Forums » Developer's Journal

Rare spawns

• 14 posts
    November 22, 2018 5:54 AM PST

Will you guys be adding "Rare Spawns" on a timer and or giving us things we need to do to spawn a ..oh lets say Ancient Cyclops type mob? Please do that!!! =)

• 51 posts
    November 30, 2018 6:22 AM PST

I like rare spawns but what I like even more is rare NPC's that could appear randomly in the world to give players a chance to follow rumor, myth, legends.. 

Perhaps an NPC appears in town, a merchant, stranger, or even a dirty beggar. 

Let us say it's a beggar who when engaged tells a story of a lost city in the jungles of Arathor that seemed to be buried by the passage of time. What great power's could reside there or perhaps great evil.

Could this lost city have lost treasures? Could it have lost knowledge?

I would like to see more thought to introducing what I consider Dungeon's and Dragon type elements to this MMO. Let's not make the game a continous gear progression repetitive cyle that I feel has been way overly done in many MMO's.

~ CaffeineInjected ~ 

• 14 posts
    December 8, 2018 10:01 AM PST

I love it CaffeineInjected! I really enjoy any type of searching rare characters and camping out rare NPC's for loot upgrades/mats.   They really have a chance to do this right. I bet we get it in the long run. Fingers crossed! =)

• 11 posts
    February 18, 2019 10:03 AM PST

One of my favorite things from EQ was the allure of possibly spawning a Skeletal Warlord in Karnor’s Castle and him possibly having a TStaff. I think it was like a 5% chance to spawn him from a PH and a 1% drop rate on the TStaff (felt that way anyway). It made it really exciting to see one drop or to see someone using one, knowing how lucky you had to be to even see one drop, let alone winning it, or how much plat you had to save to buy one. I also liked how the Warlord could spawn in all sorts of different areas, so multiple groups in the same dungeon had a chance of seeing one. Static PHs are great and have their place too, but I hope that this type of random spawn with highly desirable rare drops will make it into Terminus.

This post was edited by Tettnang at February 18, 2019 10:10 AM PST
    • 14 posts
    March 13, 2019 2:40 AM PDT

Foleybot300 said:

Will you guys be adding "Rare Spawns" on a timer and or giving us things we need to do to spawn a ..oh lets say Ancient Cyclops type mob? Please do that!!! =)

i woulkdnt mind if they would just make a reskinned everquest like the world full of dangerous random stuff.. random KOS npc who would punch you to death / random npc for unknown purpose and the world full of mysterious and secret passage