Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What class will you choose

• 14 posts
    November 28, 2018 6:09 PM PST

Enchanter / Train Stopper

• 5 posts
    November 29, 2018 6:55 AM PST

I'm most likely going to go Gnome Enchanter! Gnomes look so dang interesting, and I'll go that route even harder should illusions be available to be every kind of race!

• 5 posts
    November 29, 2018 5:27 PM PST

Enchanter all the way!

• 36 posts
    December 1, 2018 11:15 PM PST

Dark Myr Wizard all the way.

Once the Necromancer is released I'll be making one of those too :)

This post was edited by Drauk4131 at December 1, 2018 11:17 PM PST
    • 3 posts
    December 2, 2018 5:34 AM PST

Enchanter or Druid I think.

• 3 posts
    December 2, 2018 8:01 AM PST

I will be an enchanter in a regular weekly group.

My main will be a summoner.

Once my alt-itis kicks in, however, I will have one of everything.    :-)

• 79 posts
    December 3, 2018 9:08 AM PST

Probably start out as a Dire Lord but as soon as the Necromancer is released will switch permenately to that class.  I love playing pet classes.

• 334 posts
    December 3, 2018 10:13 AM PST

At least it seems there won't be any shortages of Enchanters or healers when Pantheon launches.

• 61 posts
    December 3, 2018 11:16 AM PST

Upon first character creation screen, I will likely make three characters at start:

1. Rogue

2. Dire Lord

3. Enchanter

In the end, i will likely have tried every class. Whether they will actually stay an active toon on my account will be decided on enjoyment.

• 153 posts
    December 5, 2018 10:06 AM PST

im going to play the class that the majority says sucks to prove them wrong XD

• 1247 posts
    December 5, 2018 10:08 AM PST

Riqq said:

im going to play the class that the majority says sucks to prove them wrong XD

Right on! :)

• 4 posts
    December 5, 2018 11:40 AM PST
    Paladin or Warrior as I love tanking.
    Maybe Dwarf?
    • 3 posts
    December 5, 2018 2:31 PM PST

Halfling Bard, but if the Bard is not available I will have a hard time choosing between Wizard and Enchanter. 

• 1247 posts
    December 5, 2018 2:41 PM PST

Vegas said:

Halfling Bard, but if the Bard is not available I will have a hard time choosing between Wizard and Enchanter. 

I’ll be playing Warrior, but let’s hope Bard and Necro will be in game soon. :)

This post was edited by Syrif at December 20, 2018 7:00 AM PST
    • 346 posts
    December 5, 2018 6:22 PM PST

Syrif said:

I’ll be playing warrior, but let’s hope Bard and Necro will be in game soon. :)

My estimates are that Bard will be in concept by mid Alpha and likely in by then to late Alpha. Necro however may be delayed until release. It will depend on how long they take with Alpha. 

• 1247 posts
    December 5, 2018 6:30 PM PST

@Janus awesome :) 

• 178 posts
    December 9, 2018 6:46 PM PST

I would like to lean toward rogue. But not for the DPS aspect. I like to be part of a class with a unique set of abilities and do a bunch of different things. I was a thief back in the pen and paper days of D&D. I was a rogue in EQ and loved doing potions. I loved hide and sneak. I loved pick locks and detect traps. Sure, not much could be done, but at the time there was a feeling that there would be a lot of those rogue abilities implemented. I really want to be a rogue like that. But the fear I have of a DPS-centric class just puts a seed of doubt in me that has me searching for another option that can fulfill an odd assortment of other abilities that I can engage in. My rogue in EQ engaged in pottery, obviously, to make vials.

So far, there is no bard - another class from EQ that I loved.

Whichever class seems best defined as utility and support will probably be where I will initially settle. I still keep looking at rogue. Just not settled on a class, yet.

