Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Stream Summary: Nov 29, 2018

• 612 posts
    November 29, 2018 9:17 PM PST

So after the stream tonight (Nov 29, 2018) I went over it again to make some notes on the questions asked and such. So here is the Summary with links to the video footage for each question or explanation the Dev’s gave.

**** EDIT: Sarcoth edited the Stream footage to drop the 17 minutes of pre-stream countdown, which means that the timestamp links I had were about 17 minutes or so off. These should now be FIXED but if you find any errors where the Links don't take you to the part in the video that corresponds with the summary, please let me know ****

2:47 - 3:53 - Ben asks Joppa to explain what Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is about.

9:40 - 11:53 - Ben asks Joppa to explain the Dire Lord and what makes it unique to Pantheon.

11:59 - 12:36 - Ben explains that Pantheon is a group centric game. We do want people to group together. As things get more difficult it will take teamwork to get through it.

12:53 - 13:24 - Joppa explains the ‘consider’ (default C key) feature to show you how tough the monster is compared to your level.

18:02 - 18:51 - Ben explains the meditation skill used to speed up mana regen while sitting down. This gives them some ‘down time’ that is planned as part of the game.

18:52 - 20:10 - Joppa explains ‘Non-linear’ dungeon/zone style that Pantheon has that means there is no start and end to the dungeon. You more ‘inhabit’ an area of the dungeon and can move where you want. Also there can be multiple level ranges within the dungeon.

20:59 - 21:39 - Nibori asks about skill chains. Or just debuffs that lower resistances etc.

23:33 - 24:46 - Sarcoth asks: Will the perception system mechanics give any ‘in combat’ advantage. Joppa answers… At 24:46 Sarcoth loses connection and the stream jumps.

**EDIT**

Nibori Stream 23:17 - 25:11 - Since Sarcoth’s stream cut out, here is Joppa’s answer to the above Perception ‘in combat’ advantage question from Nibori’s Stream, so you get to hear the whole answer.

**END EDIT**

25:51 - 26:27 Jessica asks: Is the druid Hirode Pet not implemented yet. Joppa explains that it is just not in visually, and some Hirode pet abilities are not active. But some Hirode abilities do still work even though it is not showing Visually.

29:12 - 32:24 Jessica asks about zone design, noticing that as they moved ‘up’ in the dungeon things got more difficult, and wondered if this was a standard thing, or if it just happens to be how it works out in this particular zone. Joppa explains that there can be some content overlap. Multiple level ranges can co-exist in close proximity.

32:55 - 33:51 Nibori asks about death penalty.

33:57 - 39:12 Sarcoth asks about raiding. What will be the Max raid size. Will their be dragons. Joppa says raid size is 24 currently. They want to have ‘raid tier’ single group content. They also want 12 man (2 group) content. This does not say that there couldn’t be a 40 man raid. Yes Dragons, both hostile and non-hostile. They also want the progression of ‘epicness’ of raid targets they want to ramp up slowly and not jump to fighting God level targets right away. 38:21 Joppa mentions Flagging or Faction unlocks.

32:13 A random Guard NPC called ‘Thronefast Regular’ wanders by and stops to wave at Sarcoth and says “Everything appears to be safe here.” And then keeps on walking. Sarcoth doesn’t notice.

42:57 - 44:35 Nibori asks about Alternate Advancement points. Joppa explains progression will be mostly gear based. And acquiring Epic Abilities & Skills, Epic Items, etc… Long involved quests. Finding Masters out in the world and convince them to teach you.

46:01 - 48:19 Jessica asks about Lore, giving Joppa a chance to speak about the Perception system.

49:08 - 51:17 Nibori asks about PvP. Will be on PvP only servers. There will be no mixing PvP and PvE.

51:25 - 53:59 Jessica asks about Classes being able to customize themselves. Also mentioning Class identity within Roles. Joppa refers to a ‘soft specialization’ where you choose which abilities you have ready for a fight. You will also be able to go out into the world to find ‘special’ abilities and that will begin to differentiate players because players will have abilities that the base class will not have.

54:05 - 55:17 Joppa talks about class skill ceiling, where players who become much better at their class mechanics and synergies, players will be able to stand out from other players.

55:38 - 56:00 Ben explains that Paladin Ressurect spell ‘Atone’ requires reckoning points.

56:06 - 58:02 Sarcoth asks about Races Good vs Evil. Also asks about Racial abilities being passive or active. Joppa explains it’s not about Good or Evil but rather about alliances and hostilities. As for Racial abilities they want 1 Active and 1 Passive for each Race. More info will come in the future about these.

