Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The December Newsletter has dropped!

• 9115 posts
    December 13, 2018 4:00 AM PST

The December Newsletter has dropped! Let us know what your favourite part was below #MMORPG #communitymatters

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_december_intro/

• 627 posts
    December 13, 2018 4:27 AM PST
    What a great read! Thanks a ton VR and you are welcome! <3

My favourite part of the over all stunning newsletter must be the testers experiance and comments priceless and a very warming read. Wish you all a Marry Christmas and a happy New year!! ;)
    • 228 posts
    December 13, 2018 4:38 AM PST

I was most pleased to read Ben's Under Wraps, in particular the teaser about the addition of a seasoned lead animator.

The animations is one the first things people notice when they check the Pantheon streams out, and the current ones are the opposite of a selling point. YouTube is flooded with negative "reviews" by people who don't understand what pre-alpha means. And they typically mention the animations as the worst thing.

• 36 posts
    December 13, 2018 4:57 AM PST

I both loved and hated reading about project Faerthale.  I am excited for another significant step forward in the game.  At the same time, the commentary in the news letter makes me think that Pre-Alpha 5 won't be until at least April 2019.  Which means Alpha at best would be end of summer and likely end of next year.  While I know that the devs are taking their time and doing it right (and I begrudgingly admit that's the right way to go) it does not change my desire to dig in ASAP.  

I will reluctantly continue to wait for even more news, and anxiously look forward to the day when I can experience more of the world.

• 438 posts
    December 13, 2018 5:21 AM PST
    Really enjoyed the interviews with PA testers. Hearing from our own on what’s been going on and hearing their excitement rekindles my own excitement. Patience is a virtue and I lack it haha
    • 2138 posts
    December 13, 2018 5:22 AM PST

I really liked the PA tester feedback.

I can understand timeline extensions considering the new talent brought in. It will take time to incorporate their ideas into the current workstream- plus its the holidays. I can only hope that the no-stress, non-guilty calm holiday vibe in the workplace extends beyond the holiday season to become a general workplace ambiance

Three things that jumped out at me- pleasantly. 

1. Out Of Character chat (( ooc: yay! ))

2. Aggro through the floor/proximity aggro (It's a feature! situational awareness!)

3. Rogue pets (with great power comes great responsibility, if a charmed pet can break charm, a summoned elemental can go rogue.)

*edit* I also liked reading about Dev mishaps.(Aradune on a CR) Somehow thats a good sign to me- at least they're playing!  

This post was edited by Manouk at December 14, 2018 1:53 PM PST
    • 259 posts
    December 13, 2018 7:11 AM PST

I would have to say that my favorite part is the Rogues Gallery.

I look forward to each new story and the information about the Gameworld with each new Newsletter.

SPRIGGAN “It is good to have old friends in this new world.”

Just awesome!

• 346 posts
    December 13, 2018 11:50 AM PST

They were all great except for the Community Spotlight part. The guy they interviewed sounds like a tool.

• 1247 posts
    December 13, 2018 12:20 PM PST

VR great job! You keep doing great and amazing things, ever pursuing the vision that we anxiously await! I enjoyed the Q&A and the part about Janus. 

• 51 posts
    December 13, 2018 8:35 PM PST

It was interesting to see the back story for the implementation of the quick travel system for Spriggan/Druids

• 228 posts
    December 14, 2018 2:43 AM PST

Janus said:

They were all great except for the Community Spotlight part. The guy they interviewed sounds like a tool.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. ;)