Forums » The Summoner

Summon Behemoth - what happens to the base ability?

• 498 posts
    November 19, 2018 12:00 AM PST

Had this thought: Imagine you're a summoner and are using our summon creature ability to help out your friendly enchanter. Then you come across this mystic summoner NPC, talk to him, do a quest, and voila! You now have the summon behemoth ability. Great! But...your friendly chanter doesn't have direcharm yet, so summoning monsters is out of the window...

- Will summoners retain the ability to "Summon Creature" when they evolve it into "Summon Behemoth"?
    - Or will they have to wait until their enchanter friends catch up and get dire charm first before they can evolve their spell?
    - What about PUGs, where you cannot assume that random chanters will have dire charm yet...will our synergy spell be useless there?

From looking at the evolved abilities of several classes, it seems like they replace the original abilities. But I would argue that in case of the summoner, it would be beneficial, almost required, to keep both abilities. This would also be pretty much mandatory for cases like mentoring.

This post was edited by Sarim at November 19, 2018 12:02 AM PST
    • 1157 posts
    November 19, 2018 9:54 AM PST

I can see your point on this but I suspect that Summon Behemoth will not replace Summon Creature.  They will exist concurrently and you choose which you want to use.  You would be right that to have Behomoth replace Creature would, in groups where you would need an Enchanter and one with Dire Charm, be totally useless and deprives the Summoner of its core ability that of summoning elementals.

• 126 posts
    December 11, 2018 1:34 AM PST

I really hope they release more information on this ability soon. It bummed me out to have an epic ability be " Summon Pet for Another Class ". I don't mind abilities with synergy, but summon deadly monster that wants to kill you so another class can use it as a pet feels like it falls short.