Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

LFG Tools

• 22 posts
    December 13, 2018 12:08 PM PST

Ziegfried said:

Most of us want to move away from the WoW style design with the automated LFG, LFR, etc. That type of design is not what MMORPGs are all about...players are supposed to interact with each other. It's one thing to have an LFG tool that gives a list of players looking for more for dungeon A. It's another thing entirely to have an automated group/raid finder tool that throws the group together then teleports everyone to the dungeon/raid. Perhaps the worst thing about WoW was that all of the battleground/dungeon/raid finders were cross server, sure it sounds good in theory with a larger pool of players to pull from but in practice there was zero community whatsoever as a result.

Just an FYI i said nothing about an LFR tool!!!! LFR should not be part of pantheon.

I agree 100% we don't want a /LFG tool that will teleport us to an instanced dungeon for a random daily dungeon run. but i do think a tool that will help players reduce the amount of time it takes to find a group and lets them start playing will only benefit pantheon.

As i have said in other posts if pantheon does not put in tools that will make the game accessible for the casual players they will just go play something else and all that will be left is us old EQ players running bots and that sucks. Just log into EQ now and take a run around PoK.

This means that we need to add in /lfg tools to help people group in the group centric game. Options for CR recovery, It also will mean instance raid zones, people are done with the days of the top guilds taking out the content every 7 days and holding other guilds back, people want to plan there raids now in 2018 ( On Thursday we are running Ntov 8pm - 10 pm..). I want Pantheon to be supper successful there is an entire generation of gamer out there that has never see this type of MMO, and lets face it, it's truly the best type of mmo out there. But it can't be a carbon copy of 1999 with a new engine it has to be a balance of old school MMO with new technology.

• 1120 posts
    December 13, 2018 6:05 PM PST

Disscord said:

Just an FYI i said nothing about an LFR tool!!!! LFR should not be part of pantheon.

I agree 100% we don't want a /LFG tool that will teleport us to an instanced dungeon for a random daily dungeon run. but i do think a tool that will help players reduce the amount of time it takes to find a group and lets them start playing will only benefit pantheon.

As i have said in other posts if pantheon does not put in tools that will make the game accessible for the casual players they will just go play something else and all that will be left is us old EQ players running bots and that sucks. Just log into EQ now and take a run around PoK.

This means that we need to add in /lfg tools to help people group in the group centric game. Options for CR recovery, It also will mean instance raid zones, people are done with the days of the top guilds taking out the content every 7 days and holding other guilds back, people want to plan there raids now in 2018 ( On Thursday we are running Ntov 8pm - 10 pm..). I want Pantheon to be supper successful there is an entire generation of gamer out there that has never see this type of MMO, and lets face it, it's truly the best type of mmo out there. But it can't be a carbon copy of 1999 with a new engine it has to be a balance of old school MMO with new technology.

Oh dear.   I can see where this is headed. 

This post was edited by Porygon at December 13, 2018 6:05 PM PST