Forums » Support

Upgrading Pledge after pledge removal?

• 51 posts
    November 29, 2018 9:43 AM PST

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased the Pathfinder's Pledge which is quite expensive for anyone I'm sure. I was thinking about the Advisor's Pledge, but the only difference is an invitation to "The Founder's Guild." When researching what that actually is, no one (including the Dev team) has any idea what that will be as of yet. So I didn't purchase because I'm not a big fan of someone selling something that they don't even know what it is for an additional $50. This isn't meant to be disrespectful in anyway.

I was listening CohhCarnage's stream and heard the Dev's talking about removing the VIP pledges once the VIP pre-alpha goes live.

My question is are you allowed to upgrade your pledge (Example: Upgrading Pathfinder to Advisor or Cohort's)" in that bracket (Supporter, Champion's, VIP)  even if the pledge tiers are removed from purchasing? I understand you don't want more people than you expected getting into Alpha and Beta which is probably why you remove them from the purchasing pledge page, but if you are just upgrading in that specific teir, the only thing changing is the extra items/things.

The Dev's might not know what the Founders Guild will grant until Beta and by then the Champion's teir will be removed from purchasing.

UPDATE: I fully understand that pledges can be upgraded. What is not specified is if you can upgrade the pledge once pledge is removed from being purchased.

This post was edited by Sekurity at November 29, 2018 11:04 AM PST
    • 3 posts
    November 29, 2018 9:45 AM PST

go to support

• 51 posts
    November 29, 2018 9:46 AM PST

chimman said:

go to support

I'm sorry? Only thing in support that I'm seeing is opening a Ticket.

This post was edited by Sekurity at November 29, 2018 9:52 AM PST
    • 248 posts
    November 29, 2018 10:48 AM PST

Sekurity said:

My question is are you allowed to upgrade your pledge (Example: Upgrading Pathfinder to Advisor or Cohort's)" in that bracket (Supporter, Champion's, VIP)  even if the pledge tiers are removed from purchasing? I understand you don't want more people than you expected getting into Alpha and Beta which is probably why you remove them from the purchasing pledge page, but if you are just upgrading in that specific teir, the only thing changing is the extra items/things.

The Dev's might not know what the Founders Guild will grant until Beta and by then the Champion's teir will be removed from purchasing.

A little confused. I don't see anything removed from the pledge page. I also went into my subscription page and I can select any of the VIP tier.

• 472 posts
    November 29, 2018 10:50 AM PST

Sekurity said:

Go to the linky below. You should be able to upgrade from there. Just be sure that you're logged in. One more thing, when you upgrade it can take a few days before it shows up in your profile as they do them by hand. So if you don't see it change within a few business days you can submit a support ticket. They usually answer pretty quick.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/upgrade/

This post was edited by Kratuk at November 29, 2018 10:52 AM PST
    • 51 posts
    November 29, 2018 10:57 AM PST

Kratuk said:

Sekurity said:

Go to the linky below. You should be able to upgrade from there. Just be sure that you're logged in. One more thing, when you upgrade it can take a few days before it shows up in your profile as they do them by hand. So if you don't see it change within a few business days you can submit a support ticket. They usually answer pretty quick.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/join/upgrade/

I guess I wasn't clear with my original post. When Alpha is launched, the Champions tier is going to be removed from purchasing, so you won't be able to purchase said tier. I'm specifically asking once the tiers are removed from being purchased, will the upgrade choice also be removed? No player will know this, really only Dev's can answer.

• 51 posts
    November 29, 2018 11:00 AM PST

DracoKalen said:

Sekurity said:

A little confused. I don't see anything removed from the pledge page. I also went into my subscription page and I can select any of the VIP tier.

On CohhCarnages stream, the Dev's stated that the VIP pledges are going to be removed because they've hit their limit on people they want in the VIP pre alpha stage. So my question for a Dev (because no player would know) is when they do remove the VIP pledge, and lets say they were the lowest tier VIP pledger, would they still beable to upgrade a tier even when the VIP pledges are removed to gain those additional rewards.

I fully understand that you can upgrade your pledge. It is not specified if you can upgrade once the pledges are removed.

This post was edited by Sekurity at November 29, 2018 11:01 AM PST
    • 472 posts
    November 29, 2018 11:01 AM PST

Sekurity said:

I guess I wasn't clear with my original post. When Alpha is launched, the Champions tier is going to be removed from purchasing, so you won't be able to purchase said tier. I'm specifically asking once the tiers are removed from being purchased, will the upgrade choice also be removed? No player will know this, really only Dev's can answer.

Ah. Gotcha. My apologies. I must have misunderstood what I was reading. ;p

Not sure if it will but I would assume once it's gone, it's gone. May have to ping Kilsin for confirmation on that though.

• 51 posts
    November 29, 2018 11:29 AM PST

Kratuk said:

Sekurity said:

Ah. Gotcha. My apologies. I must have misunderstood what I was reading. ;p

Not sure if it will but I would assume once it's gone, it's gone. May have to ping Kilsin for confirmation on that though.

No need to apologize. How does one ping someone?

