Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hey Everyone

• 4 posts
    December 6, 2018 12:42 PM PST
    Hail Adventurers! Glad to be a part of the community. I just pledged the other day and I am overjoyed that Pantheon is on it's way to an amazing launch. I've been following Pantheon for about six months now and seemingly have watched every Youtube video on the subject and all of the streams and the game just keeps looking better and better over time.

I started playing EQ in 1999 on Druzzil Ro. I played a shadow knight, ranger and bard. EQ went in a direction I didnt really like anymore with PoP, I tried to stick it out but quit in 2004. I switched to WoW, but that didn't last long. I quit shortly after openworld PVP switched to Battlegrounds.

After that, it would be years until I got back into MMOs. In 2012 (I think) I played an EQ clone called Shards of Dalaya. It was actually really good. I duo boxed a Ranger and Druid for a couple years but ultimately the game just kind of died out.

I tried getting into FF14 and ESO on PS4 but the combat was too fast and the UI (especially on FF14) was really bad. I was about to give up on the genre all together until I someone suggested I check out Pantheon.

Once I realized Brad McQuaid was running the show I knew I had to keep my eye on this game. EQ1 was the best game I've ever played because of the immersion. I recall one time, my friend and I made gnomes just to mess around with a new character. He made a warrior, I made a wizard. We were sleuthing around Ak'anon when we came across a gnomish mechanical torch by the moat just after the entrance. It was different from all the others because if you clicked it, it turned. No other torch did this. We spent 6 hours trying to find out if this torch did anything. During this time we just hung out and talked, we even had another gnome join in for a while and help us figure out if this did anything. Sadly we couldn't find anything out about this torch and if it operated anything in the zone, but it was FUN! Other MMOs are always about finding the next exclaimation point to get to max level, so the "real fun" can begin.

The real fun should start at level 1 and that's why I am ecstatic for Pantheon and look forward to seeing you guys in Terminus.
    • 1362 posts
    December 6, 2018 1:06 PM PST

Welcome  :)

• 489 posts
    December 6, 2018 1:11 PM PST

aw cool - Old EQ forever <3

More importantly: WELCOME BACK! Glad you are with us. Hail :)

This post was edited by Syrif at December 6, 2018 1:13 PM PST
    • 258 posts
    December 7, 2018 5:17 AM PST
    Welcome dude
    • 3833 posts
    December 7, 2018 3:43 PM PST

Welcome!