Forums » News and Announcements

A Special November Pledge Drive

• VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    November 8, 2018 9:02 AM PST

Hey all,

Recently a lot of very seasoned, incredibly talented individuals became available in the MMORPG gaming space. Our goal is to bring additional artists in to the Visionary Realms family to help us reach our milestones of full Alpha and Beta sooner.

Because of your pledges to date we have been able to expand our team with designers, artists, technicians, programmers and others over the past two years, all to work toward the vision of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. We thank you for that!

Now it's time to grow the team again. Pledges made here are separate from the standard pledge packages and do not provide the standard rewards.

Pledges for this special drive are completely voluntary and every bit helps.

• To thank you for any pledge of $50 USD or more we offer a unique nameplate color in Pantheon - you'll really stand out as a supporter in game!
    • Any pledge of $100, $500 and $1000 or more will also receive increasingly exclusive in-game badges to show your heroic aid, designed by the artists you've helped join us!

Thank you, as always, for your commitment and contributions to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

You can make an additional pledge to this drive at our page set at https://bit.ly/2QslNj5

• 80 posts
    November 8, 2018 9:20 AM PST

I pledged. Wish I could have recieved a invite to the last Pre-alpha test for it though.

This post was edited by Makinelly at November 8, 2018 9:22 AM PST
    • 216 posts
    November 8, 2018 10:56 AM PST

How long is this pledge drive open for? I have to decide if I want to upgrade my pledge or support this drive.

I've currently pledged at cohort's pledge, so I could upgrade to sunhunter pledge, but would love to know more about the rewards for the artist pledge drive, as I may be better off pledging $500 there.

will these nameplates be optional, as I have a nameplate included in the cohort package so I have to imagine there will be some window to allow us to pick which nameplates show if we have multi-pal ones on an account.

• 627 posts
    November 8, 2018 10:59 AM PST

I can't select the 50$ pledge.

You only support PayPal payment?

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at November 8, 2018 9:10 PM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    November 8, 2018 12:13 PM PST

BamBam said: I can't select the 50$ pledge.

If you wish to pledge $50, you can use the Other amount line.

And yes, we are only using Paypal for this pledge drive.

• 201 posts
    November 8, 2018 12:43 PM PST

Well the issue here is that it really makes no sense to not give people the regular rewards as well.  I mean, if this is a special drive to get more money, give the special name plate AND whatever the new tier reward would be if they add to their pledge.  I am sure many would be in the situation like me...if I donate $100, I would be better served just donating to get the increased rewards from the higher tier.  You still get the same money from me, and it would really be an incentive to donate NOW if I got the rewards I would get if I donated in a month or two anyway.  The name plate is not extra work really since once it has been created for one player, giving it to many is not a cost, but that might be the EXTRA incentive for many to kick in for this worthy push right now if they knew they would get the name plate, make a real mark on helping speed up development AND would still get the rewards they would get by upgrading anyway.  I doubt a lot of people like myself who have considered adding 100 or 200 bucks to their pledge but have not, are going to be willing to throw away upgraded tier rewards by donating.  If they did not up their pledge before with those rewards on the table, they are almost certainly going to be turned off by the idea of getting even less for their hard earned money.  Give me the special drive reward PLUS the normal benefits of upping my pledge to another tier and you can almost guarantee I will toss in the money to go up $100 or more.  

• 363 posts
    November 8, 2018 2:27 PM PST

antonius said:

Well the issue here is that it really makes no sense to not give people the regular rewards as well.  I mean, if this is a special drive to get more money, give the special name plate AND whatever the new tier reward would be if they add to their pledge.  I am sure many would be in the situation like me...if I donate $100, I would be better served just donating to get the increased rewards from the higher tier.  You still get the same money from me, and it would really be an incentive to donate NOW if I got the rewards I would get if I donated in a month or two anyway.  The name plate is not extra work really since once it has been created for one player, giving it to many is not a cost, but that might be the EXTRA incentive for many to kick in for this worthy push right now if they knew they would get the name plate, make a real mark on helping speed up development AND would still get the rewards they would get by upgrading anyway.  I doubt a lot of people like myself who have considered adding 100 or 200 bucks to their pledge but have not, are going to be willing to throw away upgraded tier rewards by donating.  If they did not up their pledge before with those rewards on the table, they are almost certainly going to be turned off by the idea of getting even less for their hard earned money.  Give me the special drive reward PLUS the normal benefits of upping my pledge to another tier and you can almost guarantee I will toss in the money to go up $100 or more.  

I have to agree with Antonius here. I was considering upping my contribution to the next tier, so why would I contribute to this special fund drive and get, basically, much less in return than by pledging to the next tier?

• 7 posts
    November 8, 2018 2:43 PM PST

Anistosoles said:

I have to agree with Antonius here. I was considering upping my contribution to the next tier, so why would I contribute to this special fund drive and get, basically, much less in return than by pledging to the next tier?

You wouldn't. This Drive is for people that already got everything they want out of the regular rewards and looking for new ways to help out. I reccomend upping your contribution to your next tier if you wanted to.

• 55 posts
    November 8, 2018 2:47 PM PST

Anistosoles said:

antonius said:

I am certain since this is a PayPal supported pledge not drawn through their primary portal that it reports to a different financial bucket. A lot of companies run promotions like this that build a revenue change that they won't have to report through the same ledgers as the primary accounts. It allows for a push in cash flow to take specific projects over the line, or to build a plan or presentation model for investors to look at. This helps build value and drive more money to the company.

I will most like pledge into it later next week as I am eager to see this project through and watch the tiny part of my investment grow.

