Forums » Support

help with new PC pls :)

• 14 posts
    November 27, 2018 5:11 AM PST

Hi,

I'm in the process of buying a new laptop (has to be a laptop since it will be used by the rest of the family). Here's what I'm looking to buy and I just want to make sure I'll be able to play Pantheon and won't need to upgrade it within a year or two. Sorry I'm not very good with computers...

Alienware 17 R5Alienware 17 R5

Video CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 OC with 8GB GDDR5

Processor8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8750H (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64bit English

LCD

17.3" FHD 1920x1080 60Hz Anti-Glare 300-nits IPS Black Chassis

Memory32GB 2x16GB DDR4-2666MHz,

Hard Drive256GB M.2 PCIe SSD + 1TB 7200RPM SATA HDD

WirelessKiller 1550 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0

Primary BatteryLithium Ion (99 Wh) Battery

Power Supply240W Power Adapter

This post was edited by streen at November 27, 2018 5:13 AM PST
    • 7 posts
    November 27, 2018 6:27 AM PST

You should not need to upgrade this in the next year or 2. Solid specs all around. The only consideration "might" be to check the price difference if you were to look into a 1080 or 2070 video card. 

• 248 posts
    November 27, 2018 6:54 AM PST

I could not find anything for minimum or recommended specs for this game. Or what the devs are thinking on the subject.

That being said that system should be good for many years.

• 7 posts
    November 27, 2018 7:15 AM PST

DracoKalen said:

I could not find anything for minimum or recommended specs for this game. Or what the devs are thinking on the subject.

I would also like to know what the specs are for Pantheon well ahead of launch. It would seem to be information that would already be available. I want to be ready with the best set up once Beta is ready to go.

• 7 posts
    November 27, 2018 7:18 AM PST

QuoteReport

It is impossible for us to release min/rec specs without first gathering large amounts of data from our testing sessions when we release them, so you will rarely see a game this early in development release those estimates.

We have devs running Pantheon on mid-range gaming machines built within the last 3 years, it won't be a heavy graphical impact on your PC but we will provide options to change the scale and settings in order to best suit your PC when the game is released.

Kilsin posted this in the forums mid last year.

This post was edited by Leitbur at November 27, 2018 7:18 AM PST
    • 1654 posts
    November 27, 2018 7:30 AM PST

My only note is, I have 12 wireless devices in my house, including 5 wireless computers.  They all work fine, except the computer with the Killer Wireless card in it.  It has frequent drops and requires me to manually reconnect to the network (after it drops a connection, it won't automatically reconnect).  It's the Killer Wireless 1535 card, so you may get different results with yours.  I personally will likely never go with a Killer Wireless card again, because it cost more, I didn't see much of a speed boost from it and it has those frequest drops.

• 14 posts
    November 27, 2018 11:26 AM PST

thanks all for the info!

• 162 posts
    January 10, 2019 7:16 AM PST

a little late to the party, but system looks good. I would only really change the drives. 256gb nvme is a bit much for an OS and a bit low for games, and hard drive 1TB is good in size, but a bit slow for game load times (when travelling in mmo's and having to cross multiple zone lines, this can become a nuisance) . I would consider upgrading the 1TB to atleast an SSD. minimum 512gb for storing the games (they tend to take up space nowadays). For family picture's and the likes, i really would recommend getting off-system storage (NAS, removable hard drive, the cloud etc.)