Forums » News and Announcements

A Special November Pledge Drive

• 793 posts
    November 13, 2018 11:42 AM PST

BenD said:

You can make an additional pledge to this drive at our page set at https://bit.ly/2QslNj5

Im In.....  Good Luck

• 2 posts
    November 13, 2018 2:25 PM PST

Me is boring. I bought for a year the $250 Reward.
    I waiting for Pantheon: The Rise of Fallen... i played 12 years EverQuest II and my profession is Software testing.

If u need someone, who find bugs and give you feedback.... ;)

• 7 posts
    November 14, 2018 6:06 AM PST

Donated. Keep up the good work.

• 2 posts
    November 14, 2018 9:52 AM PST

I did a $50 pledge, can I do another $50 next week and get the $100 reward?

• 523 posts
    November 14, 2018 2:38 PM PST

Is it possible to find a list of the developers that Trion laid off?  I'm curious as to the specific talent that is up for grabs (so to speak).  Tried to google it, but couldn't find anything outside the community manager VR already has hired in some capacity.  

• 9115 posts
    November 14, 2018 6:28 PM PST

Thank you so much guys, you're all awesome! :)

• 1785 posts
    November 14, 2018 6:48 PM PST

I tossed in $1000 for this pledge drive.  I know some people might think I'm nuts for giving that much (disclosure:  I was already at a pretty high pledge level), but I decided to do this additional pledge for two reasons really.  First, when I look at the progress the game has made in the last year since pre-alpha really started, it's been astonishing - and I know that the team wants to move faster, but getting the art and world building done is very time consuming.  So if my pledge helps bring on an additional artist to help share that load, that's good for all of us.

The second reason is that I've been laid off before, and I don't care what industry you're in - it's a terrible experience, and a terrible feeling.  The first time it happens to you it kind of ruins your world, and even if you've been through it before you still get that lump in the pit of your stomach and you question whether you can find something else.  So if my measly little $1000 means that soon someone in the industry who is going through that won't have to worry about how they're going to pay their mortgage or afford health insurance for their kid or something, it's more than worth it.

I could honestly care less about the badges or nameplates or whatever they are.  But I hope the money helps the team hire another awesome person and helps us all get Pantheon into our hands just a little bit faster at the same time. :)

• 8 posts
    November 14, 2018 9:41 PM PST

Jeez Nephele, I can't wait to see what sparkly, nifty, eye-popping badge you'll be getting for that!

I'm only at the $300 Advisor's Pledge level but will happily chip in another $100 for this pledge if it helps move the game along.

Plus, i'm curious to see what my new badge will look like :D

• 77 posts
    November 14, 2018 11:03 PM PST

I was looking for an excuse to upgrade my pledge to Cohort, so that's done....next stop VIP...then my wife divorces me :)

• 35 posts
    November 15, 2018 7:35 AM PST

Nephele said:

The second reason is that I've been laid off before, and I don't care what industry you're in - it's a terrible experience, and a terrible feeling.  The first time it happens to you it kind of ruins your world, and even if you've been through it before you still get that lump in the pit of your stomach and you question whether you can find something else.  So if my measly little $1000 means that soon someone in the industry who is going through that won't have to worry about how they're going to pay their mortgage or afford health insurance for their kid or something, it's more than worth it.

I could honestly care less about the badges or nameplates or whatever they are.  But I hope the money helps the team hire another awesome person and helps us all get Pantheon into our hands just a little bit faster at the same time. :)

100% agree with this statement, and feel the badges or nameplates or whatever are not really needed. And yes I did also chip in a significant sum to help someone that was just laid off. It is a horrible feeling

• 388 posts
    November 15, 2018 12:12 PM PST

Sorry, was going to pledge more now that I have pathfinder but paypal sucks and I cancelled my account. So, I guess since you won't take money directly from me, you get zero $$$. 

This post was edited by Flapp at November 15, 2018 12:13 PM PST
    • 1281 posts
    November 15, 2018 12:32 PM PST

Flapp said:

Sorry, was going to pledge more now that I have pathfinder but paypal sucks and I cancelled my account. So, I guess since you won't take money directly from me, you get zero $$$. 

You know you can make a payment on PayPal without having an account right?

