Forums » News and Announcements

Guess who joined our team!

• 9115 posts
    November 14, 2018 4:14 AM PST

That's right, the one and only Linda "Brasse" Carlson!! One of the most respected Community Managers around.

Linda Carlson is often better known as her Dwarven alter-ego, Brasse, the irreverent and loyal Cleric. She has worked in gaming for almost two decades, starting as a volunteer Guide in EverQuest, writing and crafting maps for Prima Guides, and then moving into games journalism. MMOGs were always her first love; it wasn't long until she became a Senior Community Manager and then Director of Global Community at Sony Online Entertainment, working to support the very games that got her into the online world. After SOE was purchased by Daybreak Games, Linda moved to Trion Worlds to manage their Community Team for several years.

Linda is a frequent speaker at the PAX conventions, GDC and has given Master Classes in Community Management overseas. She loves talking to gamers in any field, but prefers to be immersed in whatever game she is working with - time to head first into Pantheon!  If you see her in Pre-Alpha and beyond, her Brasse character will always stop to chat with you... unless she's running from a horde of evil creatures that she "accidentally" aggroed!

Linda is here to work closely with the Pantheon team, to set up the plans for supporting the community, collectively and individually, as we forge ahead to Beta and launch!

Please join us in giving her a big Pantheon style welcome. We are very happy to have Linda on board with our team and we hope you're as excited as we are for what's to come.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at November 14, 2018 5:29 PM PST
    • 523 posts
    November 14, 2018 7:05 PM PST

Welcome Brasse!  Glad to have more talent on the team.  Anything that helps this game improve and march towards launch in any aspect.

How does her position differ from what you've been doing Kilsin?  Are you getting moved around at all?

• 441 posts
    November 14, 2018 7:08 PM PST
    Welcome... Looking forward to seeing your footprints on the development of this beloved game.
    • 10 posts
    November 14, 2018 10:31 PM PST

YAY! - I wonder if she ever helped me when I was a tiny bard in EQ!!!  WELCOME BRASSE!

• 77 posts
    November 14, 2018 11:01 PM PST

That's great news for the Pantheon community!  Welcome!

• 160 posts
    November 14, 2018 11:17 PM PST
    Brasse, we haven't met, but I'm looking forward to the opportunity.
    • 8 posts
    November 15, 2018 3:48 AM PST
    If you read these Brasse, hello old friend and glad to see you here haha hell ya game just keeps getting better. Oh and this is Regen healmore from EQ if not it’s cool, glad to have you here welcome to the new family.
    • 612 posts
    November 15, 2018 4:26 AM PST

We welcome you Linda.

For those who may not have seen it... There was a panel at PAX about How Players Shape Games that was recorded by BazgrimTV where Brad "Aradune" Mcquaid and Linda "Brasse" Carlson sat next to each other on the Panel. Brad was very vocal even then of his friendship and approval of Linda. If you are interested in hearing her take on community and being in tune with your players, this might be a good place to get a little taste of her attitudes about it.

• 3852 posts
    November 15, 2018 5:09 AM PST

Welcome.

I guess I shouldn't make any more comments about SoE and particularly about how open and forthright it was or was not in communicating with players. Oh well, I hope I remember. But (perks up) I can probably slam Daybreak to my heart's content.

(hastily adds) Trion was much better. May it rest in peace.

This post was edited by dorotea at November 15, 2018 5:09 AM PST
    • 20 posts
    November 15, 2018 6:35 AM PST

Woohoo! Welcome! I am so pleased to have an expert working with the community. Oh my gosh, I'm just so excited :)

• 48 posts
    November 15, 2018 8:22 AM PST

Lyaelan said:

Woohoo! Welcome! I am so pleased to have an expert working with the community. Oh my gosh, I'm just so excited :)

Ditto.

• 103 posts
    November 15, 2018 8:53 AM PST
    Welcome Brasse! glad to have you aboard.
    • 217 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:13 AM PST

Greetings and salutations!

Welcome aboard, killit!

• 200 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:13 AM PST
    Glad to see another great addition. Your personality and alter ego ( not sure if the real Brasse dwarf or the human) were fantastic during my trip to SOE Live in Vegas!!
    • 413 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:50 AM PST

Welcome Linda!

• 363 posts
    November 15, 2018 10:53 AM PST

Double welcome :D

• 438 posts
    November 15, 2018 11:18 AM PST
    Welcome dude
    • 2 posts
    November 15, 2018 8:52 PM PST

Yay!  Was so excited to hear this!  Welcome aboard, Brasse!

• 1 posts
    November 16, 2018 2:34 AM PST
    Welcome Brasse! I always got a kick out of your Tips :)

Such a fantastic addition to the Community. 100% approve!!
    • 6 posts
    November 16, 2018 10:21 AM PST

Welcome aboard, Linda!

• 88 posts
    November 16, 2018 12:09 PM PST

Welcome Brasse!! :)  

• 24 posts
    November 16, 2018 1:40 PM PST

Welcome to the Team Linda!

• 10 posts
    November 16, 2018 2:23 PM PST

I logged in just to post how awesome this is.  So happy that the Visionary Realms team was able to snag this Dwarf!  Best in the business.  <3

• 4 posts
    November 16, 2018 2:54 PM PST

Welcome to the team :)

• 363 posts
    November 16, 2018 3:19 PM PST

Welcome Brasse!!! Great to have you as part of the team!! Dwarves rock!!!!!

This post was edited by Anistosoles at November 16, 2018 3:20 PM PST