Forums » Support

Upgrading my pledge package

• 28 posts
    November 14, 2018 9:14 AM PST

I almost freaked out when I saw that pre-alpha testing was reopened. I was orignially going to upgrade my pledge from a $300 to a $500, mainly for the cloth map so I could frame it and hang it in my future man cave when I buy a house. Among other things. So when I read this newsletter and saw prealpha testing was opened, I figured it would be worth going down to $40 until next payday to do it! 

However, when looking at the $1000 VIP pledge, I noticed that the cloth map wasn't available! But it shows it's available in the $500 champion pledge. As well as the postcard from the team. Very very disappointed about this. :(((((

This post was edited by Accessdenied at November 14, 2018 9:40 AM PST
    • 1080 posts
    November 14, 2018 10:07 AM PST

Those physical perks are bonuses for upgrading your pledge above the base donation that is required to get into a specific test stage.

So it's 250$ to get into alpha and 500$ gets you the additional perks like the map. 

1000$ gets you into pre-alpha and $3000 get's you perks...like the map as well as an additional 6 months of sub time etc.

You could always get a 1000$ pledge and a 500$ pledge if you simply want pre-alpha and a cloth map without the other perks.  I do see how the tiers might not be designed very well from a certain point of view.

• 266 posts
    November 14, 2018 10:12 AM PST

12 time slots for PA 4.  So at $500 to bump that pledge from $500 to 1k, that's $41.67 per testing bracket, assuming you're free to play each and every one of them, and Alpha is kinda just around the corner?  I love this game based on what I've seen, but not that much just to get in maybe 3 months earlier into the testing at this point.

• 274 posts
    November 14, 2018 11:11 AM PST

Yeah, I don't think Alpha is "just around the corner".  I think next summer, June or July, is the earliest we could possibly see it, and I think there is a distinct chance we're talking about Alpha finally rolling out at this time next year.  The $1000 Pre-Alpha deal is probably still worth it if you can afford it, but i do think they should have discounted it a little bit to maybe $750 or something, especially since you don't get the RL loot.

We know Alpha will start when Kingsreach is finished.  Not launch ready finished, but at least in that stratosphere.  That's going to be three starting cities, none of which are remotely close to finished or populated.  It seems safe to assume the various zones on the Kingsreach map are still planned, we haven't seen any work on the Vae Wood, the Roans, the Silent Plains, the Steppes of Ru'lun or even the port city itself, the Seven Locked Door, and more.  Plus, judging by how much they overhauled Avendyr's Pass and how long that took, the zones we've kind of seen such as Wild's End, South Soul Peninsula, Thronefast, Halnir's Cave, and the Tower of the Reckless Magician might get a time intensive overhaul as well.  It's no wonder they are making a push to hire as many artists as possible.  I think it's 50/50 Alpha starts in 2019 at all, and if so, I imagine it's highly likely it's around the end of the year.  

• 1194 posts
    November 14, 2018 11:17 AM PST

Mathir said:

Yeah, I don't think Alpha is "just around the corner".  I think next summer, June or July, is the earliest we could possibly see it, and I think there is a distinct chance we're talking about Alpha finally rolling out at this time next year.  The $1000 Pre-Alpha deal is probably still worth it if you can afford it, but i do think they should have discounted it a little bit to maybe $750 or something, especially since you don't get the RL loot.

We know Alpha will start when Kingsreach is finished.  Not launch ready finished, but at least in that stratosphere.  That's going to be three starting cities, none of which are remotely close to finished or populated.  It seems safe to assume the various zones on the Kingsreach map are still planned, we haven't seen any work on the Vae Wood, the Roans, the Silent Plains, the Steppes of Ru'lun or even the port city itself, the Seven Locked Door, and more.  Plus, judging by how much they overhauled Avendyr's Pass and how long that took, the zones we've kind of seen such as Wild's End, South Soul Peninsula, Thronefast, Halnir's Cave, and the Tower of the Reckless Magician might get a time intensive overhaul as well.  It's no wonder they are making a push to hire as many artists as possible.  I think it's 50/50 Alpha starts in 2019 at all, and if so, I imagine it's highly likely it's around the end of the year.  

Maybe too much of an assumption. Pledges are not meant to be "Worth your bucks", I'm not sure they won't simply consider it more or less than "Play the two PA session we planned and you knew it was this way.".

This post was edited by MauvaisOeil at November 14, 2018 11:19 AM PST
    • 2589 posts
    November 14, 2018 11:24 AM PST

philo said:

You could always get a 1000$ pledge and a 500$ pledge if you simply want pre-alpha and a cloth map without the other perks.  I do see how the tiers might not be designed very well from a certain point of view.

The VIP pledge specifically says that it includes all champion and supporter rewards.  The cohort retaining the cloth-map and post-card is probably an oversight.

• 18 posts
    November 14, 2018 11:36 AM PST

We do change our pledges and rewards from time to time. On this iteration, we have removed the physical items from the Triumvirate pledge level. As you have seen, the Cohort pledge currently still has the cloth map. We will fix the oversight in regards to the VIP pledge description and the upgrade pledge page still referencing the Sunhunter pledge.

