Forums » Support

Alpha Beta

• 3 posts
    November 11, 2018 7:26 AM PST

I have just upgraded to the class that allows me to have access to alpha and Beta testing. And i read its coming out in November. Anyone know when or how i can download it?

• 2623 posts
    November 11, 2018 7:50 AM PST

Unless something has changed very recently, we are near the end of pre-alpha now. 

VR has said to expect alpha next year - hopefully not too late in the year. 

The timing of beta is a wild guess and it depends on when alpha starts, how long it lasts, and how long it takes them afterwards to be ready for beta.

• 1152 posts
    November 11, 2018 8:09 AM PST

Legendas said:

I have just upgraded to the class that allows me to have access to alpha and Beta testing. And i read its coming out in November. Anyone know when or how i can download it?

Alpha was pushed back until "first quarter 2019".  That beinf said, I expect it to be late first qquarter, so around the March timeframe, but that is just a guess on my part.

• 472 posts
    November 12, 2018 2:45 AM PST

Pretty much what Kalok said. They bumped alpha back a bit to hold more pre-alpha phases, which the next of is pre-alpha 4 set to start sometime this Fall. Not sure if that has started yet but it had not as of the release of the October newsletter. But we have at least that phase to go, likely more, before we get to alpha. How many pre-alpha phases are left? No clue, but here's a snippet from the August 2018 newsletter.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_august_under_wraps/

PA4 This Fall

PA4 will be available to our pre-alpha testers this fall.

And just how many PA phases are there before alpha? We can’t answer that just yet. The idea, though, is to use PA4 as a reference point, or a reference zone, as Joppa spoke about in June. This means that by PA4 most systems will be in place. The small remainder of systems will be added prior to alpha, but for all intents and purposes the core Pantheon experience will be available for PA4 and beyond. This means that in PA5 and onward more world building can be done. Systems will continue to be refined but will no longer need to be built. That accelerates things greatly so expect the later PA sessions to come a lot quicker and more regularly than the early Pre-Alphas.

Then, it’s time for Alpha, which will be a (mostly) content-complete continent. Earlier this year we aimed to have Alpha available by year’s end but we’ve restructured our approach since then, so don’t expect Alpha this year. It’s coming, and unless you’re one of those upcoming Jeopardy contestants, we know you’re excited. We are too, but it’s more important to us to make sure we take the time to get it right than to rush a date. Kind of like raising a dragon. It takes a while, but you want to be sure you do it well. Because no one likes a delinquent dragon.

This post was edited by Kratuk at November 12, 2018 2:47 AM PST
    • 3 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:02 AM PST

Thanks for the information