58:04 - 1:00:00 Jessica asks about adding anything that will make the game new player friendly.

1:01:05 - 1:01:29 Ben says that Harvesting is active in Pre-Alpha Phase 4 but Crafting will not be until next phase of Pre-Alpha which means there will be a Pre-Alpha Phase 5.

So there you have it... Hope this helps you find answers to questions you had.

This post was edited by GoofyWarriorGuy at December 1, 2018 3:35 PM PST
    • 1479 posts
    November 29, 2018 10:31 PM PST

Great summary goofy. Thanks for the input !

• 523 posts
    November 30, 2018 12:27 AM PST

To Sarcoth....couldn't you have cast the Druid DPS abilities just once so we could see the damage and effects.  Just one Lightning Bolt dude.....I mean, C'mon.....

• 1714 posts
    November 30, 2018 2:57 AM PST

Many thanks GWG. 

• 159 posts
    November 30, 2018 6:31 AM PST

Yeah, definately caught the drop about PA5.  For those holding their breath for alpha that means a push back to at least April/May by my math.

Also, noticed Bard in the allowable classes list on a few pieces of gear.  Not sure if that was part of gear tags in previous streams tho (was on the DL stream last night, he was looting everything lol)

This post was edited by Xilshale at November 30, 2018 7:16 AM PST
    • 1921 posts
    November 30, 2018 7:23 AM PST

Great overview and summary, GoofyWarriorGuy, much appreciated.

It's unfortunate, to me, that sitting to med now is the only thing shown?  In the past, they've shown you could meditate while standing.  It could be nice to find out if med will be sit only from this point forward, as ... it seems like a missed opportunity not to "fix" this problem from EQ, unless having casters sit 99% of their combat life is a design goal. :|  (sit, stand, cast, sit, stand, cast, sit, repeat)

No surprise about PA being pushed out, that was expected, from my perspective.

It's a shame Joppas explanation regarding the details of combat-related Perception was cut off.  That was some new/good info there.  Ah well, maybe next time.

Looks like meditation mana-regen rate out of combat is significantly slower now, compared to other streams. Looks like 3 minutes for zero to full is the current implementation, rather than 2 minutes, as shown previously, although clarity may have been a component there, iirc.  Hopefully that doesn't slip too much farther.

• 523 posts
    November 30, 2018 7:28 AM PST

Xilshale said:

Yeah, definately caught the drop about PA5.  For those holding their breath for alpha that means a push back to at least April/May by my math.

I don't think anyone should reasonably expect Alpha prior to mid-late 2019.  I think we'll see it about a full year from now personally.  They've stated what has to happen prior to Alpha being launched and that is roughly the completion of Kingsreach, all classes/races in the game, all abilities/spells fleshed up to level 40, and apparently harvesting/crafting to some degree.

They are definitely making some headway, but even the few zones that are somewhat "finished" have entire cities and buildings that need to be finished.  We haven't seen the Vae Wood, the Roans, the Silent Plains, the Steppes of Ru'lon (or the port city), the Silent Sanctum, the Seven Locked Door at all.  Not to mention whatever other zones or dungeons are to be created.  Last I heard, the older zones we've seen bits of like Wild's End, the Tower of the Reckless Magician, South Soal Peninsula are getting touched up and modernized.  When they did that to Avendyr's Pass, they esentially redid the entire zone.  

As for the stream, I thought the biggest news was crafting is coming in Pre-Alpha 5, while Druids do get a rez spell, just not by level 30.  

• 159 posts
    November 30, 2018 7:31 AM PST

vjek said:.

It's a shame Joppas explanation regarding the details of combat-related Perception was cut off.  That was some new/good info there.  Ah well, maybe next 

There were 2 other points of view to watch yesterday's stream from, and neither of them cut off so you can still catch the answer. 

• 3852 posts
    November 30, 2018 7:35 AM PST

Thanks for the summary.

• 159 posts
    November 30, 2018 7:37 AM PST

Mathir said:

They are definitely making some headway, but even the few zones that are somewhat "finished" have entire cities and buildings that need to be finished.  We haven't seen the Vae Wood, the Roans, the Silent Plains, the Steppes of Ru'lon (or the port city), the Silent Sanctum, the Seven Locked Door at all.  Not to mention whatever other zones or dungeons are to be created.  Last I heard, the older zones we've seen bits of like Wild's End, the Tower of the Reckless Magician, South Soal Peninsula are getting touched up and modernized.  When they did that to Avendyr's Pass, they esentially redid the entire zone.  

