Forums » Pantheon Classes

Rogues Fetured Abilities.

• 16 posts
    November 14, 2018 10:58 PM PST

I am wondering if the Rogues will get a climb skill to complement the Length of Rope Featured Ability? Becuase what good will the Featured Ability Length of Rope be if the rogue can not get up to the raised location first to use it? Maybe the devs and Brad need to look at giving the rogues climbing tools to allow them to scale or climb structures or terrain to make the Length of Rope Featured Ability viable. Or add climbing points that only rogues can use in special areas. 

DAOC gave the Assasin class for each realm the ability to climb and in AOC you you had to raise your climb skill to even go up ladders. So I mean with the terrific work Pantheon is doing they can make the Length of rope actually be worth using.

Talinor

• 1860 posts
    November 16, 2018 8:40 PM PST

A climbing skill has been mentioned (don't ask me to dig it up)...maybe one of the streams in Halnirs Cave?  That is where we have seen some very basic climbing.

Did you read the "Tales from the Fire" portion of the Nov. newsletter?  It focuses on a rogue and a lot of it is about climbing.  Reading between the lines there will likely be some type of fingerless gloves, and soft leather boots that may help with climbing.

• 16 posts
    November 17, 2018 7:01 PM PST

Yeah I read the Novemeber News letter the story was great I loved how the painted the picture of the chick climbing the face of the cliff. But no where did it give a hint it was a rgue just wraps like a monk would wear :( unless it is a test or climbing gear that will be needed which is cool. As far as assuming I don't like to do that because when you assume something you make a _ _ _ out of _ and _ _ i am sure you have heard the saying. And as far as the podcast I missed that I will have to see if I can find something on it, thanks. I just hope they do add climbing even if it isn't class specific, maybe basic climbing for all classes but specialized climbing for certain classes like rogue and maybe ranger who knows. 

Again thanks for info on the podcast I will look into it. 

Talinor

• 612 posts
    November 18, 2018 2:52 AM PST

From what I understood: There will be surfaces that Anyone can climb, and there will be surfaces that only a Rogue can climb. But there will also be surfaces that nobody can climb.

It will be curious if maybe the Ranger: Vale Hawk ability can be used on another player. So maybe the Ranger uses Vale Hawk on the Rogue to send him up a cliff nobody can climb, and then he lets down a rope for the others to climb.

This post was edited by GoofyWarriorGuy at November 18, 2018 2:55 AM PST
    • 1860 posts
    November 18, 2018 1:42 PM PST

Talinor said:

Yeah I read the Novemeber News letter the story was great I loved how the painted the picture of the chick climbing the face of the cliff. But no where did it give a hint it was a rgue just wraps like a monk would wear :( unless it is a test or climbing gear that will be needed which is cool. As far as assuming I don't like to do that because when you assume something you make a _ _ _ out of _ and _ _ i am sure you have heard the saying. And as far as the podcast I missed that I will have to see if I can find something on it, thanks. I just hope they do add climbing even if it isn't class specific, maybe basic climbing for all classes but specialized climbing for certain classes like rogue and maybe ranger who knows. 

Again thanks for info on the podcast I will look into it. 

Talinor

Again, it is reading a bit in between the lines but:

Each of her hands has bear fingers to dig into the dimples of stone, and a glove made of finely braided cords covers her palms.

This ^ makes me believe the way the gloves were designed was specific to enhance climbing.  It seems likely that there will be gloves/boots that aid in climbing though it could also simply be about metal armor types hindering climbing and that is why it is presented the way it is.  That would be why the rogue switches gear once she is done climbing.  I'm guessing it will be both.

But no where did it give a hint it was a rgue

It does specifically say rogue throughout the story.  Here is one example: 

“Father, why are there no good rogues?”

“I suppose there are some.”

“Mother says there are none.”

She climbed the last few stories down the cliffside, onto the face of Dead Storm Valley. She started to run and the old, crusted earth popped beneath her feet.

“Why do you want to be a rogue, child?”

“I want to punish evil for hurting the good.”

“You want to make evil afraid?”

“Yes. Yes I do.”

Just for clarification, where we have seen a bit of climbing in Halnirs Cave are from live streams.  You can find them on youtube, possibly twitch as well?  If you search for Pantheon podcasts you may have trouble finding them.

• 612 posts
    November 18, 2018 6:11 PM PST

Philo said: Just for clarification, where we have seen a bit of climbing in Halnirs Cave are from live streams.  You can find them on youtube, possibly twitch as well?  If you search for Pantheon podcasts you may have trouble finding them.

Or you could just read this post: Stream Links: All in one post

The particular video that includes the Climbing is CohhCarnages first stream 'Alpha with the Dev's', and it's in the Part 3 video of that stream. The climbing starts at about 45 minutes into Part 3.