VR had announced this in their game I would not be on these boards now. 

It's real easy to stop gold sellers on trail accounts. Do not allow them to use global chat and anything they get in game to be made none tradeable until they upgrade their account to paid version then they can do as they please. Whilst I am against none drop items this is the only time I'd support none drop to prevent abuse and attempts to sell items for RMT. 

This now brings out another of my PET HATES, we get to ignore RMT spamming in games but only the character toon we just ignored they can log and delete/create another toon on the same account and rinse and repeat and I have to ignore every toon on that account... PLEASE when I ignore in Panthoen make it so it's account wide not just that toon.

• 2138 posts
    December 14, 2018 10:25 PM PST

I think they already have plans in place, like from just after the kickstarter. I remember mentioning in the forums how the guys on the P99 emulater were doing a really good job of banning RMT'ers there, and.....loose lips sink ships?

• 8 posts
    December 15, 2018 12:03 PM PST

These option in my point of view is a big no no, kills the experience.

• 1860 posts
    December 15, 2018 3:29 PM PST

I think the OP meant "buying boosts/drops illegally" yet some people aren't taking it as such..  We know VR won't sell these type of perks.

The question becomes whether VR will be able to stop it?

I'm doubtful but try to stay optimistic.

This post was edited by philo at December 15, 2018 3:29 PM PST
    • 1404 posts
    December 15, 2018 8:13 PM PST

I don't see VR having an option of not selling these kinds of perks such as level boost in the long run. It's easy to say they wont now while the game is planed for 50 levels. But as they cater to the rush to max level to raid crowd, vertical progression is the only option. Over the years Vertical progression will bring level 75, then 100 and unless they ruin the early game experience the "end game" experience will just be too far out of reach and Level Boost will become nessasary.

Progeny and lock it at 50 FTW.

This post was edited by Zorkon at December 15, 2018 9:10 PM PST
    • 14 posts
    December 15, 2018 8:57 PM PST

Dear. God. No.

• 27 posts
    December 16, 2018 1:54 PM PST

Zorkon said:

I don't see VR having an option of not selling these kinds of perks such as level boost in the long run. It's easy to say they wont now while the game is planed for 50 levels. But as they cater to the rush to max level to raid crowd, vertical progression is the only option. Over the years Vertical progression will bring level 75, then 100 and unless they ruin the early game experience the "end game" experience will just be too far out of reach and Level Boost will become nessasary.

If im starting a new toon in a new zone with a new story line...level 100 is not out of reach for me, in fact it gives the game more playability if the races and areas are diverse enough. !00 its definitely not  out of my reach...not the way I play at least. New toon means new role to understand and master and a new part of the story... Most people who will be playing will not be in some mad rush...thats WoW

This post was edited by BryanR at December 16, 2018 1:54 PM PST
    • 1281 posts
    December 16, 2018 2:32 PM PST

Zorkon said:

Yeah, except that they won't be selling anything like that.

• 1404 posts
    December 16, 2018 2:33 PM PST

BryanR said:

Zorkon said:

If im starting a new toon in a new zone with a new story line...level 100 is not out of reach for me, in fact it gives the game more playability if the races and areas are diverse enough. !00 its definitely not  out of my reach...not the way I play at least. New toon means new role to understand and master and a new part of the story... Most people who will be playing will not be in some mad rush...thats WoW

It does if it's 5-10 years after launch, which it will obviously be if 100 is the cap and

1) it requires a group to l do the content

2) the new players are divided between at least 9 starting zones. 9 races at launch right? I think it safe to assume they will add more by the time level cap is 100

You seriously believe there will be enough new incoming players to support group leveling at lower levels in no less than 9 starting zones?

So as I said "unless they ruin the early game experience"

EQ resolved the problem by both combining all the starting zones into one (ruining the early game experience IMO) as well as adding level boost to 85.

EDIT don't get me wrong, I think there is another option. One I have not seen in any other game.Total Horizontal Progression, no vertical. With expansions they add exactly what your talking about, a whole new Race and all the story line to go with it. Rarely if ever increase the level cap. Where "end game" really is the end of the game, unless you want to replay as another race or class. Replay ability is key. The Progeny system hold the key to keeping low level content relevant.

OR of course there's abandon all the starting zones, trivialize low level content and sell level boost.

This post was edited by Zorkon at December 16, 2018 3:35 PM PST
    • 409 posts
    December 16, 2018 4:29 PM PST

@OP Insta-perma banned I hope.. and I hope they track gear/money/raid loot/etc exchanges and ban all those too.

This post was edited by Nimryl at December 16, 2018 4:30 PM PST