Forums » News and Announcements

A Special November Pledge Drive

• 523 posts
    November 9, 2018 5:33 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Mathir said:

Is this pledge drive to pay for the four positions you guys have already posted a month ago?  Or is this for additional positions?  I was under the impression that the Series B funding had allowed for the hiring of those four positions.

What is a nameplate?  Is that on your character inventory screen or is that the name that floats above your head in game that all can see?  Or is it something else?

Also, what is an in game badge?  Where does that show up?

Finally, I think you should give a cloth map to anyone that donates $100 or more as incentive.

No Mathir, as Ben stated in the original post, we are looking for new additional talent.

"Recently a lot of very seasoned, incredibly talented individuals became available in the MMORPG gaming space. Our goal is to bring additional artists in to the Visionary Realms family to help us reach our milestones of full Alpha and Beta sooner."

Nameplates will be revealed at a later date and we have taken cloth maps into consideration.

Awesome!  I like the news about the artists and the cloth map.  In regards to the nameplate, since the pledge drive is for November, might be a good idea to reveal those this month so people know what they could be donating for.  I mean, that makes sense, right?

• 10 posts
    November 9, 2018 7:19 PM PST

Land said:

I think any public request for money should be paired with public examples of meaningful progress or a milestone list. It's way more effective in generating continued support. Even updated screenshots can go a long way. An even better example would be the updated map, as the old one has been stated to be out of date for a long time. 

I am not in pre-alpha.

Could not agree more.  A special fund drive which parallels existing pledges should come with some disclosure.

• 10 posts
    November 9, 2018 7:23 PM PST

Mathir said:

...Finally, I think you should give a cloth map to anyone that donates $100 or more as incentive.

Ummm. Yeah:

NameTBD said:

...Lastly, quite frankly, it would show great appreciation and humility by PRF if everyone who pledges at any level receive a Postcard from the Team and a Cloth Terminus Map. In the days of purchasing physical games and expansions the boxes would often contain such items and others like figurines.  It would be a nice touch in reviving the atmosphere of the games we all loved... 

• 627 posts
    November 10, 2018 11:40 AM PST
    I also just chipped in :) only 50 for me I'm a student still. Keep up your great work, can't wait for next year alpha teating, truly can't wait... :)
    • 96 posts
    November 10, 2018 11:44 AM PST

Kilsin, man, I will say that I wish that I had the extra cash to help support this right now!  But it seems like these pushes seem to always come at the end of the year, and, having 3 kids to spend money on for Christmas, I typically don't have much extra money that isn't already appropriated for something.  

I understand that the recent layoffs and talent availability aren't under your control, but have you ever thought of doing a drive in the first quarter rather than the fourth?  At least here in the States, that is income tax return time...I can't speak for others but my discretionary budget is much larger then, and I would actually be able to donate like I want.  $50-$100 would be something I wouldn't blink an eye at at that time of year.

Just a thought...

• 9115 posts
    November 10, 2018 2:06 PM PST

BamBam said: I also just chipped in :) only 50 for me I'm a student still. Keep up your great work, can't wait for next year alpha teating, truly can't wait... :)

BamBam is a super star! Thank you, mate :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at November 10, 2018 2:06 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    November 10, 2018 2:08 PM PST

Irriaden said:

Kilsin, man, I will say that I wish that I had the extra cash to help support this right now!  But it seems like these pushes seem to always come at the end of the year, and, having 3 kids to spend money on for Christmas, I typically don't have much extra money that isn't already appropriated for something.  

I understand that the recent layoffs and talent availability aren't under your control, but have you ever thought of doing a drive in the first quarter rather than the fourth?  At least here in the States, that is income tax return time...I can't speak for others but my discretionary budget is much larger then, and I would actually be able to donate like I want.  $50-$100 would be something I wouldn't blink an eye at at that time of year.

Just a thought...

Hey Irriaden,

Yeah man, no worries at all! Timing isn't on our side, unfortunately, but if we ever think about another one, it will be timed better ;)

• 643 posts
    November 10, 2018 6:56 PM PST

done

• 40 posts
    November 10, 2018 8:35 PM PST

It also would be nice if this extra $ input showed up on our account or pledge level page. Specially if this is going to occur from time to time. Currently my PayPal receipt is my only record.

• 9115 posts
    November 11, 2018 1:39 PM PST

fazool said:

done

Thank you, Fazool! :)

• 9115 posts
    November 11, 2018 1:41 PM PST

Bones13 said:

It also would be nice if this extra $ input showed up on our account or pledge level page. Specially if this is going to occur from time to time. Currently my PayPal receipt is my only record.

