Forums » Pantheon Classes

Utility for DPS classes

• 245 posts
    December 3, 2018 10:09 PM PST

When it comes to the DPS classes, which all in their own way fill a fairly simple role; I hope each one brings some utility that compliments them with other similar classes and also potentially with different classes (ranged casters vs melee + tanks and priests).

Especially to allow a little extra utility for other classes to offset the current Enchanter which brings so much to the table.

Enchanter - Melee haste, casting haste, mana regeneration, enemy attack slow, enemy increase fizzle chance. Ontop of the main CC role.

I'd like to see buffs that the DPS classes can cast on others:

Monk - Melee haste (could stack with ENC) + STR buff (tanks, melee DPS)

Rogue - Poison or disease weapons procs + DEX buff (tanks, melee DPS)

Ranger - Nature based weapon procs + AGI buff (tanks, melee DPS) / spell hate reduction (priests and casters)

Wizard - Spell damage + INT buff (casters) / Elemental weapon proc (tanks, melee DPS)

Summoner - Spell haste + WIS buff (priests and casters) / damage shield ~ could stack with DRU? (tanks)

What utility would you like to see?

This post was edited by Ezrael at December 3, 2018 10:12 PM PST
    • 193 posts
    March 13, 2019 9:21 AM PDT

I'd like to see all classes have utility, actually, preferrably benefitting additional/other classes. It makes sense that a melee class would have utility to benefit melee, but might be interesting if it also benefitted casters. So, in your examples, the monks haste would also apply to spells. The rogue could give DEX for melee and +% to spell hit. Tanks could have +DEF or +AC for group members. Priest classes could give a bonus to avoidance or increased mitigation or regeneration. Utility, imo, encourages grouping and synergy, something I hope we see a lot of in Pantheon.

• 2 posts
    May 1, 2019 4:06 PM PDT

I loved that rangers and beastlords of EQ1 had little heals...even less so than a paladin.  I liked being able to heal up after a fight, or help out with a clutch off-heal.

• 5 posts
    May 6, 2019 2:34 AM PDT

I always liked how beastlords we're like mini shaman + Mana regen and attack buffs. Hopefully whatever buffs the main classes have, other classes have watered down versions. Or, even better....stackable versions!

• 346 posts
    May 19, 2019 12:29 PM PDT

Why limit DPS classes taking from the Bard or the Enchanter (Control/Support). Start giving DPS classes Heals, maybe some Health buffs, a rez here and there, perhaps some tank focuses so your Rogue can play an avoidance tank.

While I see your point, there are distinct roles for a reason. If you wanted to water down one role, you should expect that for the other two chief roles (Tanks and Healers).

This post was edited by Janus at May 19, 2019 12:29 PM PDT
    • 888 posts
    October 10, 2019 11:14 AM PDT
    I'd love to see every DPS class have a popular buff. Here are some ideas which fit thematically.

Monk: harmony buff which increases in combat and out of combat health regeneration for allies.

Ranger: momentum buff allies so that any time a power hits, it recharges faster.

Rogue: increases everyone's chance of critting.

Summoner: everyone teamed with the summoner will slowly have a Magic barrier materialize on them that absorbs damage. It would recharge slow and would be good for minimizing the first hit.

Wizard: buff depends on the school of magic used, but they all add additional damage to each teammates hit.