Forums » The Wizard

Wiz thoughts from latest stream

• 5 posts
    December 3, 2018 4:23 AM PST

Watching the most recent streams yesterday and watching the Wizard PoV, i actually got interested in playing a wizard which surprised me as not usually my cup of tea.

At the risk of theorycrafting too much i thought it was interesting looking at how fire spells increased dmg cost for mana cost with a stacking buff - made me think about the downranking comments the devs made and the options for fire spells to gain higher multipliers of successive casts for more dmg with less mana usage - the buff that stacks showed up on the right spell bar (i didn't spot it going above 5). It did seem to give you enough time to cast arcane schools for mana back before losing all your dmg buffs. I can see some interesting spell usage here depending on the engagement and one almost wonders if you could get a single wizzie to the point of one shotting some mobs with a single bar of mana with loads of stacks and some class synergy for debuffing those mobs assuming of course that you had a team that was able to permanently keep mobs in camp (and aggro wasn't an issue /cough). Short version - looks like a fun class to play maximising your burn/mana whilst not pulling mobs off the tanks - pleased they're looking like an interesting dps class!