Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Darkness Falls & Factions

• 18 posts
    November 30, 2018 4:57 PM PST

Shot out to one of my most fondly remembered zones - the tri-faction dungeon DF from DAoC.  

On a related note... 

A thought on factions - would be neat if players start out neutral towards each other, but could declare/express their love/hatred towards other players thereby creating 'organic' factions that evolve over time.

Players, Guilds, Alliances.... Factions!

• 125 posts
    June 13, 2019 9:19 AM PDT
    That’s the name of the original MUD that game was based off(I believe they ported as much of the code into DAOC if I remember correctly) credited for 3 faction pvp. I also agree it’s a great concept. EQ launches sullon and tallon Servers with 3 faction pvp- sullon has no pk lvl restrictions and was diety based and tallon was racial-would love to see these in pantheon along the post launch road. Great servers, great stories- a lot of toxic drama but it all ended up rewarding on a community level if you got over grudges.

I can’t imagine Brad and Mark Jacobs having anything but a friendly rivalry that I think deep down they both appreciate the motivation and dedication it inspires in their work.
    • 1584 posts
    June 13, 2019 1:05 PM PDT
    Talon and vallon had 4 factions, Elves, Human, Short, and evil
    • 125 posts
    June 13, 2019 4:22 PM PDT

Riahuf22 said: Talon and vallon had 4 factions, Elves, Human, Short, and evil

That’s right, been awhile.

Really hope they’re able to have a pvp shard on release- if not nbd I’m sure they’ll be some down the road.

• 3852 posts
    June 14, 2019 5:34 PM PDT

Darkness Falls was a wonderful place - even on Gaheris, the cooperative (no pvp) server.