• 1647 posts
    November 15, 2018 7:16 AM PST

Just curious. 1AM to 4AM on Wednesday for testing? Pacific time. Could that be a typo and you mean PM?

• 18 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:18 AM PST

dorotea said:

Just curious. 1AM to 4AM on Wednesday for testing? Pacific time. Could that be a typo and you mean PM?

No, you read it correctly. Remember, we have people all over the globe interested in Pantheon. We try not to leave anyone out for our testing sessions, if possible. That being said, you won't be seeing me during that entire time period. I have to sleep sometime.

• 28 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:42 AM PST

dorotea said:

No, unfortunately not. :(

Access to Pre-Alpha is granted only during active test sessions and may take up to the following business week to process.

Pre-Alpha 4 Access is limited to up to 3 timeslots per week between
    November 25 and December 20, 2018.
      Wednesdays 1am-4am PST
      Thursdays 5pm-8pm PST
      Sundays 10am-1pm PST

• 946 posts
    November 16, 2018 12:23 PM PST

Mathir said:

Let me point out where I believe that you're mis-informed or just outright incorrect.

1.  Nobody has stated that Alpha will start when "Kingsreach is finished".
    2.  None of us know how much of the continent is at a place where it could be cinsidered "basic-complete".  I bet it's alot farther along than alot of us realize.  Especially given that it was "more complete" back in the 2016 streams than people now seem to think it is.  Remember that the major re-vamp came BEFORE the 2016 streams.
    3.  They have already stated that they are currently on track for alpha to begin 1Q of 2019.  I, personally, think that it will be LATE 1Q, so March timeframe.  DEFINITELY before June or July, which is deep into 2Q early 3Q.
    4.  We don't know that the other locations that you list have or have not been overhauled already.  They may have been.  They are doing ALOT of stuff in parallel and we are not privvy to what they have going on; as evidenced by alot of what we see in the screen shots compared to what is in the streams from the same times.

Your post assumes ALOT of facts not in evidence.

This post was edited by Kalok at November 16, 2018 12:23 PM PST
    • 258 posts
    November 16, 2018 2:21 PM PST
    Eh ... if I could afford to donate more money without hurting RL obligations I would. With or without perks. As far as how long things are taking. I don’t personally care. I took a gamble on giving money to something I want to see come to fruition. The amount of time it takes for me to get dividends on my money doesn’t really matter as long as the game I’m (as all of us) are looking for is done right? Cool. I’m happy. Take the time you need and give us what we need in a different immersive world
    • 8207 posts
    November 16, 2018 3:08 PM PST

Artois said:

dorotea said:

No, you read it correctly. Remember, we have people all over the globe interested in Pantheon. We try not to leave anyone out for our testing sessions, if possible. That being said, you won't be seeing me during that entire time period. I have to sleep sometime.

This is the perfect time for Australia/New Zealand and some of Asia

Australia time is 8pm - 11 pm :)

• 7 posts
    November 25, 2018 11:45 PM PST

FWIW... I may have upgraded from Cohort to Triumvarate for an extra $500, but I will not because I'd rather have the map than PA. That is potentially $500 lost per person who chooses the same.

• 1 posts
    November 30, 2018 10:34 AM PST

i actually upgraded my support package from advisor to cohort (clicked the upgrade from link and payed the extra 200$). when i checked my subscription though ..it still says im currently advisor..does that take time to update or is there an issue?

• 8207 posts
    November 30, 2018 3:30 PM PST

cyberfossil said:

i actually upgraded my support package from advisor to cohort (clicked the upgrade from link and payed the extra 200$). when i checked my subscription though ..it still says im currently advisor..does that take time to update or is there an issue?

If it does not auto update within 48 hours, please submit a support ticket and the team can help manual change that for you.

• 8207 posts
    November 30, 2018 3:31 PM PST

Atom said:

FWIW... I may have upgraded from Cohort to Triumvarate for an extra $500, but I will not because I'd rather have the map than PA. That is potentially $500 lost per person who chooses the same.

If it makes any difference, we are thinking of selling the cloth map as an add-on by itself but still discussing the details :)

• 274 posts
    December 1, 2018 3:28 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Atom said:

If it makes any difference, we are thinking of selling the cloth map as an add-on by itself but still discussing the details :)

It's a good idea Kilsin, and one I've argued for in the past, but you don't want to hamstring your pledge tiers.  That map is the most enticing thing about the Cohort pledge.  At some point, when Alpha begins and the world is up more consistently, you probably will have the opportunity to double the Cohort cost to around $1000 for immediate access plus the map and the other stuff.  If the game continues to improve and word continues to spread, that will probably be a BIG source of income for you during late stage development.  If the map can be bought ala cart, it takes away a lot of the desire to pay for the most expensive Alpha access.

My advice would be to wait until BETA begins at the earliest before you sell the map seperately.  And then continue to do so even after launch.  Charge $100.  We love swag, if you commission someone to make some official statues, trading cards, etc.... we'd probably buy that as well.  Of course, the game has to be and remain good.