Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

How are things going

• 15 posts
    November 8, 2018 12:09 PM PST

Hi all.  Pharone the gnome here just doing my yearly check in to see how the game is progressing. 

As an original kickstarter backer and Patron Pledge, I am looking forward to eventually getting in to Alpha to test this bad boy out.  Any signs of Alpha on the horizon?  I've played EQ TLP so many times now that I am starting to lose my soul over there lol.  I need some Pantheon.

Keep up the great work.  You're doing a fantastic job on the game from everything I have seen so far.

Pharone the Gnome.

• 560 posts
    November 8, 2018 5:38 PM PST

In the October news letter they are talking about starting Pre-Alpha 4. Not sure how many more Pre-Alpha's they will have but I am assuming Alpha is getting close. 

• 65 posts
    November 8, 2018 8:12 PM PST

The big question is, "How many pre alphas will there be?" From reading the newsletters, I got the feeling the pre alpha 4 was likely the last one. Just my best guess. 

• 626 posts
    November 9, 2018 11:35 PM PST

phil85 said:

The big question is, "How many pre alphas will there be?" From reading the newsletters, I got the feeling the pre alpha 4 was likely the last one. Just my best guess. 

PA4 This Fall

PA4 will be available to our pre-alpha testers this fall.

And just how many PA phases are there before alpha? We can’t answer that just yet. The idea, though, is to use PA4 as a reference point, or a reference zone, as Joppa spoke about in June. This means that by PA4 most systems will be in place. The small remainder of systems will be added prior to alpha, but for all intents and purposes the core Pantheon experience will be available for PA4 and beyond. This means that in PA5 and onward more world building can be done. Systems will continue to be refined but will no longer need to be built. That accelerates things greatly so expect the later PA sessions to come a lot quicker and more regularly than the early Pre-Alphas.

Then, it’s time for Alpha, which will be a (mostly) content-complete continent. Earlier this year we aimed to have Alpha available by year’s end but we’ve restructured our approach since then, so don’t expect Alpha this year. It’s coming, and unless you’re one of those upcoming Jeopardy contestants, we know you’re excited. We are too, but it’s more important to us to make sure we take the time to get it right than to rush a date. Kind of like raising a dragon. It takes a while, but you want to be sure you do it well. Because no one likes a delinquent dragon.

Link: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_august_under_wraps/