• 49 posts
    December 9, 2018 8:46 PM PST

Enchanter here... There is nothing better than a group with a solid enchanter to haste the group and to mez the mobs. Alternatively, a group without an enchanter is quite painful. Experience is slower and you get more frequent wipes. By me being an enchanter it ensures I'll never have to go without one. Also, I played an enchanter in EQ and the playstyle was super intense and fun

• 346 posts
    December 9, 2018 9:58 PM PST

Evade said:

By me being an enchanter it ensures I'll never have to go without one. Also, I played an enchanter in EQ and the playstyle was super intense and fun

I often joked that 'every group I was in had an Enchanter, so I never saw what the issue was with getting one'. This with guildies and people hearing that who knew full well that's all I ever played for seven years.

I feel like the numbers will switch up when Bard is unveiled in mid to late Alpha and the thing about the class is, in EQ when the numbers were extremely low, you had a lot of people make an alt Enchanter because of how demanded they were. For reference, below this paragraph is the listing of the numbers in EQ, Beta Phase 3. That spread was very similar when the game went live as well. The majority of them I followed on my server for instance, about 90 or so at the time and only about 10 of those ever made it past 30. Some would quit after Charm at level 12, others after Clarity and would merely turn their Enchanter into a buff bot for cash.

The class in Pantheon will likely end up the same way as in EQ just before Kunark, where you'll have a lot of people playing the Enchanter or even the Bard but then numbers will dwindle. Right now though, high numbers seem about on par with grouping potential and seems to be the only archetype that's the leveling amount with Healers and Tanks being over represented and DPS being under represented.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S3oS2Ksbltt5tA3Sf5nO6Xod4goODaPFUYPwuWfhNsU/edit?usp=sharing

This post was edited by Janus at December 9, 2018 10:01 PM PST
    • 2 posts
    December 9, 2018 10:03 PM PST

Well I was thinking Wiz, Bard, or Enc.  Still in the air until we know more and get to actually play though.

This post was edited by Remnant at December 9, 2018 10:04 PM PST
    • 48 posts
    December 9, 2018 10:10 PM PST

Originally, this would have been easy, but I don't like my favorite class as it currently stands (Ranger), so I am not sure. TBH, I plan to use alpha/beta more as a test to see if I can enjoy a different class more than proper alpha/beta, though I will try to at least do a minimum there.

There is definitely merit to playing a more desired class, I doubt that during my time in eq/eq2 that the amount I had a bard OR an enchanter in group exceeded 20%. That and Rangers have just never been valuable, even if they are fun to play (which is what I think the Pantheon Ranger is going to be).

• 346 posts
    December 9, 2018 10:16 PM PST

Merkades said:

Originally, this would have been easy, but I don't like my favorite class as it currently stands (Ranger), so I am not sure. TBH, I plan to use alpha/beta more as a test to see if I can enjoy a different class more than proper alpha/beta, though I will try to at least do a minimum there.

There is definitely merit to playing a more desired class, I doubt that during my time in eq/eq2 that the amount I had a bard OR an enchanter in group exceeded 20%. That and Rangers have just never been valuable, even if they are fun to play (which is what I think the Pantheon Ranger is going to be).

If the polls remain consistent through Alpha and into Beta, any DPS class may be valuable. I also expect a shift where there's an opening in most groups.

• 48 posts
    December 10, 2018 12:33 AM PST

Janus said:

Merkades said:

If the polls remain consistent through Alpha and into Beta, any DPS class may be valuable. I also expect a shift where there's an opening in most groups.

If the class skills remain consistent, I would literally rather have two rogues or 1 rogue 1 monk than a 1 of either plus a ranger, with the sole exception being if there was a need to hunt a named mob that roamed. But we will see, things could change. But anyhow, I will leave this at this, I don't want to derail this thread.

• 75 posts
    December 10, 2018 10:45 AM PST

I think I finally settled on Summoner. My only potential regret is the epic ability to summon a pet for someone else to use. I am hoping there is some cool hidden benefit that makes it actually a cool ability for a summoner to have.

• 132 posts
    December 10, 2018 12:14 PM PST

What a difficult question.

Im very drawn to several.

Summoner

Druid 

I did really want to try ranger but that has changed.