Do you really think they've shown everything they've worked on yet?  Not to say they're done everything by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd be shocked if there weren't some zones worked on that we haven't seen and wont well past when they are done.

And let's not forget, in the dire lord reveal stream, Joppa said soon after new years for alpha and then got corrected because "something pushed that back a little bit"..so they must have been closer then you're thinking.

• 2138 posts
    November 30, 2018 8:41 AM PST

Argh I missed it! I didnt see an announcement, here.

Will a you tube recording or link be provided, hopefully?

• 1281 posts
    November 30, 2018 9:16 AM PST

Xilshale said:

Also, noticed Bard in the allowable classes list on a few pieces of gear.  Not sure if that was part of gear tags in previous streams tho (was on the DL stream last night, he was looting everything lol)

Not necessarily.  They said that PA4 and above would be much shorter than the previous PAs in one of the previous streams, I forget which one.  They only have a handful of PA4 scheduled play says, so it's still entirely possible to have Alpha in 1Q, late 1Q like I have been guessing all along.

• 1281 posts
    November 30, 2018 9:18 AM PST

Mathir said:

Xilshale said:

I don't think anyone should reasonably expect Alpha prior to mid-late 2019.  I think we'll see it about a full year from now personally.  They've stated what has to happen prior to Alpha being launched and that is roughly the completion of Kingsreach, all classes/races in the game, all abilities/spells fleshed up to level 40, and apparently harvesting/crafting to some degree.

As for the stream, I thought the biggest news was crafting is coming in Pre-Alpha 5, while Druids do get a rez spell, just not by level 30.  

I think you are incorrect about when we should be "expecting Alpha, but that's my personal opinion, like yours is yours. They, actually, stated that Kingsreach would be "mostly finished" by pre-Alpha in previous streams.  That being said, they are re-working the whole contintent with the new graphiscs and lighting system.

• 1247 posts
    November 30, 2018 9:27 AM PST

Manouk said:

Argh I missed it! I didnt see an announcement, here.

Will a you tube recording or link be provided, hopefully?

Sarcoth posted this in ‘introductions’ (perhaps YouTube link has it to rewatch):

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/9695/two-days-till-the-pantheon-live-stream-i-m-hyped

I agree that imo there should be a sticky for these in support of the community here. 

This post was edited by Syrif at November 30, 2018 9:55 AM PST
    • 41 posts
    November 30, 2018 10:08 AM PST
    Wow. I did not know there even was a stream nor did I know that there will be multiple streams coming. Good to know.
    • 137 posts
    November 30, 2018 10:43 AM PST
    At what time in the stream can I see the lightning bolt graphic and bee swarm DoT
    • 595 posts
    November 30, 2018 11:14 AM PST

Shadestomp said: Wow. I did not know there even was a stream nor did I know that there will be multiple streams coming. Good to know.

Not to derail the thread, but I can't grasp why VR doesn't make an announcement of upcoming streams (simple forum post with names, nothing more), even if they aren't "official" VR streams.  Support for both the game and the community is at the core of this entire project.  Cross marketing can help both the game and the community (streamers) which then can create a feedback loop, further spreading the word - its a self-perpetuating system.  Otherwise, why are VR allowing the game to be streamed by the community to begin with?  And from a practicality standpoint, both Chris and Ben were present, playing and answering questions, so in my mind it is an official VR stream.  Anytime devs appear for an interview, written or live, community or otherwise, VR makes an announcement.  I can't understand why community streams are any different.  Further, from a PR standpoint I can't fathom how VR would simply allow the streamers to be responsible for marketing their game in the manner they see if, especially one in pre-alpha and under NDA.  

In fairness, Kilsin did provide links yesterday prior to the streams, but also stated that they would not be doing so in the future ("To help you out just this once, these are the streamers participating for these two streams").  I understand that there will be a lot of streams in the coming year, but VR has the list of streams who applied to the streamer program, just copy paste it into a thread so we know!

Kilsin said:

Hey guys,

These are not official streams, so we leave the advertising up to the streamers who are participating in them since it will be the same zones and stuff you guys have already seen us show off just with a different person/perspective, we don't want to bore you with repetitive spam from our official channels advertising the same zone with a different person each time.

Also, with the number of people in the streaming program, we will not be able to keep up advertising every single stream and therefore will be leaving it up to the streamers to advertise to their own communities/audience the details of their streams.