• 472 posts
    November 29, 2018 11:44 AM PST

You could either try sending Kilsin a DM on the site or submit a general inquiry ticket at the linky here.
    https://www.pantheonmmo.com/support/

But if we're lucky maybe Kilsin will see this before you do and answer it here. But they have a stream later tonight I think so they might be a little busy. So the support inquiry may be the best bet.

This post was edited by Kratuk at November 29, 2018 11:46 AM PST
    • 51 posts
    November 29, 2018 12:36 PM PST

Kratuk said:

You could either try sending Kilsin a DM on the site or submit a general inquiry ticket at the linky here.
    https://www.pantheonmmo.com/support/

But if we're lucky maybe Kilsin will see this before you do and answer it here. But they have a stream later tonight I think so they might be a little busy. So the support inquiry may be the best bet.

Alright thanks. I'm new to this forum, so I wasnt sure if there was something like @Kilsin like feature. It's not that time sensitive. I'll let it ride in here to test and see if the Dev's are really reading the forums :)

• 1471 posts
    November 29, 2018 12:42 PM PST

I agree with you Sekurity :) 

• 2522 posts
    November 29, 2018 2:08 PM PST

I'm pretty sure the pledges are not removed but what IS removed at times are certain perks within the different tiers. So they might remove alpha from champion pledges at some point but they won't remove the champion tiers. 

• 495 posts
    November 29, 2018 2:49 PM PST

Iksar said: I'm pretty sure the pledges are not removed but what IS removed at times are certain perks within the different tiers. So they might remove alpha from champion pledges at some point but they won't remove the champion tiers.

This was my understanding as well. The Pledge Tier probably will not be removed, but rather they could remove the Specific perk from that Tier that grants Alpha access. So all the other Perks for that pledge will still be available.

So unless you think that they might decide to remove the 'Founders Guild' perk sometime in the future, I don't think you need to worry about it not being available. Of course, once the game launches, all the Pledge Tiers will likely go away, so as long as you act before then, you should still be able to get into the Founders Guild (whatever that turns out to be).

• 8694 posts
    November 29, 2018 3:07 PM PST

Sekurity said:

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased the Pathfinder's Pledge which is quite expensive for anyone I'm sure. I was thinking about the Advisor's Pledge, but the only difference is an invitation to "The Founder's Guild." When researching what that actually is, no one (including the Dev team) has any idea what that will be as of yet. So I didn't purchase because I'm not a big fan of someone selling something that they don't even know what it is for an additional $50. This isn't meant to be disrespectful in anyway.

I was listening CohhCarnage's stream and heard the Dev's talking about removing the VIP pledges once the VIP pre-alpha goes live.

UPDATE: I fully understand that pledges can be upgraded. What is not specified is if you can upgrade the pledge once pledge is removed from being purchased.

Hi Sekurity,

I have moved this to the support subforum as it is a support question but to answer your question, most likely the upgrade option will be removed too.

We remove them to control testing numbers and to stop people paying for a small upgrade then gaining testing access and then trying to refund, so often you will see us remove the pledge and the upgrade option, we may return both if we want to increase testing numbers at any given time.

Usually, I will tell people to purchase whichever pledge suits you as soon as you can afford to do so to minimise the risk of missing out on rewards or testing access because we will remove them without notice sometimes.

I hope that answers your question mate :)

• 51 posts
    November 30, 2018 4:58 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Sekurity said:

Good afternoon,

Hi Sekurity,

I have moved this to the support subforum as it is a support question but to answer your question, most likely the upgrade option will be removed too.

We remove them to control testing numbers and to stop people paying for a small upgrade then gaining testing access and then trying to refund, so often you will see us remove the pledge and the upgrade option, we may return both if we want to increase testing numbers at any given time.

Usually, I will tell people to purchase whichever pledge suits you as soon as you can afford to do so to minimise the risk of missing out on rewards or testing access because we will remove them without notice sometimes.

Thanks Kilsin. Yes it pretty much sums it up. I just hope you guys have what the Founders Guild actually is before Alpha so if it is really neat, I would upgrade. But as I stated in my post, I'm not too fond of buying something that the sellers don't even know what it is.

Anyway, keep up the great work and thanks for responding in such a hasty manner. Another gold star :)

• 8694 posts
    November 30, 2018 3:28 PM PST

Sekurity said:

Kilsin said:

Sekurity said:

Good afternoon,

Hi Sekurity,

Thanks Kilsin. Yes it pretty much sums it up. I just hope you guys have what the Founders Guild actually is before Alpha so if it is really neat, I would upgrade. But as I stated in my post, I'm not too fond of buying something that the sellers don't even know what it is.

Anyway, keep up the great work and thanks for responding in such a hasty manner. Another gold star :)

YES! My gold star collecting grows :D

Yw mate, and yeah, I will push the team again to see if we can pinpoint what the Founder's Guild will be but I would imagine something like a faction or NPC exclusive to Founder's Guild, maybe a small area etc. it won't be an actual guild like you would join a player guild but we will try to make it something cool and enjoyable nonetheless. :)

Hope that helps you understand our line of thinking, anyway.