We can see this internally but yeah, in a perfect world, if these forums let us display that info correctly, we would man. Hopefully, the new forums will allow accurate, private account info visible to the user.

• 1281 posts
    November 11, 2018 3:38 PM PST

BenD said:

Hey all,

Recently a lot of very seasoned, incredibly talented individuals became available in the MMORPG gaming space. Our goal is to bring additional artists in to the Visionary Realms family to help us reach our milestones of full Alpha and Beta sooner.

Because of your pledges to date we have been able to expand our team with designers, artists, technicians, programmers and others over the past two years, all to work toward the vision of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. We thank you for that!

Now it's time to grow the team again. Pledges made here are separate from the standard pledge packages and do not provide the standard rewards.

Pledges for this special drive are completely voluntary and every bit helps.

• To thank you for any pledge of $50 USD or more we offer a unique nameplate color in Pantheon - you'll really stand out as a supporter in game!
    • Any pledge of $100, $500 and $1000 or more will also receive increasingly exclusive in-game badges to show your heroic aid, designed by the artists you've helped join us!

Thank you, as always, for your commitment and contributions to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

You can make an additional pledge to this drive at our page set at https://bit.ly/2QslNj5

Color me donated.  $250 isn't much, but it's what I can afford.

• 2752 posts
    November 11, 2018 4:15 PM PST

Mathir said:

Finally, I think you should give a cloth map to anyone that donates $100 or more as incentive.

I don't know about that, the cloth map is a major incentive to the $500 tier. It would feel kind of bad if suddenly everyone could get one for $100 instead.

• 179 posts
    November 11, 2018 4:24 PM PST
    Put my money where my mouth is and have pledged. Hopefully we get enough for another developer.
    • 190 posts
    November 11, 2018 5:12 PM PST

I know you mentioned artists, but I would be over the moon to see the lovely @Brasse join the VR community. She's an excellent community manager with a killer sense of humor and style - plus we need more femme dwarf love and she's really good at spreading the cheer.  ;)

• 160 posts
    November 11, 2018 11:51 PM PST
    It's about darn time we've been given an option to donate that doesn't take our legacy perks away. I was about to throw more money into the pot years ago, but then the perks changed.

It'll be a few days, but I'm in.
    • 9115 posts
    November 12, 2018 12:32 AM PST

wildenightwolf said:

I know you mentioned artists, but I would be over the moon to see the lovely @Brasse join the VR community. She's an excellent community manager with a killer sense of humor and style - plus we need more femme dwarf love and she's really good at spreading the cheer.  ;)

She certainly is awesome, I have been personally following her for a very long time, back from the good old Vanguard: Saga of Heroes days :)

• 10 posts
    November 12, 2018 4:38 AM PST

I am so in for this, I would be happy to drop some more $$ to assist with the development of Pantheon.  The opportunity to send additional funds is excellent, but I am also going to get a nameplate and badges?!  Count me in for atleast a 100$ donation!

Boom!  Paid and paid!  PANTHEON!!  *Bloodlust roar*

This post was edited by InZanity at November 12, 2018 4:44 AM PST
    • 228 posts
    November 12, 2018 4:49 AM PST

Done! The missus can get a smaller Christmas gift this year.

• 7 posts
    November 12, 2018 9:42 AM PST

You got my pledge! I can't wait to see how this game turns out. Keep of the good work everyone! 

• 74 posts
    November 12, 2018 10:06 AM PST

Happy to drop another $50. I appreciate getting the option to donate outside of our original package. Keep up the good work over there!

• 2138 posts
    November 12, 2018 12:00 PM PST

Can I choose wether or not to use the nameplate? Can I forego the nameplate and instead substitute a soulstamp or somesuch on my char? by soulstamp I mean something that can only be seen by devs or guides or CS folks if they look deep enoughinto my account/player data with their special job related permissions. Or is having the nameplate option the same as a soulstamp....whatever you dont have to answer. ha!

thanks for the link!

**Don't make my game, don't get offended if I hate your game. stand firm**

'cos I'll still play. I thought that was a feature....

This post was edited by Manouk at November 23, 2018 4:47 PM PST
    • 624 posts
    November 12, 2018 1:08 PM PST

Plus one to Manouk’s request above. No need to answer, but I hope the fancy badge / nameplate can be optionally turned off (or selected at will like a title). Though happy to contribute, most days I would rather not have a badge detract from the feather in my simple bard cap.

• 9115 posts
    November 12, 2018 2:18 PM PST

You guys are awesome, thank you!

We will look into a toggle for nameplates. :)

• 1479 posts
    November 12, 2018 2:22 PM PST

Ugh, not the best timing for me. But once we got our second pledge for my GF I might have some money avaliable ... might !