• 9115 posts
    November 15, 2018 1:31 PM PST

Nephele said:

I tossed in $1000 for this pledge drive.  I know some people might think I'm nuts for giving that much (disclosure:  I was already at a pretty high pledge level), but I decided to do this additional pledge for two reasons really.  First, when I look at the progress the game has made in the last year since pre-alpha really started, it's been astonishing - and I know that the team wants to move faster, but getting the art and world building done is very time consuming.  So if my pledge helps bring on an additional artist to help share that load, that's good for all of us.

That means a lot Neph, thank you, friend! :)

• 363 posts
    November 15, 2018 2:26 PM PST

Sadly $1000 is too rich for my blood. To all who can afford it...have fun in pre-alpha :D

• 8 posts
    November 15, 2018 9:26 PM PST

Bronsun said:

Sadly $1000 is too rich for my blood. To all who can afford it...have fun in pre-alpha :D

There's an option to donate as little as $50 and you'll still get a cool nameplate cosmetic.

• 8 posts
    November 17, 2018 12:05 PM PST
    I believe the best way to raise $$$ would be offering in game items. More $$$ will be pledged if people are getting something of comparable value. Colored nameplates and badges are pretty lame. Instead of putting your effort into nameplates and badges VR could easily create some cool loot to give out.

I guarantee VR would have made sooooo much more $$$ this way. Sort of a no brainer imho.

Weak rewards = weak “pledge drive”
    Sweet loot rewards = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• 13 posts
    November 17, 2018 12:51 PM PST

I'm in, keep up the great work! Can't wait for alpha :)

• 38 posts
    November 17, 2018 7:30 PM PST

Very happy to chip in a litte extra to support VR growing the Pantheon team. I look forward to hearing about the results (and the new additions) in a newsletter soon!

• 8 posts
    November 19, 2018 4:12 PM PST
    Chipped in for pledge drive. Would have pledged more for better rewards...
    • 1479 posts
    November 19, 2018 11:55 PM PST

Greenwave said: I believe the best way to raise $$$ would be offering in game items. More $$$ will be pledged if people are getting something of comparable value. Colored nameplates and badges are pretty lame. Instead of putting your effort into nameplates and badges VR could easily create some cool loot to give out. I guarantee VR would have made sooooo much more $$$ this way. Sort of a no brainer imho. Weak rewards = weak “pledge drive” Sweet loot rewards = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I recommend you to read this page :

http://pantheonmmo.com/game/pantheon_difference/

It should lead you to a better understanding of the game's core tennets, particulary in the business model.

• 8 posts
    November 20, 2018 1:52 AM PST
    No need to read it but thank you kindly for the recommendation.

It’s a pretty simple concept that offering better rewards for pledges will make VR more $$$. Just look at the nice in-game loot VR gives for the pledges of the faithful... Stack of Minor Illusion Flasks, Explorer’s Backpack, Tunic of the Ages, Keepsake Vanity Pet, Ring of the Fallen...

It was VR’s idea to give in-game loot as rewards for pledges not mine. I’m just reminding them of what a great incentive that tactic can be in raising funds :)

• 77 posts
    November 20, 2018 11:46 AM PST

Greenwave said: No need to read it but thank you kindly for the recommendation. It’s a pretty simple concept that offering better rewards for pledges will make VR more $$$. Just look at the nice in-game loot VR gives for the pledges of the faithful... Stack of Minor Illusion Flasks, Explorer’s Backpack, Tunic of the Ages, Keepsake Vanity Pet, Ring of the Fallen... It was VR’s idea to give in-game loot as rewards for pledges not mine. I’m just reminding them of what a great incentive that tactic can be in raising funds :)

Aside from the flasks, VR have decided all those things will be cosmetic. I think they added the loot to the pledges and then reconsidered how they'd work, so they wouldn't be accused of P2W. It would go against their tenets to be so. With that in mind, upgrading my pledge to get the cloth map is tempting.

• 393 posts
    November 20, 2018 2:13 PM PST

Put a $100 drop in the bucket. Hope it helps!

• 8 posts
    November 20, 2018 6:14 PM PST
    Fact remains that VR offers in-game items for Pledges of the Faithful.
    • 10 posts
    November 21, 2018 7:41 AM PST

Just pledged again.  Best of luck with the drive and hope the team can pick up more awesome talent!