Red

• 27 posts
    November 8, 2018 2:48 PM PST

Anistosoles said:

Adding incentives to existing pledge packages always leads to drama.  People that've already pledged show up to ask why they can't get the same rewards that someone donating the same amount as them.

It's much safer to make this an extra thing with rewards that're less interesting than the main pledges.  That way, you don't upset anyone that's already donated.

This post was edited by chobo at November 8, 2018 2:50 PM PST
    • 40 posts
    November 8, 2018 4:17 PM PST

I got pretty much all I wanted for the game with my initial KS pledge, and appreciate an opportunity to help the game for a bit of swag, and not endanger my pledge perks. Moving alpha closer is another perk of this give.

I’m in, and already done with PP.

best of luck!

• 56 posts
    November 8, 2018 4:21 PM PST

Ben was straight up with what the pledge is for. I threw in some more cash, side work been good lately...

For those asking what they're getting out of it... I look at it as empathy and compassion for people who are shooting for the stars while providing their A-game. It's the same reason why someone ocassionally tips far more than the service was worth; because you were 1) in a good mood 2) were inspired or empathetic to the person(s) 3) cause' it's only money.

This was answered above but for those that are wondering why you would contribute to this and not the primary pledge, the difference between my pledge and the next tier is substantial. If donating more would put you at the next tier for the primary pledge, do that instead.

This post was edited by Vaad at November 8, 2018 4:29 PM PST
    • 624 posts
    November 8, 2018 4:23 PM PST

Badges? We don’t need no stinkin’ badges!

Ben: happy to donate again. How much to hire a bard-wear artist to design feathered caps, paisley vests and tight leather pants?

• 523 posts
    November 8, 2018 4:36 PM PST

Is this pledge drive to pay for the four positions you guys have already posted a month ago?  Or is this for additional positions?  I was under the impression that the Series B funding had allowed for the hiring of those four positions.

What is a nameplate?  Is that on your character inventory screen or is that the name that floats above your head in game that all can see?  Or is it something else?

Also, what is an in game badge?  Where does that show up?

Finally, I think you should give a cloth map to anyone that donates $100 or more as incentive.

• 74 posts
    November 9, 2018 7:41 AM PST

I think any public request for money should be paired with public examples of meaningful progress or a milestone list. It's way more effective in generating continued support. Even updated screenshots can go a long way. An even better example would be the updated map, as the old one has been stated to be out of date for a long time. 

I am not in pre-alpha.

• 3852 posts
    November 9, 2018 8:07 AM PST

Definitely no rewards that have already been promised for pledges should be given as part of this drive. 

On the other hand, I have no use  whatsoever for a different looking nametag. When you are as close to perfect as I am you try not to stand out. False modesty is an important skill.

• 10 posts
    November 9, 2018 9:52 AM PST

I'm in - get 'er done!

• 35 posts
    November 9, 2018 11:01 AM PST

Hopefully you are talking about the Trion people that recently got let go, as I would agree some talented artists on the market.

• 9115 posts
    November 9, 2018 3:00 PM PST

Anistosoles said:

antonius said:

This is for people who are at a tier they are happy with and wish to help out more, mate. It isn't for everyone but know that every bit helps and if you have already pledged, we thank you!

• 9115 posts
    November 9, 2018 3:01 PM PST

Redroostah said:

Anistosoles said:

antonius said:

I am certain since this is a PayPal supported pledge not drawn through their primary portal that it reports to a different financial bucket. A lot of companies run promotions like this that build a revenue change that they won't have to report through the same ledgers as the primary accounts. It allows for a push in cash flow to take specific projects over the line, or to build a plan or presentation model for investors to look at. This helps build value and drive more money to the company.

I will most like pledge into it later next week as I am eager to see this project through and watch the tiny part of my investment grow.

Red

Our primary portals are PayPal and 2co, they all go to the same place for our business, mate. We appreciate your support, thank you! :)

• 9115 posts
    November 9, 2018 3:02 PM PST

Bones13 said:

I got pretty much all I wanted for the game with my initial KS pledge, and appreciate an opportunity to help the game for a bit of swag, and not endanger my pledge perks. Moving alpha closer is another perk of this give.

I’m in, and already done with PP.

best of luck!

Thank you, Bones! Much appreciated mate :)

• 9115 posts
    November 9, 2018 3:03 PM PST

Kumu said:

Badges? We don’t need no stinkin’ badges!

Ben: happy to donate again. How much to hire a bard-wear artist to design feathered caps, paisley vests and tight leather pants?

I don't think there is enough money in the world to... We will prioritise this for you, Kumu! :D

• 9115 posts
    November 9, 2018 3:06 PM PST

Mathir said:

Is this pledge drive to pay for the four positions you guys have already posted a month ago?  Or is this for additional positions?  I was under the impression that the Series B funding had allowed for the hiring of those four positions.

What is a nameplate?  Is that on your character inventory screen or is that the name that floats above your head in game that all can see?  Or is it something else?

Also, what is an in game badge?  Where does that show up?

Finally, I think you should give a cloth map to anyone that donates $100 or more as incentive.

No Mathir, as Ben stated in the original post, we are looking for new additional talent.

"Recently a lot of very seasoned, incredibly talented individuals became available in the MMORPG gaming space. Our goal is to bring additional artists in to the Visionary Realms family to help us reach our milestones of full Alpha and Beta sooner."

Nameplates will be revealed at a later date and we have taken cloth maps into consideration.

• 9115 posts
    November 9, 2018 3:06 PM PST

Hexacles said:

I'm in - get 'er done!

Thank you, Sir! :)

• 9115 posts
    November 9, 2018 3:07 PM PST

Azzudien said:

Hopefully you are talking about the Trion people that recently got let go, as I would agree some talented artists on the market.

Maybe ;)