Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Scenario - You just feel like chilling with a beer

• 1785 posts
    November 8, 2018 7:52 PM PST

Depends what they need help with, really.

If it's something super-intense, I'd probably politely say no.

If it's not that big a deal, sure.  I try to be a nice person and all.

• 178 posts
    November 8, 2018 8:53 PM PST

not much of a hard choice

short answer: HAPL

long answer: helping others is a game of its own, while just fishing can be done anytime, helping others is a rare minigame that i would jump on it most of the time.

if i am with my buddies preparing for a dungeon delve, i will politely decline the poor dude.

• 10 posts
    November 8, 2018 9:06 PM PST

Almost always help, but could depend on circumstances.  If amassing for a raid, it would depend on what they're asking.  If you roll up and ask me to assist you in Upper Guk camping myconid for the gold ring for paw of opolla and I'm about to raid - eshhh, probably would have to politely decline and add them to friends.  Let them know the situation and assist later.

• 429 posts
    November 8, 2018 11:25 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Scenario - You just feel like chilling with a beer and fishing or crafting in Pantheon and someone asks you for help, what do you do? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

Dont drink beer . always help if I'm just chilling :)

• 216 posts
    November 9, 2018 2:35 AM PST

If im just relaxing and have no other plans I would help always. I play as a cleric so I expect to get whispers now and again asking for a rez or a little help here and there.

• 153 posts
    November 9, 2018 5:22 AM PST

alephen said:

Riqq said:

i wonder how many beers kilsin was in, when he decided to fish for responses -_-.

Fixed :)

P.S. If they need help carrying a keg of brew, I could certainly help lighten the load.

haha yes! ty!

• 2138 posts
    November 9, 2018 8:20 AM PST

I would go, especially if I was specifically asked. I think I do alot of asking and I am sensitive to not being annoying so I love it if people ask me for help- especially those I have asked to help with my things, before.

If I am in game and on, I'm there, with or without beer :) there will always be time for crafting or fishing- usually when I really want to get somehting done and no one is on! lol.

I'll pack up all my fishing/crafting stuff, make some room for posssible loots in bags and then be on my way as soon as possible regardless of wether or not I have buffs/ports. Buffs and ports are random daily things and come with whomever is in the the group and are never necessary. Getting there and being with the group and helping as soon as possible is "the needful thing". No ports? who cares, I am on my way running already. Or if they ask and we are in the same zone I expect to begin running to destination as a group once we are grouped and not spend another 20min waiting for ports or buffs- because I could have been using that time to fish/craft :)

The only minor annoyance is once I pack up and fuss with bank inventory and am half way there- only to hear that they dont need help anymore or have decided to do something else, to then to go back, fuss with bank inventory and unpack fishing/crafting stuff to get back in the swing of things.

If its a general ask for help- like in General chat- I will eavesdrop and fidget if I notice they are still asking for help after a bit while I quietly continue fishing/crafting. But i'll probably say I can help if I still see them asking. It's a different dynamic as I wil still continue to fish/craft while we still  put together a group. Once it gets close to full then I'll start packing up and getting ready. if no one joins I will suggest trying it with just us, or maybe trying something new or random- why waste the duo while we have it? 

• 63 posts
    November 9, 2018 9:30 AM PST

I find that crafting / gathering isnt engaging enough to do when drinking.  When drinking I prefer to grab my healer and get out there and grind and level up.

So I would probably be levelling and not be available to help.

• 168 posts
    November 9, 2018 11:00 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Scenario - You just feel like chilling with a beer and fishing or crafting in Pantheon and someone asks you for help, what do you do? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

For the most part a game to me is based around the "who you know " nucleus. If it is a guildy, game friend, RL friend, or friend of the guild I will drop what I am doing and help if it's not too time consuming. Random unknowns don't really ask such things of me but I may concider helping agin if it's short term. Those that made my or my guilds blacklist... I will /ignore. Fishing with a beer is perfectly acceptable, crafting with a beer is fine if the crafting system doesn't demand both hands on the keyboard and mouse.

Exceptions, making potions or food for an upcoming raid- nope, will help some other time as what I am currently doing is my function in-game and supporting the guild comes first.

• 388 posts
    November 9, 2018 10:37 PM PST

too many variables to calculate an answer. :)

(i will honestly help most people, if possible)

• 259 posts
    November 11, 2018 7:01 PM PST

If I'm not too busy I will usually help if I can.

I don't mind taking a little break from what I'm doing.

If it is too time consuming, I may have to nicely decline the help.

• 1714 posts
    November 11, 2018 8:31 PM PST

I wouldn't be caught dead fishing or crafting. Let's rock. 

• 77 posts
    November 11, 2018 9:53 PM PST
    If I’m just fishing or crafting then I must be bored out of my mind.

Tell your friend to grab a beer then go help them out. Then go start a rumble in open world PvP
    • 249 posts
    November 11, 2018 10:23 PM PST
    DrunkQuest was the best version of EverQuest. So I don't see why Pantheon: Rise of The Hangover is any different
    • 768 posts
    November 13, 2018 1:40 AM PST

I'll assist with the best of my abilities and time I have available at that time. In most cases.

• 137 posts
    November 13, 2018 1:21 PM PST

Step 1: Check to make sure the person and/or the person's guild is not on my list (yes, I keep a list)

Step 2: Explain briefly what to expect this night, as I am enjoy beer(s)

Beer 1-4, Expect really good help, I will be attentive and keep you alive

Beer 5-6, Turn off auto-follow, I will survive, but most like you will not

Beer 7-9, Remind me to attack when mobs are in camp

Beer 10+, send me a test /tell before doing anything to make sure I haven't passed out

Step 3: If we have gotten to Beer 7+ without me offending you to the point of needing to call a priest, please feel free to /friend me

• 1019 posts
    November 13, 2018 3:44 PM PST

No question.  I'd go help.