To help you out just this once, these are the streamers participating for these two streams (3 in one stream and 3 in another)

Kidritch - Kevin Koch - https://www.twitch.tv/kidritch

Fit For Gaming - Jessica K - https://www.twitch.tv/fitforgaming

Mr Happy - Michael Poveromo - https://www.twitch.tv/mrhappy1227

Gamer Fitness Group - Justan - https://www.twitch.tv/nibori

Sarcoth Haven - Nicholas - https://www.twitch.tv/sarcoth

Alexensual - Alex - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IBvDAR7vKlzXyuPxg4bPA

• 1247 posts
    November 30, 2018 11:20 AM PST

@Nikademis Exactly! 

• 1281 posts
    November 30, 2018 11:21 AM PST

Nikademis said:

Shadestomp said: Wow. I did not know there even was a stream nor did I know that there will be multiple streams coming. Good to know.

Not to derail the thread, but I can't grasp why VR doesn't make an announcement of upcoming streams (simple forum post with names, nothing more), even if they aren't "official" VR streams.  Support for both the game and the community is at the core of this entire project.  Cross marketing can help both the game and the community (streamers) which then can create a feedback loop, further spreading the word - its a self-perpetuating system.  Otherwise, why are VR allowing the game to be streamed by the community to begin with?  And from a practicality standpoint, both Chris and Ben were present, playing and answering questions, so in my mind it is an official VR stream.  Anytime devs appear for an interview, written or live, community or otherwise, VR makes an announcement.  I can't understand why community streams are any different.  Further, from a PR standpoint I can't fathom how VR would simply allow the streamers to be responsible for marketing their game in the manner they see if, especially one in pre-alpha and under NDA.  

In fairness, Kilsin did provide links yesterday prior to the streams, but also stated that they would not be doing so in the future ("To help you out just this once, these are the streamers participating for these two streams").  I understand that there will be a lot of streams in the coming year, but VR has the list of streams who applied to the streamer program, just copy paste it into a thread so we know!

Kilsin said:

Hey guys,

These are not official streams, so we leave the advertising up to the streamers who are participating in them since it will be the same zones and stuff you guys have already seen us show off just with a different person/perspective, we don't want to bore you with repetitive spam from our official channels advertising the same zone with a different person each time.

Also, with the number of people in the streaming program, we will not be able to keep up advertising every single stream and therefore will be leaving it up to the streamers to advertise to their own communities/audience the details of their streams.

To help you out just this once, these are the streamers participating for these two streams (3 in one stream and 3 in another)

As Kilsin has stated multiple times, these aer not VR streams, so it is up to the appropriate streamer(s) to announce them.

• 595 posts
    November 30, 2018 11:42 AM PST

Kalok said:

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

Hey guys,

As Kilsin has stated multiple times, these aer not VR streams, so it is up to the appropriate streamer(s) to announce them.

You quoted me, but I'm not entirely sure you read my post as I addressed this specifically. 

I believe that VR stating these aren't "official" streams is a fallacy.  Two devs were guiding streamers participating in their "Streamer Program", through their game.  These streams are only happening because VR are allowing them to happen and even developed a program specifically to facilitate them.  I don't see how that isn't official.  And further, what makes a stream "official".  Does it have to be hosted by a massive streamer like Cohh?  I love Cohh and watch his channel often, but I sure hope that's not the criteria.  Or is it that devs must be present on stream?  Because they were.  Or is simply just a matter of an official announcement (or lack thereof) which makes it "official"?  Then just make an announcement...why argue over semantics.

• 1281 posts
    November 30, 2018 12:16 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Kalok said:

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

Hey guys,

You quoted me, but I'm not entirely sure you read my post as I addressed this specifically. 

I believe that VR stating these aren't "official" streams is a fallacy.  Two devs were guiding streamers participating in their "Streamer Program", through their game.  These streams are only happening because VR are allowing them to happen and even developed a program specifically to facilitate them.  I don't see how that isn't official.  And further, what makes a stream "official".  Does it have to be hosted by a massive streamer like Cohh?  I love Cohh and watch his channel often, but I sure hope that's not the criteria.  Or is it that devs must be present on stream?  Because they were.  Or is simply just a matter of an official announcement (or lack thereof) which makes it "official"?  Then just make an announcement...why argue over semantics.

