Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What class will you choose

• 19 posts
    November 25, 2018 12:21 AM PST
    Curious of what all everyone is looking at playing for classes. Myself, I'm thinking either a shaman or summoner. Honestly though from what I've seen and read, every class will have that special niche that makes them both valuable and fun to play
    • 145 posts
    November 25, 2018 1:16 AM PST

i am going to play wizard and shaman first and then i really dont know will hopefully get to try all of the classes at some point

• 643 posts
    November 25, 2018 3:56 AM PST

Well my favorite race is hafling but my favorite class is enchanter.

Unfortunately, I have to give up my favorite race/lore/etc and play an elf Enchanter

• 20 posts
    November 25, 2018 4:28 AM PST

I will play shaman :)

But maybe try all classe during the alpha/beta :)

• 523 posts
    November 25, 2018 5:19 AM PST

Tougher decision than most MMOs, they've done a nice job with the class individuality and descriptions, really want to play each one for different reasons.  Primary class is going to be a Paladin though.

• 1281 posts
    November 25, 2018 5:28 AM PST

nfab said: Curious of what all everyone is looking at playing for classes. Myself, I'm thinking either a shaman or summoner. Honestly though from what I've seen and read, every class will have that special niche that makes them both valuable and fun to play

Rogue all the way.

• 1247 posts
    November 25, 2018 6:51 AM PST

Dwarf Warrior.

This post was edited by Syrif at December 20, 2018 7:00 AM PST
    • 4 posts
    November 25, 2018 6:56 AM PST

Human Warrior & Human female Druid team 

• 1120 posts
    November 25, 2018 7:20 AM PST

Human warrior with human cleric box. 

• 29 posts
    November 25, 2018 7:40 AM PST

I almost always main a Cleric, I main a Necro in EQ right now, and the Ranger looks really fun with swapping between melee and ranged. Bards are really fun also, so if they introduce Bards before launch then I'll be pulled in yet another direction. Decisions.

• 1479 posts
    November 25, 2018 8:29 AM PST

Surely Direlord, that will be my first test for sure.

• 627 posts
    November 25, 2018 8:47 AM PST
    I'll main a Shaman and twink my alt monk Bambam as much as possible. I also want to try Direlord and the enchanter and the summoner if bard hits the launch I'll have to look at that also. No boxing for me that's just lame ;)
    • 2138 posts
    November 25, 2018 8:49 AM PST

I am still deciding. I like being support/caster but then again I feel- wrongly I know- sort of like the protected waif in a raid or multigroup situation with the one healer as if the healer is stuck with the casters like the one college age adult at the kids table at thanksgiving.

still not sure- but may end up support/caster or hybrid melee

• November 25, 2018 9:31 AM PST

I will probably go as a human summoner, but I am also exited to try a necromancer when it comes out!

• 947 posts
    November 25, 2018 9:32 AM PST

Syrif said:

Human Dire Lord. Dwarf Chanter alt.

(I hope there are restrictions on boxing as well).

Since the accounts will be paid subscriptions I don't think there will be restricitons on boxing but the devs have said that the game is challenging enough that most people will have a very difficult time doing the typical boxing.

As far as my main character I'm debating between Druid or Enchanter depending on how/if the Bard is at release.  Dark Myr all the way.  I will likely make a tank alt/twink - I find that you can usually get a better understanding of other classes' capabilities when playing a support role and they are typically less gear dependent.  

• 1247 posts
    November 25, 2018 9:53 AM PST

@Darch Fair enough. 

I just think boxing is lame, no offense meant. ;)

This post was edited by Syrif at November 25, 2018 10:21 AM PST
    • 49 posts
    November 25, 2018 10:08 AM PST

All of them. I will admit that I have always had little interest in the Monk class, but since I am so interested in every other class I might as well make a Monk too to complete the collection. The main decision I have to make is which class will I play first! It's too hard to decide that currently. I probably won't make that decision until the game is much closer to launch. My first character will probably be a Dark Myr though, and since they can't be Paladins, Rangers, or Shamans (currently anyway) then I guess those classes are out of the running for my first pick.

• 52 posts
    November 25, 2018 10:14 AM PST

Cleric, Dark Myr. Female.  <3

• 11 posts
    November 25, 2018 10:53 AM PST

Leaning heavily towards Ogre Druid.

• 7 posts
    November 25, 2018 11:00 AM PST

Skar Monk! I just hope they have individualized graphics for monk armor, Skar in Shaolin armor doesn't seem to fit :)

• 77 posts
    November 25, 2018 12:06 PM PST

Archai Shaman, or human summoner or rogue. Though all the classes look interesting.

• 560 posts
    November 25, 2018 12:28 PM PST

If I can pick anything I want it would be a bard. Seeing as that will likely not be an option in beta it would be rouge. But I feel my choices will be constrained by my group of friend’s choices and a more pivotal role will be needed. If a tank is needed I would play a paladin, if healer I will hope a druid can fill the role.

• 1120 posts
    November 25, 2018 1:29 PM PST

Syrif said:

@Darch Fair enough. 

I just think boxing is lame, no offense meant. ;)

Why?

• 287 posts
    November 25, 2018 3:01 PM PST
    Probably ogre shaman or druid.
    • 5 posts
    November 25, 2018 3:44 PM PST

I have Cleric and Ranger as my front runners right now. That might change once I get my hands on the game itself because I honestly like most of the classes in their descriptions. As a side note if Bard gets to be a real thing that would be a tie with Ranger with my interests. :)