Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Most Embarrassing EQ Moment?

• 5 posts
    November 17, 2018 4:17 AM PST

I had lots. But one time guild was raiding, waiting in underground throneroom for big mob to spawn. We were all shrunk (I did that) but I got bored of waiting so bounced about on the throne - and got stuck behind it. I couldn't get out, and so kept quiet. Seeing bits of me sticking out, and I guess wondering what I was up to, gradually one by one most of the rest of the raid joined me - getting stuck too. Embarrassment being universal, nobody said a thing, until there were so many of us behind there that we were left with no choice but to quietly port out..none of us ever mentioned the episode again. Luckily I was already known for creating comic disasters so my rep was not harmed :)

• 1479 posts
    November 17, 2018 4:25 AM PST

My guild was newly raiding NTov and we got Aaryonar down. While my guild was rezzing/rebuffing, as a rogue I wanted to scout a bit and stepped down the "one way" path which was already a very bad move by itself.

I ended beeing seen, or dropping Hide due to stress and missing my hotkey, and aggroed some mobs. I remember using the SoS AA to instantly hide but one drake had a casting started on me and his nuke landed after my SoS and broke my hide again. I died in a corner and had to rely on my guild to recover my corpse, like moron :(.

• 5 posts
    November 17, 2018 6:07 AM PST

Just remembered more...spent a week getting left behind complaining to my groups about the cursed fog everywhere..then realised that I still had my farclip plane set to 5% after a mooch around the old bazaar..remember when you had to do that or walk around there staring at your own feet to beat the dreadful lag? Then there was the time after another bit of trading that I went into battle against an ice giant waving two opal-encrusted steins..

I hope these revelations are not scuppering my chance of ever finding a guild :)

This post was edited by stormzee at November 17, 2018 6:11 AM PST
    • 190 posts
    November 17, 2018 11:11 AM PST

Being a newb and logging into a new server. "Oh look, Tallon Zek. Why's it red? Huh." Make a new character, level up a bit, realize that I didn't get killed by the mob I was fighting, it was a player. Ran back to my corpse, died to same player. Ran back. Died to same player. Rinse, repeat because he was camping the area. Log out, delete character. Went back to being a bluebie for a loooooong time. I freaking hate spawn campers.

• 11 posts
    November 17, 2018 2:53 PM PST

I wouldnt call it embarrassin, but I had a certain reputation on my server(Ayonea Ro), that if you killed me during a raid good loots dropped. I was know as the sacrificial shaman. Malo slow summoned dead.... NOW LOADING

• 470 posts
    November 17, 2018 6:28 PM PST

I'll just go with my newbie years. I made a lil mage that managed to get to level 4. I then ventured for the first time into the western commonlands (yes, we all know it was a bad idea now but I was feeling adventurous). I walked up a hillside where I heard this repeated ~swoosh, swoosh, swoosh~ sound. I looked around and as I turned back I saw these two big, beaty eyes staring at me as a hill giant come strolling up the hill. Welp, I made a run for the zone line and like any good magician, I sent my pet in to take one for the team. After all, while it's eating him it would give me a chance to get away.

Here's a brief articulation of how that went.

http://www.gucomics.com/20000714

I permad that character. I couldn't think of a better end for him at that point to be honest.

This post was edited by Kratuk at November 17, 2018 6:29 PM PST