Well, given that their opinion is the one that counts, if they say that they're not official streams, they're not official streams.  Yes, I read your post.  I ws pointing out the silliness of you saying what you said given that you quotes Kilsin's post that they are not official streams.  There is a rather large difference between an official VR stream, and a stream through the Streamer Program.  Allowing something to happen is *NOT* the same thing as saying, "Hey....  This is official."  VR has had plenty of smaller streamers that have done an official stream.  Vress, Saicred, and KoopaTrooper come to mind.  In addition, they have had official streans that were done by non-gamer streamers, such as Jim Lee.

You're the only one "arguing over semantics".  They have stated that they are not official streams, they are not announcing them, and are leaving it up to the streamers themselves.  That seems pretty cut and dry to me.

• 1120 posts
    November 30, 2018 12:37 PM PST

As stated in the new community guidelines, this is a development board. Not a fan site.  VR obviously believes that there is no significant developments in these upcoming streams and doesnt feel the need to advertise them. 

Also. People that are already on the forums. Arent the players VR is trying to reach with these streams, they already have us, we've already seen multiple streams of the same thing.

If you are truly interested in everything pantheon. you should also be checking the reddit regularly, as usually the streams are announced there well before any comment is made here, this especially is the case for "non development" streams.

• 2138 posts
    November 30, 2018 1:12 PM PST

I think the streamers would want to make it known that they are showcasing, at least to the pantheon fans and not only to their own fanbase.

Now I understand why VR is doing this, grass-roots sort of thing, this is where the player base is, crowdfunding and all that why not crowdstreaming who needs a PR budget?, scatter-shot broadcast, word of mouth, social media, "niche" -look at bethesda- a new day is dawning, what-what...

but look at the Jim Lee stream- before it started the -whomp- of folks "raiding" the channel as that fellow stated- and perhaps assuming it was his own charisma and awesomeness that was drawing the sudden crowd :) Would not these other-than-cohh streamers also want somma dat? Would not those dedicated to the channel as viewers find themselves thrust up to levels of social prominence as they are the ones being responded to by the streamer over and above the crowd just from their mere familiarity amongst the sudden ocean of -polite and highly knowledgable-fantheons? Suddenly finding themselves bouyed on a sudden wave of bonhommie in that great sea of camraderie that is the chat room so filled by fantheons? I wonder.

Personally, I like seeing new players getting used to the game, that is what made the all-star streamers twitch so much fun to watch. Newbie mistakes are what its all about, thats where the magic is as far as I am conserned. Likewise, seeing flashes of brilliance or accidental great saves, the stuff that comes from game play.

• 523 posts
    November 30, 2018 1:23 PM PST

Why would VR want to show this off officially?  There's nothing new here.  It's BRK for the hundreth time (hyperbole) and the Druid didn't have half its ablities working (No tree, no fox, and actual abilities not in the game they would normally have at level 30).

Plus, the streamers sucked.  The Druid spent half his stream trying to fix his volume, hitting the bug report key, and seemingly reading his Twitch chat while the group was getting smashed.  The Dire Lord kept AoE'ing and breaking the Rogue mez, literally almost every single time.  The girl playing the Monk had never played melee before, never played EQ1, and had no idea how to feign death pull.  They had no Enchanter and the monk didn't know how to split, they were doomed.  Also, they only had five people as it looks like someone from VR had to bail out at the last minute or something.  The novelty was in seeing the Druid at all, and I think we all just like to listen to Joppa talk about the game.

Outside the fact they announced there will be a Pre-Alpha 5 and that the first pass at crafting will go live at that point was the big news.  The only news on the Druid was that lots of abilites weren't in yet and they get a rez at some point.

I'm not sure these streams had much positive impact outside of just getting some free advertising out to new channels.  That's literally the only value I think, and they are treating it that way by saying these streams have no new content and are not official.

Now, when they want to show off Faerthale, I'm sure that will be an official stream.  I guess it depends how much of the zone they actually have in though, and how much is just gray boxed.  

• 1247 posts
    November 30, 2018 1:34 PM PST

Porygon said:

As stated in the new community guidelines, this is a development board. Not a fan site.  VR obviously believes that there is no significant developments in these upcoming streams and doesnt feel the need to advertise them. 

Also. People that are already on the forums. Arent the players VR is trying to reach with these streams, they already have us, we've already seen multiple streams of the same thing.

If you are truly interested in everything pantheon. you should also be checking the reddit regularly, as usually the streams are announced there well before any comment is made here, this especially is the case for "non development" streams.

Not really.

Posting a sticky that points one’s community in the right direction for something that they are looking for doesn’t have to be ‘advertising’ I guess.

This post was edited by Syrif at December 4, 2018 7:34 AM PST