Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Are you part of a gaming community?

• 5 posts
    December 9, 2018 12:49 PM PST

I joined Condemned (TEAMCND) months ago after seeing an interview with Kilson.  Everybody has been great and I can't wait for the game to come out so I can start having fun with my team and friends.

• 228 posts
    December 11, 2018 5:28 AM PST

I've been a member of Lux Arcana for more than a decade, albeit a passive one since I left Vanguard and the MMORPG scene. It was in our forums I first heard about Pantheon, and I expect that more guild members will take a closer look during beta or after launch.

• 48 posts
    December 11, 2018 10:58 PM PST

Nope, though I certainly would like to see some of my former guildies here (none that I can tell), and no family or friends who play these kinds of games irl. Guess I will have the opportunity to (very) slowly make new friends.

• 1785 posts
    December 11, 2018 11:10 PM PST

Define community :)

I tend to think of what we have on these forums (and elsewhere) as a community.  I definitely feel a part of that.

I also have my current and former guildmates from other games, which, while not as numerous as I would maybe would like, is certainly a group that I talk to about Pantheon.

But if you're asking if I'm part of some "gaming" community out there, independent of my guild or Pantheon itself?  No.  There was a time years ago when I thought about getting involved in one of those, but the truth is that my preferences and playstyle are different from a lot of other gamers.  It tends to be hard for me to identify with them and it's a bit uncomfortable at times.  So, most times I don't really feel like I fit very well in those communities.

• 27 posts
    December 13, 2018 5:52 PM PST

Old school MMO gamer here looking forward to many years playing this game! it truly has been what im looking forward to playing for quite some time. just joined up with Condemned (TEAMCND).

This post was edited by Bannik at December 13, 2018 5:53 PM PST
    • 14 posts
    December 25, 2018 6:58 PM PST

Yep. I just started promoting Pantheon on my Youtube channel. Only about 5600 subs, but growing... I'm doing my part!

• 11 posts
    December 26, 2018 5:23 AM PST

Used to be part of some smaller guilds in WoW and GW2 but they all kinda fell apart, now I can count who I talk to on one hand. We did enjoy to raid and do PvE, ocassionally PvP, but a large focus were RP. So we were not really hardcore by any means, although we did do other stuff than RP in our guild unlike some others. Which is also why we stuck with WoW for so long, since game after game kept making promises with regarding to foster a good RP environment then closer to release or even a couple of months later went "Lol, what even is RP, why should we care?". So we ended up being rather cautious in the end, once WoW didn't work for us anymore we just play FPS pretty much (only the officers of the guild around, hence so few).

I know one dude is a huge EQ fanboy though, so once I get back from my holiday I'll probably talk to them about it.

As negative as all this sounds, I do have high hopes for this game, even if there won't really be an RP scene (I wouldn't know). It's one of the few games that made me sit through 1 hour streams of very little banter and mainly showing game mechanics, so keep up the good work guys.

• 99 posts
    December 26, 2018 12:27 PM PST

Im in a guild that expands across multiple games if that makes sense our discord channel is insane... but i have tried to promote Pantheon but i keep getting met with it will flop like vanguard.. which i think is crap personally. i never played vanguard but i have turned prolly 20 people onto Pantheon mostly EQ players. Needless to say when it comes out and is awesome as i hope those 20guys being in a Pantheon discord channel will bring more and the doubters will change their mind its just going to take a actual release or date or something to get them in on it. There is about 200+ actives and 300 off and on people in our guild though.

This post was edited by Wobels at December 26, 2018 12:30 PM PST